SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Well, as much as I come here for the tomfoolery, at some point someone have to step up and give a factual answer. Right?
Now, all continue being amusing!

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

See..i teld you it was a thing! makes my tongue feel like tender sandpaper

You soft northern shite. .:biggrin:

1 hour ago, unders said:

It’s too exotic for your northern palette. You can’t just undo years of genetics like that. You need to stick to Greggs.

Them lot only go to Greggs on date night /anniversaries mate 

I'm looking for a good pair of *clear acetate* sunglasses, similar to the Entourage of 7 Beacon sunglasses (seen in the "Ford v. Ferrari" movie, which I recommend):

dsc_0137.jpg

Could people recommend to me good quality, not made in China, brands available *online* in the US? Happy to pay for premium manufacturing and materials, not so much for branding.

I've been looking at Moscot (MiC), Oliver Peoples (Luxotica...), Garrett Leigh (MiC), Article One, Dita, Allyn Scura, Tart, & Komono, but I'm probably missing some other makers because I'm new to this.

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

I've been looking at Moscot (MiC), Oliver Peoples (Luxotica...), Garrett Leigh (MiC), Article One, Dita, Allyn Scura, Tart, & Komono, but I'm probably missing some other makers because I'm new to this.

Try Archibald London (archibaldlondon.com) – all their frames are handmade in Japan, can't remember the prefecture but it's the acetate frame version of our denim haunts. I have a pair of the Blaksmiths as my daily prescription glasses; been thinking about ordering another pair for sunnies when funds permit (not that they're expensive – very competitively priced). They'll also mail out testing kits with a few frames in the US or UK, but I'd imagine the current situation has put that on hold...

Edited by mondo

All time favourite windbreaker would be Nike's early blue label 1980's Windrunner in blu/red with the screen printed logo before they moved to embroidery

https://i.etsystatic.com/5690437/r/il/81477b/1911819742/il_570xN.1911819742_sg28.jpg

Nowadays, i wear Gorewear C7 (race-fit) for cycling, it's a ridiculous piece of kit, 100% waterproof, shakedry and weighs in at less than 100g for the medium.

https://static.evanscycles.com/production/clothing/cycling-jackets/product-image/969-638/gore-wear-c7-goretex-shakedry-jacket-black-EV325628-8500-2.jpg

20 hours ago, JDelage said:

I'm looking for a good pair of *clear acetate* sunglasses, similar to the Entourage of 7 Beacon sunglasses (seen in the "Ford v. Ferrari" movie, which I recommend):

dsc_0137.jpg

Could people recommend to me good quality, not made in China, brands available *online* in the US? Happy to pay for premium manufacturing and materials, not so much for branding.

Lemtosh is nice... Effector, Groover, Masunaga, Native Son ...AB745297-A882-412B-9B39-09852C81AD69.jpeg.65548f2b334738c09e3e6117861e40ea.jpeg5D751C1B-09F7-488B-A01B-0C8601852A16.thumb.jpeg.009c39642deb39bf40b5bdf2531628ae.jpeg

... & these:

Edited by BrownMetallic

On 5/12/2020 at 11:34 PM, JDelage said:

PSA - Rakuten Global is closing down... 

Rakuten Global Market 
Closure Announcement

Dear Rakuten Global Market Customers, 

We thank you for your support over the past ten years. We regret to inform you that Rakuten Global Market will be closed permanently from June 1, 2020 2 PM(JST).
Please read the following information regarding to last order(s) placement on Rakuten Global Market:

- The last date on which you can make a purchase on Rakuten Global Market: June 1, 2020, 2 PM (JST)
*Please complete your order by this time. 
- Last payment completion date: June 11, 2020, 10 AM (JST) 
*Please complete your payment by this time. 
- Last shipment date: June 15, 2020 
*Stores will complete shipment by this date. 

You can continue enjoying shopping items from Japan by using below services with your membership and Rakuten Points:

- Rakuten Ichiba: one of the biggest shopping websites in Japan (Available in Japanese) 
- Rakuten Global Express: Rakuten's official international delivery service (Available in English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Korean) 

Please click here for more information on Rakuten Global Market closure, alternative shopping services on Rakuten and other FAQs.

Once again, it has been a pleasure to serve you and express our deepest gratitude to all Rakuten Global Market customers.

Sincerely, 
Rakuten Global Market Team

Now that Rakuten Global Market has been officially closed for a few weeks, was wondering what folks are using as their preferred alternates?  I'm based in California.  

I'm familiar with Denimio and OkayamaDenim, which I've used, but both have a narrow selection, and I have yet to try Amazon Japan.  I still can't figure out how to use Rakuten Global Express (derp). 

I'm most bummed about Rakuten Global Market closing because it gave access to quality used / second hand stuff.  Are there any other options for buying second hand without Rakuten Global Market?  

On 6/15/2020 at 5:54 PM, cmo said:

Anybody used Superstitch in Paris before for a mail in?  He received my item on 31st May and since then has not responded to any messages.  All I want from him is an estimated finishing time but at the minute looks like I may be lucky getting my jeans back!! 

Update about Superstitch if anyone interested...... still waiting for my jeans back.  Managed to get one phone call with him where he told me they were finished and posted back on 22nd June.  Still not received them and now he answers no messages or phone calls.  Pretty diabolical service for someone who promotes themselves as a professional outfit on Instagram.  Regret sending them now as they were a new pair of Resolute.... 

looks like I’ll just have to suck it up and hope they arrive sometime. 

I removed the cinch on a pair of Full Counts. I removed the rivets with pliers then unpicked the stitching and finally stitched over the holes left from the rivets. Very simple and quick with no damage other than the two (repaired) holes at the bottom of the waistband on either side of the belt loop. I kept the cinch buckle too!

1EB7917F-2F94-4F62-837A-70E551BE79E4.jpeg

Good stuff, post a photo of the jeans too. I just remembered that I did the same thing (but earlier) with a pair of LVC 37s I bought really cheap from eBay - basically new one-wash condition, except the cinch strap was cut, so I removed the whole thing - not bad for £22! I've thrown them away now but they were fine post-op!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic