SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Do people really recommend sizing one down from your true waist size for samurai S0510XX and S510XX? 

Scratch that. I wear a 30" and I've been told by a samurai rep that I want a size 30 in the S0510XX. Does that check out? Said it would shrink in the waist to 29" and then stretch out to >=30".

Edited by atomicV1sion

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience with the sizing (and quality) of the Orslow workshirts? I'm looking at a polka dot one which looks very nice but looking around the internet the size charts seem to be all over the place. I also got some measurements from Meadow where I'll buy it from but they only made the confusion worse.

This is the shirt I'm looking at: https://www.meadowweb.com/art/orslow-work-shirt-polka-dot.php

17 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

Hello! I’m looking to buy a Sugar Cane 1953 jacket. Has anyone ordered to USA from Pants Shop Avenue? 

Naoki from PSA is a trustworthy person. I buy stuff from him for over 10 years now.

He currently ships to the US with DHL because EMS is still unreliable. 

On 6/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Naoki from PSA is a trustworthy person. I buy stuff from him for over 10 years now.

He currently ships to the US with DHL because EMS is still unreliable. 

Do you get stung by customs when DHL is used?...

If you were buying a pair of indigo warp/weft jeans, would you rather have them dyed indigo after they were made or before, when they were still simply yarns of cotton? They’ll end up blue either way but I think you’d prefer the second method. This is perhaps less important or noticeable on a t-shirt but the same principles apply.

Anybody used Superstitch in Paris before for a mail in?  He received my item on 31st May and since then has not responded to any messages.  All I want from him is an estimated finishing time but at the minute looks like I may be lucky getting my jeans back!! 

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

Question regarding indigo-dyed tee-shirts: what is the advantage of a yarn dyed fabric, or what is the difference between it and a garment dyed piece over time?

I have both indigo and non-indigo garment dyed t-shirts. They have a more "broken-in" look and the fabric faded more quickly over time than my yarn dyed garments. They looked great when they were new, but they've since developed a bit of a dingy, washed-out look, rather than "worn-in". I'm not a huge fan.

Thanks Collin. I don’t doubt I’ll get them back I am just impatient and his communication isn’t great. I get he is busy but a one line message to reassure me isn’t too difficult. I’ll just have to wait out!! 

1 hour ago, cmo said:

Thanks Collin. I don’t doubt I’ll get them back I am just impatient and his communication isn’t great. I get he is busy but a one line message to reassure me isn’t too difficult. I’ll just have to wait out!! 

For what it's worth he's alone managing a few different operations : Europe brand representative of Resolute and Fortela, Denim repair and alteration product, owner of a denim shop and a denim brand ! 

If it's your first time trying him out you won't be disappointed. His denim alterations are definitely the best in Europe and USA (except if you can convince Roy to alter your pair). Only a few makers in Japan would be at it's level.

37 minutes ago, Collin said:

Not a brand often seen here, if ever... But here is my recent denim project going quite well. Visvim Social Sculpture denim 01.2R. Duration: 6 months. 3 machine washes with Warehouse denim detergent. Love the indigo dyed elk leather patch subtle aging.

dJ1AEQH.jpg

w9Tr2I5.jpg

lv4kXhR.jpg

Inspired by Collins post I'd lie to hear people's experienceswith Visvim? Some nice looking pieces but the prices are staggering, a 3 pack of plain ts is 500 quid! There ain't many plain white ts for 160 quid a pop!

I've been to two stores in Tokyo with my son and both were very impressive and packed, what's the thoughts on them?

@Skeese RMC make one too:

https://therealmccoys.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/real-mccoys-lot-s003j

@Geeman I couldn’t pull off Visvim. It’s too cool for me, kind of intimidatingly cool (if that’s even a thing which I’m not sure it is). A bit like Kapital. Sure they have some plainer stuff, but if I want plain I’m not paying Visvim or Kapital prices for it. 

38 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Inspired by Collins post I'd lie to hear people's experienceswith Visvim? Some nice looking pieces but the prices are staggering, a 3 pack of plain ts is 500 quid! There ain't many plain white ts for 160 quid a pop!

I've been to two stores in Tokyo with my son and both were very impressive and packed, what's the thoughts on them?

I have some of their stuff and like the brand. Allthough the prices went through the roof the last couple of years. 

It's definitely more fashion orientated than real rough and tough workwear. But it's well constructed and they use great materials.

I had a pair of jeans but wasn't that impressed with them when they where new. But can't comment on quality after some wear. The hidden zipper and the patch are a really cool feature though.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic