SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I’ve got a range of different lvc jeans. From the Valencia st period up until the last year of Cone replicating most time periods. Nearly all of them have tiny pocket bags. Were the pocket bags really this shallow back in the days or was Levi’s just not arsed to make proper ones that my huge ass iPhone can fit in?

8 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

I’ve got a range of different lvc jeans. From the Valencia st period up until the last year of Cone replicating most time periods. Nearly all of them have tiny pocket bags. Were the pocket bags really this shallow back in the days or was Levi’s just not arsed to make proper ones that my huge ass iPhone can fit in?

It's just lvc l'm afraid.

Worst contenders were : 1873/1890, 1915, 1917 and 1927 models iirc.

Not only that but their pocket bag material is made from something akin to kitchen towel. Original examples had a slightly heavier calico material until 1980/81.

But then again we are talking about lvc..

Edited by Dr_Heech

Hey everyone, sorry to bother and if I am in the wrong place i apologize. recently got a pair of the roy r01 indigo lovers in sz 34. they are amazing but fit just slightly baggier than i hoped. was wondering if anyone on here had any roy jeans in sz 33 that they would be willing to part with. My IL's are soaked twice and have a bit of leg twist and i am truly loving them so far. thanks again!

I've got a pair of Sage denim that I got from Massdrop. I noticed that none of the buttonholes are reinforced (no stitching around the holes at all). This is the only pair I have that are like this. I can't help but think they're going to tear through eventually. Should I try and reinforce the holes myself?

PSA - Rakuten Global is closing down... 

Rakuten Global Market 
Closure Announcement

Dear Rakuten Global Market Customers, 

We thank you for your support over the past ten years. We regret to inform you that Rakuten Global Market will be closed permanently from June 1, 2020 2 PM(JST).
Please read the following information regarding to last order(s) placement on Rakuten Global Market:

- The last date on which you can make a purchase on Rakuten Global Market: June 1, 2020, 2 PM (JST)
*Please complete your order by this time. 
- Last payment completion date: June 11, 2020, 10 AM (JST) 
*Please complete your payment by this time. 
- Last shipment date: June 15, 2020 
*Stores will complete shipment by this date. 

You can continue enjoying shopping items from Japan by using below services with your membership and Rakuten Points:

- Rakuten Ichiba: one of the biggest shopping websites in Japan (Available in Japanese) 
- Rakuten Global Express: Rakuten's official international delivery service (Available in English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Korean) 

Please click here for more information on Rakuten Global Market closure, alternative shopping services on Rakuten and other FAQs.

Once again, it has been a pleasure to serve you and express our deepest gratitude to all Rakuten Global Market customers.

Sincerely, 
Rakuten Global Market Team

What a shitter. 

Back to the good old days of using google translate to email a store to ask if they’ll ship, and inevitably balls up sizing and not be able to return! Denimio are probably rubbing their hands. 

Edit: that Global Express service looks like it resolves the shipping headache with Rakuten acting as proxy. 

Presumably volumes through the international site made it unviable. 

Edited by unders

7 minutes ago, lance said:

Whatever happened to Foxy2??

He's well as far as i know lance, he's just taking a bit of a break from denimland.. ive thought about emailing him to check if he's ok but if he wants a bit of time out, i'm not going to bug him.

We spent a couple of weeks at his place on the Isle of Eigg last year (i think this is where he's holed up taking rufuge from Covid) its so beautiful!, this is singing sands a short walk from foxy's house.

IMG_8314

This is taken from the top of an sugrr, when i took a run up there one morning

IMG_8283

I was catching pollock in the evening for our tea.

IMG_8314

..while our boy caught hermit crabs (amongst other things) on the rocks

IMG_8314

IMG_8314

It's idylic.. we had use of his and his mrs bikes at the house so @Foxy2 being the kind soul which he is hired a bike for our boy for the duration of our stay so we could all get around the island. What a nice guy B)

Anyone know what the situation is in Japan atm with international shipping? I've had one package sitting at Tokyo international since April 24. I know it's due to the limited flights, but I've been eyeing something else and would hate to end up waiting months on that too. Are orders from Denimio in the same boat right now? I hope Japan begins to open up again soon so I can get my package.

I’ll believe it when it arrives, but I placed an order with Denimio 13 May, shipped today and fedex are estimating delivery (to UK) by 27th. 

I’ll let you know if it arrives on time. 

Im easy though. Ain’t got nowhere to be in my new slacks. 

I've had 3 EMS shipments sent in the last couple months, from JP to Europe. Shipment sent Apr 9 took 21 days, shipment sent Apr 14 took 28 days, and shipment sent Apr 24 will arrive after this week end so at least 31 days. This limited sample suggests that things are still getting worse rather than better. In other words, backlog is still accumulating in Tokyo airport rather than resorbing.

FedEx, UPS, and (best of all) DHL is another story entirely.

Japan's EMS is still doing better than the US' USPS by the way (in part because some US shipments to Europe transit by Japan, for some weird reason).

17 minutes ago, Geeman said:

I ordered from Amazon JP and it took less than a week

This is interesting. Where are you? Are you sure your package shipped from Japan using EMS?

Edited by JDelage

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic