SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

33 minutes ago, conqueror said:

they weren't handmade by a little old lady in the swiss alps, but CKs are still fairly bombproof to me. there are tons of cuts/colours/materials, too.

Yeah, if they still did a cut that worked for me I'd be sticking with them without question. Do wish they were a little less sweat-shop-ey, sure, but they've always been comfortable and have consistently lasted me 3+ years of weekly wear, so no complaints there. Since I'm having to switch either way, though, I figure I might as well go for an upgrade…

@ecsong187, heard good things about those, but very much not interested in synthetic blends.

4 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

I've drawn up some designs for some and have vintage (unworn ;)) examples of 1930-40s boxers, but I'm wondering if there's much of a market for it. Certainly, modeling them will be interesting!

Would that be the kind that have a v shaped yoke in the front & three pearl buttons? Seriously I remember seeing some like that in a vintage store. 

9 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Sunspel Boxers are a great fit - but ultimately they’re not worth the 500% uplift over M&S boxers which is my go to

However I would be interested in a proper vintage style french back boxers (I think Brooks still something similar)

B89844F6-707B-4900-A5F9-E970A816D9D9.jpeg

Yeah. These are what I was talking about. I wasn't brave enough to try them. Probably should have but then again if I'd become a devoutee where would I have found more? (This was in the pre internet days).

Int'l shipping is such a mess right now. Here are the packages I've been waiting for:

Coming from:    Sent date:    Latest update:
USA                   17-Mar-20    Spent 1 month in JP (?) before being sent out on Apr-23. Out for delivery in France... Edit: Just delivered, 0n Apr-29...
USA                   23-Mar-20    Departed Chicago March 29
USA                   25-Mar-20    Departed NYC Apr-27
Australia            1-Apr-20       Departed Sydney on Apr-2. I worry is stuck in JP.
Japan                9-Apr-20       Departed Osaka Int'l on Apr-24
Lithuania            15-Apr-20    Departed Vilnius Int'l on Apr-18

Pretty stressful as it is; would be much worse without tracking....

Edited by JDelage

I may be a bit biased because I'm friends with Christian but Choctaw Ridge from Left Field makes supima boxers briefs as well as 3 button yoke boxers. The boxer briefs are kinda low cut but have retained their shape quite well. The boxers are higher cut almost sitting on your natural waist. They are really breathable for sure. 

I used to buy all my SC from Vari, i was on really good terms with the staff and the answer to your question is yes, but i am talking more than 10yrs since i placed an order with them. The manager is/was called Hirofumi Udono and speaks excellent english, they're really good to deal with but i'm not sure how much of the range they carry nowadays.. they used to stock most of it.

You may strike lucky at Milwaukee. I can’t remember the manager’s/owner’s name as I haven’t bought anything there in years but they’re pretty good and even publicise their overseas mail order service.

Edit: I think his name is Mario.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

What's the feeling on dry cleaning? I remember people doing that with jeans back in the day. Never tried it myself. Does it do something bad to the denim?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic