SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

@ecsong187- They used to make the Stand Up in a 5" inseam. That's the one I like & wear. It was apparently discontinued last year but you may be able to find remnant stock here and there. The baggies have a very different cut & feel. They're really for outdoor activities, whereas the stand ups can be used as casual wear.

E.g., https://www.billandpauls.com/patagonia/stand-up-shorts-5-18247

Ha, me too, I have 3 pairs destroyed but wearable at home, one pair decent to wear In mixed company and 4 new, unworn pairs but it still requires a call to Patagonia. I’ll check back after my call.

Edited by lance

Well FU*K, you are right JDelage, 2019 was the last year offered.  I asked why and of course got an “I dunno” response so I left a suggestion (no not that one!). The guy suggested REI and Dick’s sporting goods. Ah well, another classic bites the dust.

edit  just thought of an alternative, as a last resort buy the 7” inseam and have a tailor shorten them

Edited by lance

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Even CSF, if I can find the link/picture again, I’ll post it here.  

Stitch by stitch repro of 1918 pestilence face mask, available in 12 months???

I’m putting an order in as this could come in handy as an ongoing accessory!!

Could someone with Tezomeya shirt post their shoulder & P2P measurements? Mostly interested in the 175cm and 185cm sizes. I know the chest measurement is posted on the site but I don't know what the stretching / shrinking is...

Thanks!

@JDelage, mine are tagged size 8 (I think this was the largest size, 185 cm?) and measure 22 1/4" across the chest, 19 1/2" across the tops of the shoulders, and 18 1/2" across the backs of the shoulders. It's worth noting that the sleeves are fairly long, measuring 9 1/2" from the shoulder / 5 1/2" from the pit. This is all consistent between two tees, one of which has been through the dryer and the other of which hasn't.

Next time I order from them, I think I'll go a size down.

Edited by julian-wolf

Well, I placed an order with McFly on Apr 8th. They immediately did the EMS package registration (I got the EMS tracking number right away). I got confirmation on April 9th that the shipment was with EMS. Then I only got notification 15mn ago that the EMS package had left Japan and was en-route for France. So the package spent over 2 weeks in Japan with EMS waiting to fly out.

I expect it will then wait a few weeks at the French customs office... 

Any UK guys recommend a decent leather worker to repair my OGL  wallet as the stitching is starting to unravel,  I d love to keep it going as opposed to getting a new one. 

On 4/24/2020 at 3:53 AM, julian-wolf said:

@JDelage, mine are tagged size 8 (I think this was the largest size, 185 cm?) and measure 22 1/4" across the chest, 19 1/2" across the tops of the shoulders, and 18 1/2" across the backs of the shoulders. It's worth noting that the sleeves are fairly long, measuring 9 1/2" from the shoulder / 5 1/2" from the pit. This is all consistent between two tees, one of which has been through the dryer and the other of which hasn't.

Next time I order from them, I think I'll go a size down.

another thing with tezo tees in my experience is that the feel of the fabric seems to change according to the dyes used. i have one of the blackest colours they have and the fabric on that one apart from seeming a bit "thicker" when worn has stayed soft after (7?) years, meanwhile my "mourning" colour tee has become sort of rough and almost crispy especially after a wash even though supposedly both of them started off as the same plain loopwheel tees. 

Anyone wear fancy briefs or boxer briefs? Any recommendations? Have a couple pairs from Merz that I like a lot, and a pair from Ues that I don't like so much—both because they lack a fly and because they're part synthetic. For years I wore Kalvins and pretty much nothing else, but they changed their fit at some point around 2–3 years ago to one that no longer works for me; my stash is starting to dwindle and I figure this is as good a time as any to start upgrading more consistently. The Stevensons look good, but the only place I'm seeing them for sale is Self Edge and, while I'm sure it's a reasonable price for what I'd be getting, $80 / pair is more than I'm willing to spend right now. Looking specifically for 100% natural fiber.

@kiya, I remember you talking a few years ago about doing some testing yourself and putting together a list. Did anything ever come of that? (Am I just imagining things here? Wouldn't be the first time…)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic