SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anyone have recommendations for t-shirts with a body length that's on the shorter side? I'm 5'7" (170cm) and most of my t-shirts sit somewhere in the bottom half of my fly—lower than I'd like. I've gotten used to just wearing them tucked in, but I'm looking for something I can wear tucked or untucked. Velva Sheen's been the brand I've liked best in terms of fit so far. Looking to try something new.

What's everyone's thoughts on Merz-b? 

I've had 2 tops from them, first developed a hole at the hem after the first wash,  second one arrived with weird fade marks across the front back and sides:angry:

What really pisses me of is that I went on the waiting list for it, forgot about it until it restocked in Feb and they emailed me. I bought it but didn't get round to wearing it till today and noticed the faults. 

Emailed them but they might say no return given it was 6 weeks ago. 

Man that’s a bummer. I’ve never handled any of their product but I’ve always decided against trying their stuff because the body length is so long. I hate tees that are super long in the body even though I’m somewhat tall.

31 minutes ago, Geeman said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Merz-b? 

I've had 2 tops from them, first developed a hole at the hem after the first wash,  second one arrived with weird fade marks across the front back and sides:angry:

What really pisses me of is that I went on the waiting list for it, forgot about it until it restocked in Feb and they emailed me. I bought it but didn't get round to wearing it till today and noticed the faults. 

Emailed them but they might say no return given it was 6 weeks ago. 

whoa weird. I've loved my merz b t-shirts that I've gotten. which did you get? 

10 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

whoa weird. I've loved my merz b t-shirts that I've gotten. which did you get? 

First was a grey long sleeve Henley,  2nd was the retro sport t

8 minutes ago, unders said:

Have you worn the second one? Given the product is faulty you’d hope the time wouldn’t be an issue. 

Nope,. We'll see what happens when they reply

On 4/10/2020 at 8:02 PM, discwork said:

Whitesville's definitely a contender. Sizing charts are all over the place though; don't know which shop to trust :laugh: I'll check out Rite Stuff as well!

Beware of Whitesville. The shrinkage is irregular, even in the same lot.

The ones I have that didn't shrink too much (in a 30 degree wash) is great though.

Just now, Bobbo said:

Beware of Whitesville. The shrinkage is irregular, even in the same lot.

The ones I have that didn't shrink too much (in a 30 degree wash) is great though.

Can confirm this about Whitesville. Two sets of black tees, one set of whites – all shrank different amounts, even when put through same washing process. 

As you say, though, the ones that fit are excellent quality basics.

FWIW, my Merz tees have both been great. I like the slightly longer body for tucking, and I also enjoy the slightly loose neck. Also like that the fabric is a bit more low-key than some of the heavier Japanese loopwheeled options.

@Geeman 

Re Merz - got two t-shirts and two henleys - all have stood up well with some decent wear. No neck issues on the t-shirts. Henleys are pretty wide neck but am ok with that. The material is pretty thick and they’re pretty slim fitting.

My preference atm is ELMC - the army tees are lighter weight, long for tucking, spacious. The difference in the ringer tee is it’s thicker material that the army tees.

Edited by MJF9

2 hours ago, Geeman said:

Looks like I was unlucky then....twice!

Sounds like it! Also for what it's worth, when I met with Merz earlier this year, they said they made the henley necks smaller so it's not so wide. The hemp/cotton charcoal pocket tshirt they did a little bit ago is one of my favorite shirts. I like the asymmetrical slightly skewed pocket. 

While we're on the topic of T-shirts, has anyone ever had issues with coverstitched sleeve hems coming undone? I have a number of 3sixteen pocket tees and noticed that the threads haven't been holding up even after a couple of wears and washes. The photos might not illustrate it too well, but it only happens wear they've started/stopped the coverstitch. Once the shops open up again, I might get my regular alterations/tailor guy to go over it a couple of times to secure it...

20200302_155518.thumb.jpg.c9fb501655f2e71ba7b78eae97ff238f.jpg

20200302_155535.thumb.jpg.8b7995adc925f4afa3e481fca286144e.jpg

I think I'm still on the hunt for the best basic T-shirts for me. My Warehouse henley is nice but I do want to try Lady White tees as well!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic