SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

3 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Thought you might appreciate these MJ...

In my folks attic i have a box of old pumps from my misspent/wellspent youth, my dad often uses them for doing the gardening and such, it does makes me smile when i see him tending his vegatable patch....looking like an extra from WildStyle...

IMG_8711

Sorry about the lighting, its pretty dark up there.

IMG_8711

proper blast from the past. these were cool as hell in italy too around 1996-1998. had them on the puma and adidas campus

So I just came back from the attic bedroom to plunder the shoe cupboard that Mrs MJF9 considerately had a joiner build me in the alcoves in the wall to deal with the trainer box chaos back then. 

6 pairs of Superstars left standing. 

The 3 pairs on boxes are 3 of 35 from the 35th Anniversary models back in 2005. I remember early starts to queue up before the shop opened.  Yes so it turns out it's 50th Anniversary this year. Sure some hype will be planned.

Music Series 

#16 Ian Browns (fat red laces)

#18 Roc-a-fella (black laces)

Expression Series

#10 Lee Quinones (khaki laces)

The others are Star Wars (2007), a 'snakeskin' pair and a woven navy pair.

Lost in action - the 1989s from Geese with fat red laces that started this digression and a chocolate brown pair. RIP. 

Apologies - the small questions thread has been royally spammed!!!

So a small question to reign it in...

Shall I ask Bartles to add an option to the WH competition????

'Include pair of 2020 50th Anniversary Adidas Superstars with fat red laces?'

No no no... I'm joking... 

BEF82AEE-A6D0-4058-9A33-6CCE01B03551.jpeg

On 2/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, lance said:

Is anyone aware of the Japanese brand Confect? They have a linen denim line for Spring 2020 that looks good. 

I’ve got a shirt from them, and my wife has a dress and hoodie from their women’s line. I really like their fabric selections and style, though the men’s fits tend to be a bit voluminous.

Our Confect clothes are about a year old now - long enough to say that they’re not bad quality (as everything is holding up extremely well), but not long enough to say that they’re notably good quality. Definitely a fan of everything so far though, and will keep checking out their seasons in the future. I’ll have to look for the denim line...

Thanks for your reply/info, FeloniousMonk. I noticed that the linen/denim shirt has VERY generous dimensions! They responded to an email requesting whether or not the 10 oz linen was indigo dyed or just indigo color. Turns out it’s indigo dyed so I am seriously considering the shirt.

2 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

I'll be in London for a few days end of the month, any cool places to check out? Talking restaurants, museums, record stores and so on.

Thanks already ;)

My wife and I just went a couple months ago and I'd definitely recommend going to Koya Soho (it's a small udon spot that is hands down the best I've ever had. The guys from fine creek and PBJ have gone there too and they raved about it. They have a variety of ways to order the udon but my favorite by far is to get cold udon with hot broth. The tempura udon was my favorite combo. I went 3 times in our 5 days in London). I'd also recommend Dishoom which has a bunch of locations and is really popular but it's quite good. I really liked the V&A museum and if you're into fashion and photography, I'd suggest the Tim Walker exhibit at the V&A. It's one of the paid exhibits but it's well worth it. The way it's done is so unique where each room is decorated in a way to reflect the series of photographs in that room. 

V and A museum,  Natural History Museum and Imperial War Museum are all fantastic and free.  The British Museum is world famous and has a great Japanese history section, it's 5 mins from Rivet and Hide and Clutch Cafe.

Do the Tower of London, it's my favourite building and been many times. Every half hour the Beefeaters do a guided tour at no extra cost, brilliant tour and you miss so much detail just walking around on your own. 

Dishooms good but slightly over rated  in my opinion.  Give   Smokestak a try, they've never let me down!

If you do Brick Lane on a Sunday after visiting Son of a Stag there's a decent street food set up in the old boiler house behind SOAS.

The whole area has places to Mooch round despite being very popular now, with the hipster Shoreditch just round the corner.

Tourist as fuck but a great couple of hours are the Jack The Ripper walking tours round Whitechapel.

Couple months ago I did a "ghost bus" tour of London that was designed for Adults. Sort of travelling black comedy/macabre history tour. Great couple of hours after a pint or 2!

PM me, I can send you links. 

V&A Museum is superb, and so is the Churchill War Room (needs to be booked in advance). Tower of London is very good too. Dishoom is so-so IMHO, and not worth the wait. High tea can be a fun experience. We had a good one at the Oscar Wilde Tea Room.

@Thanks_M8

If you're in central and heading to the V&A Etc and are into Photography then I'd suggest The Photographers Gallery
it's practically on Oxford St. - actually down some stairs as you cut into Soho

16-18 Ramillies St, Soho, London W1F 7LW

https://goo.gl/maps/6Gbey2ougkA9HCGV6

For seafood is go to The Oystermen in Covent Garden. It's right near the square and a few doors from Nigel Cabourn  

The Oystermen Seafood Bar & Kitchen
32 Henrietta St, Covent Garden, London WC2E 8NA
020 7240 4417
https://goo.gl/maps/f6DdLUhKVPGrZYnj8

if you're out late in central London and want coffee or food after hours try Bar Bruno in Soho as well. It's an institution of sorts. Kind of a late night Italian English cafe bar. Full of characters and great atmosphere. Foods good. It's a very 'London' establishment. (Also open daytime) 

Bar Bruno
101 Wardour St, Soho, London W1F 0UG
020 7734 3750
https://goo.gl/maps/BdCL23TwUf19SJLT8

You should also go for pie and mash at a traditional place in the east end somewhere - with 'liquor' (gravy) of course... can't think which one is best though. 

As @Geeman said - Brick lane is good and have a pint in The Ten Bells. It's part of the Jack the Ripper story but actually a really good ol'fashioned London boozer. One of my favourites despite its infamy. I go anytime I'm up spitalfields or brick lane. 

The Ten Bells Spitalfields
84 Commercial St, Spitalfields, London E1 6LY
020 7247 7532
https://goo.gl/maps/3iGiHdtUks2TNWjm7

Edited by UkeNo

@UkeNo agree on the 10 bells. Always have a drink in there when passing. I also love walking the old victorian workers terraces right behind it that are now protected properties and worth millions. 

Is dinarama  (street food place) still going in Shoreditch? 

Y’all, what happened to Post O’alls? Yes they appear to still be a company, but I remember seeing much more activity with that brand many years ago. 

I ask because I just dug, from the basement, a Post O’alls nylon chore coat that I bought .. years ago. 

edit: for the record, chore coats are my jam

Edited by rockon99

@rockon99 Post is still doing things. Takeshi recently moved back to Japan and they have opened a new flagship store in Tokyo. They skipped a season a while back, whilst they organised moving all their production from made in the USA to made in Japan. I feel like they are concentrating on the Japanese market more these days. 

I use Zenmarket for site specific proxies. It's pretty straight forward, just send them the URL with a description of the item and size and they'll confirm.
Once they confirm that they can order the item then they'll send you a link to make payment. Their system of adding funds to the wallet is a bit strange, but other than that it's pretty easy.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic