SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anyone know about the relationship between L.C. King and Pointer Brand? I know they’re the same company, but wondering what makes Pointer so much cheaper than the former. 

I’ve had a hickory stripe chore coat for years (actually bought from a member here back in the day), and just came across a BNWT hickory chore coat from L.C. King today, which I bought. 

Is Pointer like, the son of L.C. King? 

JDelage, how do you navigate PSA successfully? Whenever I want something, I email Naoki who is always exceedingly helpful. But when I just want to browse, I guess at the Japanese and just fumble through because the English translation doesn’t seem to work. Thanks

I think @lance's problem is, when you use Chrome and have the auto-translate you can't skip through the pages anymore. If you are on page 1 from SDA shirts you can click on page 2 but it won't take you there. At least that's what I experience as well.
So I browse through site without translation, open everything I want to see in a new tab and have that tab translated then.

But I think @broark is right, too :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

42 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I think @lance's problem is, when you use Chrome and have the auto-translate you can't skip through the pages anymore. If you are on page 1 from SDA shirts you can click on page 2 but it won't take you there. At least that's what I experience as well.

You can modify the URL manually to enter the page number. Look at the URL on page 1, then click on page 2. In the URL, there's a "1" that will become "NaN" (maybe stand for "Not a number"). You can replace that "NaN" with 2, 3, etc.

Is it possible to have a chore coat fully wool/flannel lined? I have a classic duck Pointer coat that I'd love to wax and have a poor man's Barbour/Filson, but it's just too light and also scratchy on the interior for me to consider it as something to wear regularly. Anyone have experience with something like this?

4 hours ago, TheNorthern said:

Where can I purchase a pair of BNWT Wearhouse & Co. Lot 800XX these days?

(in the US)

Warehouse ships to the US, so you can order directly from their store.

anyone know which brands have a boiler suit/coverall  in khaki herringbone fabric? Freewheelers released one years ago but its not avilable anymore and quite pricey. I have my eye on the one from clubstubborn but its in ripstop fabric

Ive seen those clubstubborn overalls in my local vintage joint, they look pretty good.

Check out EG, they've made them in a number of styles/fabrics, there's def a gray herringbone not sure about khaki.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o365541582

https://item.fril.jp/02168fdafcd3d37f9ba80898756c036f

NC is also worth a look

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Coverall.

What is the intended purpose for buyers of this style?

I cannot think of any work environment (healthcare, engineering, petroleum, laboratory, hangar) that would consider it acceptable PPE.

It reminds me of something Kramer might have worn when he was getting dressed up and pretending he had a job.

Edited by Pedro

No PPE’s required for working with manure / compost, but it’s nice to not get covered head to toe in shit all the same

Having a single garment that protects you (at least to some non-EH&S-compliant degree) from the elements and is quick to take on and off / can be worn over other clothes seems like it could come in handy plenty

Edited by julian-wolf

1 minute ago, julian-wolf said:

No PPE’s required for working with manure / compost, but it’s nice to not get covered head to toe in shit all the same

$350 Herringbone to shovel manure?

I have never seen this worn in the stall or paddock but I have to agree its possible. 

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic