SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I don’t want anyone to replace a leather patch. I don’t want a leather patch in the first place. 

I’ve got 2 jackets and a pair of blacksmiths from RS with damn nice cloth patches and I there’s a nice pair of blue blankets that might be for me. 

I’ll look more at the tcbs. Thanks for that suggestion.  I hadn’t been paying much attention to that make. 

8 hours ago, kicks79 said:

@Pedro To a lot of people, it's not a laughing matter at all.  Why make fun of someone because they care about animals? 

Are you seriously equating the life of a cow with cotton plants? 

I was not making fun of people. I was laughing at the idea of shipping fancy britches off to a foreign land to have a patch replaced as a complete waste of limited earth resources. BTW, what do they do with the leather one? Throw it away? Or repurpose it? Great example of a First World Problem.

And for the record, yes, I do not differentiate between living organisms. I think a tree/plant is no different from a bovine or a human.

I find such prejudice (that some living organisms do not matter) offensive and it sounds like you are criticizing my belief that I care about all living things. Are you making fun of me?  Lol

And I agree with the poster above about cloth patches being quite brilliant. My favorite patch is the old white Levis patch found on the 201s.

Edited by Pedro

Probably better to just let the conversation move on at this point, but in stead I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring agreeing that it's silly as hell to treat animal life as being somehow inherently more worthwhile / more sacred than plant or fungal life. We're better at relating to cows than we are at relating to trees, but that doesn't give us any less of a "right" or whatever you want to call it to kill them. We kill trees 'cause their fibers make good packaging, just like we kill cows 'cause their meat tastes good; trying to justify either is moot.

I was also going to ask about loopwheel vs sinker weave, but it will probably end with someone arguing that colonial slavery doesn’t hold a candle to modern human trafficking.

Accusations will be made on both sides. Feelings will be hurt.  
Some will answer the question and wonder why an issue that wasn’t raised by the question had somehow become such a point of contention.

Civil war may ensue. 

...so I’ll just leave that for another day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Least fave is lvc for sure. Super long arms and quite flimsy. Canadian Reigning champ makes a really sturdy one and I also love my Loopwheeler. Interested in trying Cushman myself.

Super pretty fabric, but spending that much on jeans just for the fabric just doesn’t make sense. The whole thing’s out of balance—it’s like if Roy started making jeans from the fabric Levi’s uses for modern-day Walmart 501s. Good fabric deserves good construction, and good construction deserves good fabric.

I’ve got nothing against Gustin as a company, but releases like these or like the various $300+ N&F jeans made using world-class denim with the same standard construction and detailing 100% do not make sense to me.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic