SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Wolf Pack sells a lot of DH

8 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

Any of you heard of a leather jacket company called Double Helix? Not sure if they’re a Japanese company but I found them on Rakuten. Not a fan of all their stuff but they have a couple of nice looking pieces 

Yeah Wolf Pack sells a lot of DH

https://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?tl=0&k=Double Helix&sid=wolfpack

Edited by mlwdp

Just saw this Freenote shearling lined 20oz denim coat. Overall I like it, but it ain't cheap at $900. Especially since one could get the IH Sonder Supplies x Simmons Built for $100... but that's a sheep skin jacket, not a full grain steer leather, so that's to account for a lower price. Any thoughts on this Freenote thing? 

RJ2 Denim <span>Shearling</span>

I think it's gorgeous. I'm a little hesitant putting $900 in a denim jacket as I expect the cotton will be destroyed after a few years. This being said, I've been clamoring for a shearling denim jacket and this might just be the perfect item...

$900! Damn, Just buy yourself something from McCoys or Dehen with a Shearing collar...Probably get a leather jacket with a shearing collar for that money.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and call $900 for a denim jacket as 'overpriced'.  To each their own though.

1 hour ago, UkeNo said:

$900! Damn, Just buy yourself something from McCoys or Dehen with a Shearing collar...Probably get a leather jacket with a shearing collar for that money.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and call $900 for a denim jacket as 'overpriced'.  To each their own though.

Agreed. Obscenely overpriced

I need something warm and fully lined. A shearling collar on an unlined or moderately insulated jacket is stupid IMO. Agreed re: denim durability, yet denim is a durable fabric just not the most durable. For most everyone considering buying that jacket they'd never put it to use as real work wear. It should last a lifetime if cared for and not abused too much. I'd prefer a more weather resistant fabric, but not something like Gore-Tex. Maybe waxed canvas, but waxed fabric doesn't breathe - trade offs... F', for $725-$750 one can have an IH N1 or N2 alpaca lined Deck jacket. Which is a serious consideration... 

13 hours ago, mpukas said:

For most everyone considering buying that jacket they'd never put it to use as real work wear.  Maybe waxed canvas, but waxed fabric doesn't breathe - trade offs... F', for $725-$750 one can have an IH N1 or N2 alpaca lined Deck jacket. Which is a serious consideration... 

Waxed canvas always gets embedded dirt for me when using it for work, I used to have to buy the Filsons quite large because a wash was always an eventuality. Even my Barbour dress jacket suffers from this.

Do any of you know where brands like 3sixteen, RgT and Freenote Cloth get their flannel fabrics from? I know 3sixteen gets their denim from Kuroki, RgT from Nihon Menpu and Freenote gets some of their denim from Yoshiwa Mill, but I’m curious if there flannels come from the same mills as their denim. 

Who makes (semi) regular production jeans with a cloth, paper or other non-leather patch, and no leather washers or pocket reinforced edges, etc. 

I know Roy has done it twice (that I know of), but who knows what he’ll do next. 

Edited by lefty

On 10/19/2019 at 5:22 AM, lefty said:

Who makes (semi) regular production jeans with a cloth, paper or other non-leather patch, and no leather washers or pocket reinforced edges, etc. 

I know Roy has done it twice (that I know of), but who knows what he’ll do next. 

I second the 60's recommendation.  I have the TCB 60's and love them.  If you've never ordered from denimio, you can get them for about $140 with the first timer discount. 

If you want a modern cut, I think that Naked and Famous will replace the leather patch on any of their jeans with a vegan patch of you order through Tate and Yoko and request it when you place the order.  I'd email to ask first. 

A Vegan patch to replace a leather one?

Now that is funny.

What about the right to live for all those cotton plants that were mercilessly cut down and mutilated for the sake of fancy britches?

Edited by Pedro

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic