SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I got a pair of 501 STF in the spring f/ Levi's website and went TTS in waist and +1 in length. The waist is over sized by 0.5" and I got nearly 2" shrink but it stretched back to tagged size quickly, within a few hours of wear. I got about 2.5" shrink in length. IMO they're one of the best fitting pair of jeans. The cut looks great, they're comfortable, I can move freely in them without restriction, and the pockets are superbly functional - I can keep a folding knife w/ clip in my right pocket and still get my hand in. Pocket bags aren't deep enough tho. 

8 hours ago, mpukas said:

I got a pair of 501 STF in the spring f/ Levi's website and went TTS in waist and +1 in length. The waist is over sized by 0.5" and I got nearly 2" shrink but it stretched back to tagged size quickly, within a few hours of wear. I got about 2.5" shrink in length. IMO they're one of the best fitting pair of jeans. The cut looks great, they're comfortable, I can move freely in them without restriction, and the pockets are superbly functional - I can keep a folding knife w/ clip in my right pocket and still get my hand in. Pocket bags aren't deep enough tho. 

Thanks! Did you get that shrink from a machine wash or tub soak? 

How do you guys carry your phones with you? I’ve held on to my iPhone SE as long as I could. This and all my previous phones all fit in my front pockets but I’m afraid the iPhone 11 I’m getting won’t.

1 hour ago, Spiraltoy said:

How do you guys carry your phones with you? I’ve held on to my iPhone SE as long as I could. This and all my previous phones all fit in my front pockets but I’m afraid the iPhone 11 I’m getting won’t.

Have you been getting phone fades in the front pockets?  I have the XR and the 11 should be roughly the same size I believe.

I was getting ready to ask this exact question, as I've been looking at the DWC, etc threads and noticing not too many phone fade imprints on the front pocket.

I normally keep mine in the front, but for this new pair of denim I'm currently wearing right now, I just decided now to carry my phone in the back pocket instead as I was originally carrying it in the front.  I'm just hoping I don't sit on the phone. :D

Edited by mlwdp

9 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

Still have an SE. I’ll probably use this until they stop updates for it as it’s the perfect size. I carry it in my back left pocket behind my bandanna/handkerchief because I’m not a big fan of phone fades. 

Only in jeans pockets when I can't put it anywhere else, like a jacket pocket or a bag. At home I usually have in my hand when taking it with me, otherwise it's on some furniture.

Have had phone blowouts and really ugly fades.. Yours are much more subtle @Spiraltoy and looks better than what i hope to avoid.. 

Not having the phone in my jeans all the time also means that I don't use it as much, which definitely is a good thing ;)

So I am thinking of using Rakuten for the first time as I am after a Samurai Type 1 denim jacket, there is one outlet called 2nd and it looks like there are 2 jackets both in size 46:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s0555vx/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s0551xx/

I think I have seen the outlet mentioned before on other threads and i was wondering if anyone has had dealings with them or contacted them? I really want to double check sizing before I commit. Any help would be appreciated. 

Rakuten is my go to for purchases.  Unfortunately, a lot of my favorite shops on there are dropping PayPal as an accepted payment option which I think is due to PayPal maybe adding extra seller fees and getting a percentage of sales that the merchant produces.

Rakuten points are nice but don’t make much of a difference in a discount unless you accumulate a lot of them over time with big purchases.

thanks for the response 

@JDelage hmmmm i was hoping that wouldn't be the case, at the bottom of their advert they state that returns are not possible, I have the S553XX (type 3) in a size 46 and its a pretty good fit so fingers crossed it will be of a similar size...

@andrewrose did you manage to contact them via the Rakuten website? I'm looking at the page and went tot he shop information but couldn't see a direct way to email them, can't wait to use google translate-hopefully nothing gets lost in translation and I won't offend anyone!?!

I'll be getting the item sent to the UK but in your experience how much extra have you paid for the delivery?

@Toegun do check with 2nd but my recent experiences are that shops on Rakuten won't mark the package as a gift thereby annoyingly incurring high end UK import charges!

I got my 552XX from 2nd (albeit through a proxy) and the measurements online were good for a 46 - apart from the chest and length were the wrong way round. 

Let us know how you get on - good luck!

On 9/28/2019 at 11:37 PM, Spiraltoy said:

Galaxy S9+ (and all previous phones) in back left jeans pocket or left chest pocket on a button front shirt when I wear one. The front pockets on nearly all JP jeans are next to useless. 

It's that time of year again, winter is coming, and I'm still searching for a winter coat. Been drinking cleaning products all night, and, open for suggestions... ;) 

Yep just saw those. Must be awesome being IH. Not sure that's what I'm looking for though... I only like wear mountain-y gear when I'm doing mountain-y stuff. I can't really into puffy jacket thing that nearly everyone around these here parts wears. 

On 10/1/2019 at 3:39 PM, Toegun said:

I'll be getting the item sent to the UK but in your experience how much extra have you paid for the delivery?

I would try to contact Denimio: sometimes they can deliver Samurai stuff that is not even on their site (suppose good relations with brand), they can give measurements, they declare low price and you can pay via paypal and most likely return back if missed with size.

@dau interesting, I was after S0555vx in size 46 that they were advertising but they got back to me saying it was out of stock. I might try and see if there is anything els3 they can get from the Samurai website. 

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic