SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Random announcement: My family & I are relocating to France for a year (on the Eastern side of Paris, in Val-de-Marne, where I'm from). The not so fun part is that I need to deal with the estate of my parents. The good part is that my son will have the experience to live in the house I grew up in and go to the same school I went to. Hopefully, he'll come out of it fully bilingual.

16 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

i hope a year is enough, my daughter still cant speak Chinese after 13 years 

He's already fluent (I'm French and he goes to a bilingual school). This year should be enough to push him into fully bilingual I think.

keeping the rise from being too high is a good idea... i personally have always preferred straight-tapered fits as they do seem to be the most versatile (IH 633, FC 1101, etc). i have found at my size (33/34) i really don’t want the front rise being much higher than about 11.5”, back rise 15.5.

likewise the thigh (for me at least) needs to be 12.5” minimum and 12.7-13 is even better, but as you know the hips and rise have a big part in that.

hemming to a 28-29” inseam the width is ideal somewhere around 8-8.2” (8.5 inches being the widest i can pull off). a big tradeoff in how much taper is lost after the hem is how much knee room will be left - in that respect id rather lose the taper than have it come in too tight at the knees.

Hello, I own a Naked and Famous Easy guy denim, it's one of the few cuts that suits me perfectly: tight at the waist with ease at the thighs.
I'm looking to move to a range above, I tried JAPAN BLUE but their Hi-Tapered cut doesn't suit me.
Do you have any models to recommend?

1 hour ago, Fox773 said:

Hello, I own a Naked and Famous Easy guy denim, it's one of the few cuts that suits me perfectly: tight at the waist with ease at the thighs.
I'm looking to move to a range above, I tried JAPAN BLUE but their Hi-Tapered cut doesn't suit me.
Do you have any models to recommend?

Try jeans finder on sites like self edge, they not exact but will give you some ideas. Enter your measurements from your own pair and they will give you suggestions.

2 hours ago, superfuture said:

fuck... that was fixed and it was working - when did it bug out again??

I cleared my cache etc. and still had trouble with an upload. So I resized it smaller and then it went just fine.

What was weird for me was that it was under 7MB to begin with though.

Hey Superfuture, here is the message I have received as recently as 1 minute ago - There was a problem uploading the files -200. I have always simply uploaded photos from my Ipad Pro library with no problems until this error message began to appear.Thanks for looking into it.

is this -200 error gonna be fixed?!

I’ve tried uploading pics for quite some time now. Downloaded the imgur ap but that doesn’t seem to help. At least if you’re on your phone. I see that a lot of you guys still post photos. Will it help to get on the computer? 

@superfuture

Edited by Spiraltoy

13 hours ago, Broark said:

I’ve seen them and wondered the same thing. Would be curious to see more photos and hear peoples thoughts on them. 

Yeah not many photos around... here are a couple...

BTW uploaded them from a laptop

Old Hands.PNG

Old Hands 2.PNG

Edited by MJF9

now that im working again, i have funds to buy japanese denim. It has been...maybe 8-9 years since ive been here?

do people still use proxy anymore?

or is denimio.com and oyaka denim the best place to buy japanese denim for US customers? 

Any recommendations for denim under $200?

Those are pretty wide for sure, would look nice with the proper inseam length. Hope you get a pair and share your thoughts with us, I’d like a pair myself but I’ve got my eye on a couple other things right now. Plus I just got the Freewheelers 1943’s in yesterday. 

I'll probably hang fire for now and place on the potential list. I really do need to wear what I've got!

These are on the list with At Last & Co 147 (where can I find a pair without going to Japan or VMC Zurich??) and Bowery Blue Makers (to name but two!).

Interested in fit pics on your FW 1943s @Broark.

Edited by MJF9

Bowery Blue Makers has my attention as well, would be really cool to go to NYC and have a fitting appointment.
I wish At Last & Co were more accessible, so hard to find.
Working on the 43 pictures now, fit pics to come. Trying not to cheat on the GBG001 contest jeans. :D

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic