SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

7 hours ago, JDelage said:

Bob Dong also makes a great, super heavyweight, 55. 

I am not familiar with Bob Dongs denim but it appears to have a decent pricepoint. Is the quality good? They might make good pants for onsite inspections.

Is the ‘55 a button fly?

Edited by Pedro

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

I am not familiar with Bon Dongs denim but it appears to have a decent pricepoint. Is the quality good? They might make good pants for onsite inspections.

Is the ‘55 a button fly?

It's a Chinese brand, but the quality is very good. Yes, it's button fly. The model is 608H I believe. On mine (size 34), waist is 36, front rise 12, back rise 16.5, thigh 13, and knee 9.25.

27 minutes ago, JDelage said:

It's a Chinese brand, but the quality is very good. Yes, it's button fly. The model is 608H I believe. On mine (size 34), waist is 36, front rise 12, back rise 16.5, thigh 13, and knee 9.25.

Very helpful measurements. If they don't shrink then I would need a 34W because those hand measurements are more like a 36W in SC.

Edited by Pedro

Any of you guys used Marrkt

The service and shipping is decent but their pricing is all over the place!

I bought a RM Featherbed down vest , with leather yolk in superb condition for a 150 quid. Retails for 350 upwards..... 

They have 3sixteen and Cabourn shirts, pre owned listed for the price you pay new in store! :ph34r:

To sell for you they charge 40% of the selling price...... 

I listed a momo shirt there a year ago and it's still not sold. 

I check it quite often but like I said the pricing makes no sense at all. 

I get their emails and they have some nice stuff listed, but like you said their prices make zero sense.
Lots of stuff that's essentially priced as new with visible wear on it. Don't know how it's profitable at all.

Edited by Broark

If you want to see absurd pricing (considering the current second hand market), have a look at this official IHUK sales thread...

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12907.0

175 $ + shipping for a worn pair of SugarCane 1947? You can get a new pair for 199 $ shipped from Self Edge

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

19 hours ago, Geeman said:

Any of you guys used Marrkt

The service and shipping is decent but their pricing is all over the place!

I bought a RM Featherbed down vest , with leather yolk in superb condition for a 150 quid. Retails for 350 upwards..... 

They have 3sixteen and Cabourn shirts, pre owned listed for the price you pay new in store! :ph34r:

To sell for you they charge 40% of the selling price...... 

I listed a momo shirt there a year ago and it's still not sold. 

I check it quite often but like I said the pricing makes no sense at all. 

Geeman,

I'm pretty sure it's the guys behind Superdenim and Real McCoy's London and I agree the pricing is bizarre. Love the idea that they're helping to resell clothing they originally sold for comission. Genius of sorts!? 

Does anyone know or have experience of red hoodies from any of the usual suspects fade over time?

i love red hoodies when they reach this stage.

1 hour ago, ecsong187 said:

Looking for good quality hemp blank tees 

preferably vintage cut 

Tough to hold dye on 100% hemp.

Have you much experience with the fiber?

Check Canadian vendors. They harvest it up there.

22 minutes ago, lance said:

Does anyone have info on slowboat deadstock? They make a cool pair of double knee utility pants. Can’t seem to find their site, only photos of their items. Thanks

Double knee?

I’m interested.

Denim?

Utility or Dungaree style?

@lance

Great!

I like the double knee running up as high as it does. Sometimes that extra fabric is cut too low on the thigh and then the single fabric above it is a weak spot and wears and rips.

Only thing about these is they look like sort of a low rise.

1 hour ago, lance said:

Does anyone have info on slowboat deadstock? They make a cool pair of double knee utility pants. Can’t seem to find their site, only photos of their items. Thanks

If you’re looking for some double knee work pants try grease point, looks like they’re on back order until September though. 

http://www.greasepointworkwear.com/shop/grease-point-work-jean-14-oz-tan-denimat457-en3gn-beapb

Edited by xEMBx

Anyone here from Malmö? I was going to get a pair of Warehouse lot 1082 chinos from Le Shop Sage this week but it seems they’ve gone bankrupt :(

They’re having a final sale but only in store it looks like. If anyone is going there and could proxy me the pants (I’m in Denmark) that would be awesome.

Anyone with experience of the DC4 hemming service? Going to Berlin in a couple of weeks and thinking of bringing a pair that needs shortening. If there’re any better places in Berlin, please tell me!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic