SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

8 hours ago, lance said:

Is it possible to quote just 1 photo in a post of numerous photos rather than repeating the entire post?

Usually you should be able to quote a post and delete everything you don't want to copy again, leaving just the part you wanna quote.

My quote of your post doesn't say Thanks anymore, see? :)

Even easier is to just high lite what you want to quote and a “quote selection” will appear. Like this:

27067CE3-B3B6-428C-8ECB-0D61505CD75F.jpeg

Tap that, and a presto.

Edited by Spiraltoy

10 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

this is good, as it makes the original content annoying seeing it for most of the page being quoted 3 times 

Except sometimes it is difficult to know who is responding to who if you do not follow the thread every day.  

For people like me who check in every week or two then it is very helpful to have the beginning of a post or a photo quoted.

As I mentioned to someone else a few weeks ago. The "annoyance" you are describing falls under the heading "First World Problem".  Lol

Keep it chilled Dude  :happy:

Edited by Pedro

@Pedro  I'm very chilled don't worry about that. I just don't feel the need to see the same photo 4 times because certain people cant be bothered to edit the quotes which is making unnecessary pages in thread's. :ph34r:

my interpretation of what lance said was that instead of people re quoting the same 5 photos again, could we not make it mandatory and limit it to one?  

Edited by chambo2008

Thanks for the informative posts and suggestions guys, very helpful! Have to agree with chambo2008; seeing multiple full quotes or a quote repeating the entire original post within one or two posts from the original is a waste of space. 

9 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

@Pedro  I'm very chilled don't worry about that. I just don't feel the need to see the same photo 4 times because certain people cant be bothered to edit the quotes which is making unnecessary pages in thread's. :ph34r:

my interpretation of what lance said was that instead of people re quoting the same 5 photos again, could we not make it mandatory and limit it to one?  

All I said was having the beginning of a post or photo quoted is helpful. Photo being singular so maybe we are in agreement?

I don’t know if I have ever seen a forum where such a thing is mandatory though.

Edited by Pedro

On 4/24/2019 at 1:27 PM, Pedro said:

I don’t know if I have ever seen a forum where such a thing is mandatory though.

I have and it's a common problem on many forums. Its considered good forum etiquette to edit quoted posts as much as possible

27 minutes ago, mpukas said:

I have and it's a common problem on many forums. Its considered good forum etiquette to edit quoted posts as much as possible

Well I am sure that will be useful to someone and should be a sticky or in the rules but I already edit lengthy quotes. 

I belong to several professional trade forums and it is not common practice. Perhaps its a fashion thing where multiple photos are more common?

Either way, I consider the issue a first world problem ;-)

Edited by Pedro

Egads.

The forum is being overrun by photos of Cats. Not denim with cats in the background, mind you, but images of Just Cats...some even allegedly under the influence of drugs. Catnip abuse? And people are stressing about an occasional lengthy quote?

For the love of God, whats next?

Will we soon see Cats dressed in denim following Julian Assange’s penchant for dressing his cat in formal wear? 

And what is with the sideline topic of someones knife collection. I am a minimalist, my single Ginsu can do everything it takes that entire collection to do AND my Ginsu can cut through aluminum cans. Can those knives do that?

How are people worried about an unedited quote when the forum is dissolving into complete chaos. 

Whats next? Someone hijacking a denim thread to display their old stamp collection from middle school days?  

Pedro

094BC019-3D39-4FFC-B066-4B7ECAA4BF9E.jpeg

6EC07F16-A11C-4ACA-8C01-22D17BCEA6D1.jpeg

Edited by Pedro

@JDelage

Not exactly blurring but there’s a paint tool in pictures. Just open a pic and click the “change” in the top right corner. Then click the three dots in a circle up top:

That’ll get you to some brushes and pens for painting on the pic or covering up faces.

08AEE914-AA12-4410-B603-90EE8B4E36E5.jpeg

On 5/5/2019 at 3:25 AM, Pedro said:

Egads.

The forum is being overrun by photos of Cats. Not denim with cats in the background, mind you, but images of Just Cats...

And what is with the sideline topic of someones knife collection. I am a minimalist, my single Ginsu can do everything it takes that entire collection to do AND my Ginsu can cut through aluminum cans. Can those knives do that?

How are people worried about an unedited quote when the forum is dissolving into complete chaos. 

I guess you're referring to some of the recent posts in the TCB contest thread. Something I’ve always enjoyed about the contest and tour threads is the insight they give into forum users lives, other interests, trips, etc and I personally welcome these little digressions. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I for one don’t mind. 

Peace. 

5 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

@JDelage

Not exactly blurring but there’s a paint tool in pictures. Just open a pic and click the “change” in the top right corner. Then click the three dots in a circle up top:

That’ll get you to some brushes and pens for painting on the pic or covering up faces.

That's perfect, thanks.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:10 AM, unders said:

I guess you're referring to some of the recent posts in the TCB contest thread. Something I’ve always enjoyed about the contest and tour threads is the insight they give into forum users lives, other interests, trips, etc and I personally welcome these little digressions. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I for one don’t mind. 

Peace. 

Quotes, Cats, Knives, Stamp Collections...its all good to me. 

Edited by Pedro

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a pair of high rise denim.  Love my Iron Heart 1955 but I want something lighter for the summer.  Roy's R01 would be perfect.  Tried the 888 OD 14oz but they are too much of a slim fit even with a waist that is a tad bit big.  Considering Warehouse(dont know too much about them and its hard to hunt down a size chart), LVC '55 cut.  I really just wanted to ask where else I can find a high rise denim with a thigh that will fit me.  Seeking a true waist in the 33-34 range after stretch with a thigh that is at least 12.7.   Any help would be great.

Thanks for the input. I would love a pair of the TCB or Warehouse, just not sure the rise will be high enough for me.  After looking intently, I saw a pair of 32 TCB50 with a FR/BR of 11in/15in, which wont work for me. Not sure how accurate they are.   I would love a pair of sugar canes, just not sure the thigh would work for me at the waist size I prefer.  I wish more folks made a true '55 cut(my personal favorite).

Should, I think about branching out and seeking a different earlier cut? Or, are their other makers with high rises that I am not aware of.

8 hours ago, radfad2000 said:

I would love a pair of sugar canes, just not sure the thigh would work for me at the waist size I prefer.  I wish more folks made a true '55 cut(my personal favorite).

I have found the thighs on my SC Okinawa are quite large but they aren’t a ‘55 cut. 

I am real happy with the Lot 303 and they have close to a ‘55 cut IMO and Pants Shop Avenue might have your size. Also the Lot 304 (). Naoki is very quick about hand measurements.

http://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/SC40304/?mode=pc

measurements found at this site:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bears/item/sugarcane-sc40304/

Edited by Pedro

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic