SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Edwin Overworks!

A couple of years ago I bought a pair of Edvin Overworks. I remember a clip that was doing the rounds at the time showing a European designer at Edwin. He was shown at a place in France(if I remember correctly) driving a mc and talking about denim. I've searched but not found the clip. Anybody remember the clip and can help me?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mpukas said:

Are there any JP brands that make good quality toe socks, that are not just novelty? 

I’ve got the UES toe socks and they’re excellent bar the fact that as they have no stretch so getting the toes in in the morning is a bit of a hustle. Also, the fabric between the toes means I can wear quite a few of my shoes as the toe part of the foot is much broader.

Edited by Spiraltoy
More info and musings.

Jonathan of Bandanna Almanac fame used to proxy the Kapital catalogues to me and I really enjoyed them. He hasn’t for a few years now and I just finished looking at the 2016 Fall/Winter catalogue again. My question (finally), does Kapital still offer their signature incredible seasonal catalogue and if so, how do you guys get a copy?  Thanks

quick internet search:

Das Freihandelsabkommen beseitigt nicht sämtliche Zölle zwischen Deutschland und Japan. Medienberichten zufolge werden die Zölle stufenweise reduziert, so dass Japan z.B. zollfrei (oder zoll-ermäßigt) japanische Autos nach Deutschland importieren darf und Deutschland im Gegenzug Lebensmittel nach Japan exportieren darf.

Das Freihandelsabkommen wirkt sich außerdem nur auf den Zoll aus (der bei > 150 € Warenwert fällig wird) und nicht auf die 19% Einfuhrumsatzsteuer. Letztere wird immer berechnet.

not all tariffs (applicable from EUR150) are removed equally and immediately - import duties (19%) apply, no matter what.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:48 AM, chambo2008 said:

When jeans fit good everywhere apart from the waist, is it acceptable to not do the top bottom up and just wear a belt to hide it? Seems a shame as they are half faded to a good point 

i do this with half my jeans (they did fit, eight years ago :P). on one of them, top two buttons off. :D

I searched for a thread about "Unbranded Brand" denim, but was unable to find one. 

I just received my first pair of heavy denim. 21oz UB221. I never realized how much different they would be than my 12-14oz selvedges. 

I can get them on with just a little struggle, but the buttons are super tight fitting in the holes. Also since this fabric doesnt really give at all, my thighs and calves are TIGHT. 

I am hoping to learn that these will stretch out just a bit with wear. The waist is perfect but I have very strong legs from weight lifting. I might should have gone with the straight fit vs the tapered, but I didnt want the bottom hem to be as wide. 

Any insight into these would be excellent. I really wanted an Iron Heart 21oz pair - but for almost triple the price, I just couldn't justify it. 

All denim will stretch with wear in areas that are under tension, but the thigh and calves won't stretch as much as it would in the waist. Heavier denim will obviously be harder to stretch and break in. 

It's all down to how tight is tight! If they really uncomfortable you may have to go up a size. Your first go on heavy denim is always going to be trial and error.

bought some inexpensive chainstore selvedge.  They had those adhesive strips with the size on the thigh (there is a reason you don't see these at Self Edge).  So now I have 2 pairs of jeans with noticible adhesive residue strips.  How do I ditch the marks without laundering?

I would use lighter fluid on a rag to remove that residue. It would weaken the adhesive bonds quickly and it evaporates quickly with no need for laundering after.

A product like Goop will require laundering because it is not as volatile and does not evaporate quickly. 

Soaps are going to require more aggressive friction which will increase likelihood of releasing indigo dye.

EDIT:

I don’t know how much adhesive is on there but you might place one hand inside of the pants and push outward at the location. Maybe using a razer blade perpendicular to the fabric and lightly scraping across can remove some of the adhesive. Continue to keep your hand behind the spot and push outward as you dab with the cloth. You want to use something like a white cotton t-shirt rag. If you use a colored rag you will risk transfering the color and if you use a nylon or polyester rag then the lighter fluid will disolve and melt it.

Edited by Pedro

I'm okay with everything about the selling interface, but the pricing's not great for two reasons: 1) their commission is higher than average and 2) the average Grailed buyer seems to expect high discounts / a lot of bargaining. If you're fine with going back-and-forth on prices and you don't mind the commission, then yeah, the overall experience is pretty smooth.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic