SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

6 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

How exactly does UK shoe sizing compare to US sizing? Ive found 2 different answers and now I am really not sure which is true. I am a US size 8

US is half to one full size bigger than UK depending on the brand

On 12/5/2018 at 1:05 PM, MasonAlexander said:

How exactly does UK shoe sizing compare to US sizing? Ive found 2 different answers and now I am really not sure which is true. I am a US size 8

US is one size (digit) up from UK

Eg, US10 = UK9

This is standard in most if not all big brand footwear (Nike, Vans etc).

On 12/4/2018 at 9:49 PM, piece keeper said:

Can anyone recommend a denim brand that has a "phone pocket"? Something like this (doesn't necessarily have to be the same location): 

Reveal hidden contents

B8D257E6-30D0-42C2-93B3-5DDD5EDF25CA.jpeg

In doing a search all I found was people talking about phone fades in their pockets :/

Thanks in advance!

http://www.greasepointworkwear.com/shop/

I want to start using natural dyes. I have bought some Indigo and Kakibishu and plan to make others with vegetables. 

When it comes to overdying does anyone know how the Kakishibu would work? I know it is used to coat century denim often, but I kind of want to try coating some old, slightly faded indigo jeans. 

Also any other natural dying projects that would work with a denim/workwear aesthetic? 

3 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Any recommendations for good quality slimmish-fit button-down shirts? I haven’t had one in years.

I like Norse Projects for these kinds of shirts and Universal Works. Not you usual Superdenim wears, but well made and decent materials. 

What are some quality sneaker brands for people with really wide feet? I am giving up on 70's Chucks, just can't make them work in any size. I have two new pairs in size 43 and 44 each. Vans always worked great but l'm really after the cap toe look of Chucks.

I did order a pair of Common Projects Tournament cap toes and they fit great. Unfortunately, they don't seem to produce this model anymore so other colors/sizes are impossible to find.

common-projects-tournament-high-cap-toe-in-leather-5168-7547-black.jpg

PF Flyers made in USA? I cant wear Cons - much too narrow. I've tried on PF and they could almost work for me sized up 1/2 - 1. Plus the GF says she loves them, she thinks they are much better looking than Cons

Where to Bay Area folks like to go to have their jeans hemmed? In particular, is there a strong preference between Standard & Strange and SESF? (Are there other viable options that I'm not aware of?) I seem to remember a page worth of comparison photos getting posted a bit ago, maybe in Denim Blunders, but couldn't find them after a quick search.

Never had a pair of jeans hemmed after purchase before, but the 39"+ inseam on these old Cane's has got me thinking it's probably time…

On 12/18/2018 at 5:25 PM, JDelage said:

Are there selvedge denim climbing pants, presumably with a gusset crotch?

You could prolly climb in these, they have a crotch gusset, but I don't think they're selvedge... 

On 17/12/2018 at 1:36 AM, i_denim said:

What are some quality sneaker brands for people with really wide feet? I am giving up on 70's Chucks, just can't make them work in any size. I have two new pairs in size 43 and 44 each. Vans always worked great but l'm really after the cap toe look of Chucks.

I did order a pair of Common Projects Tournament cap toes and they fit great. Unfortunately, they don't seem to produce this model anymore so other colors/sizes are impossible to find.

Another vote for PF Flyers.

I don't know how you fitted into a pair of Common Projects if you have wide feet, they're a D width at best.

Edited by bod

On 12/21/2018 at 7:24 PM, bod said:

Another vote for PF Flyers.

I don't know how you fitted into a pair of Common Projects if you have wide feet, they're a D width at best.

You are correct. The commonly purchased Achilles are narrow/slim. Common Projects Tournaments are wider. I got the Tournaments. They also do a 'BBall' which is inspired by Nike AF1 so real wide.

Edited by i_denim

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic