SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

54 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

I'm sure you can figure out the answer to this yourself....?

I mean more of a unsightly gathering of fabric inwards near the crotch area.

Doesn't seem to happen with my other jeans but with my new Momotaro 1005SP.

I know fit is subjective, but could this be a due to a tight weave and higher rise.

Ps: overall the jeans fit great other than mentioned.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:27 AM, i_denim said:

How’s the quality on the current 501 STFs? Are some still made with Selvedge and in the U.S.?

I've been wondering if Levi's is gonna do non-LVC selvedge since Cone closed. I recently copped a non-selvedge pair. They are pretty good for what they are. Denim is close to a selvedge pair I copped at the same time. Stitching and details don't quite have the same level. Still very good jeans for the price.

continued here

22 hours ago, : ) said:

I mean more of a unsightly gathering of fabric inwards near the crotch area.

Doesn't seem to happen with my other jeans but with my new Momotaro 1005SP.

I know fit is subjective, but could this be a due to a tight weave and higher rise.

Ps: overall the jeans fit great other than mentioned.

If this happens, then these jeans don't 'fit' you. 

Simple as that really. Sure you can make it work, but if I looked in the mirror and saw what you're describing I would call that a bad fit on me. 

Question regarding older retro inspired cuts ("waist overalls") meant to be worn with suspenders. I have seen some with buttons on the waist, which is self explanatory. However, I have also seen some with loops sewn inside the waist band. How do those work? How do you attach the suspenders on those?

It looks like the supermarket is closed -- was this recent?

What is the recommended way to sell pre-owned jeans here on sufu?  Is it OK to post for-sale items in manufacturer sub-forums (e.g., Warehouse, Samurai)?

Thanks, John

42 minutes ago, Geeman said:

It's OK to declare you're selling and provide a link to the post or site but don't list the items individually in the respective threads. 

Geeman, until I can get supermarket to work for me, I can't really post them there.  Is it wrong, for example, to say that I have a Samurai 510 or Fullcount 1108 in size 36 or is that too detailed?

How do you like to rotate your pairs? Right now I have put away all the pairs that have seen enough use to look ... well ... used. I'm only wearing new-looking pairs, rotating them each day unless I want to wear a specific top that doesn't fit the pair which turn is upcoming. I'm keeping 1 or 2 pairs new (the latest Roy and a pair of Stevenson 747), in case a contest comes up...

No real pattern for me, wear a pair couple times then rotate unless shoes/top dictates. 

Only wearing new pairs at the moment, selling or have sold off most old pairs. Got my PBJ waiting to go back in the mix when I've shed a little more weight.

23 hours ago, JDelage said:

Why is there so little indigo-dyed wool, in particular rope dyed? Maybe @rodeo bill would have some input...

I think because indigo works better with cellulose fibers whereas wool is protein. There may be chemicals or incorrect pH levels in a indigo vat that would be damaging to wool.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic