SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

^Best mistake I made in some time was impulse buying a MF skivvy a couple years ago. Now that my previous, cheaper tees need replacing I'm facing the dilemma of ponying up for more skivvies or trying something like Lady White. Buying them directly from MF in two-packs gives you a modest discount, but they're still $68 per shirt with shipping.  

Speaking as a crossfit/olympic weighlifting lifter, Trophy denim seems very good for a lifter fit. My 1608bk does fine for me.  The other styles are wider in the thigh except the slim styles of course.

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

^ & ^^: Aren't all of Ues's jeans ultra-low-rise? I've always stayed away from them for this reason, but if it's not the case, maybe I should be reconsidering…

The UES 400T is not low rise. it's a good medium rise in my book. Rivet&Hide should have some reliable measurements on their HP

Good to know—thanks. To me, a pre-soak 10.5" front rise for a 33" waist looks like it ought to fall well into the category of low-rise, but since you've tried them in person I'll certainly take your word for it over the numbers'. It's frustrating how much more there is to a cut than the few specific measurements that get posted.

Thanks for the offer, but no need. I trust R&H's size charts, and I trust your testimony that they fit like mid-rise jeans. I think this must just be one of those cases of the charts not telling the full story ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by julian-wolf

On 8/11/2018 at 7:08 AM, julian-wolf said:

Whoa, that actually differs by quite a bit from what I'd expect based on R&H's charts…they list a 15.25" rear rise pre-shrink. Your numbers seem a lot more reasonable.

My 400T size 33 are at 10.8" front rise and 14.5" back rise after a couple years. To me they feel more like a higher rise because of the roomy hips...they don't pull at the hips. 

On 17.8.2018 at 7:27 PM, : ) said:

Hey folks, is it possible to replace a wool cuff on a n1 jacket if it has a hole and have it look exactly the same as original?

Can you darn the holes on the cuff like a pair of jeans?

Thanks

Indigoproof once replaced the cuffs on such a jacket and it came out great, must be a few years ago, I think, but it's definitely possible.

Anyways, do any of you know of unsanforized black-overdyed indigo jeans? Preferably in a 60s cut or something similar.
Or has one of you overdyed your denim black or something similar?
I know about the od versions of Ironheart, but 21oz is too heavy for me atm and only the 634-cut suits my thighs.

Thank you very much! :)

Here's a potentially crazy question! Does anybody make custom rayon back pocket tabs that you (or a tailor) could affix to your jeans? Of course we know that because of the Levi's lawsuit, denim makers aren't allowed to feature the tab, but there's nothing stopping the end user from doing this on their own.

I’m looking for suggestions of indigo vests, preferably not plain denim, preferably not Western...  I’m intrigued by the IH dble indigo work vest but they don’t have it in my side anymore.

Guys help me out. I was big in to this forum and denim in college back in like 2007-2010. Forgot my old account and had to create a new one. Used to wear a lot of Flat Head and Samurai. 

I’m old and fat now and want to pick up a pair or two of jeans. The measured waist on my favorite pants are about 38-40.” I tend to like to stay on the bigger size for comfort and because I CCW. 

I’m 6’2” and want something I can wear to work with polos. So something clean looking. I want a nice straight fit. Nothing too skinny. But not a baggy, high rise fit either. Also, no super slubby denim or anything. 

So what are your suggestions? I love Selfedge and used to shop in person at Blue in Green. Not in NY anymore so that’s not an option. 

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic