SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

On 6/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, qodryrinaldi said:

Hello, does anyone know Iron Heart store in Tokyo??

Look it up on google maps. It's a bit far out of the city, I didn't want to go that far, but it could be interesting. I went by Evisu but they were painting the back of the jeans or some shit with paint and marking them up, and it was way too expensive for the price. I think Japan Blue was really good, lots of selection, but Momotaro was a bit lacking, it didn't have their full line.

All Japanese stores will hem your jeans for free, if you want that. I like the stacks but the hemmed look is popular in Japan and looks really clean.

Edited by brainmonster

Is there a thread on wallets here somewhere? Looking for a slim leather card wallet to hold a few cards and keep it in the front pocket for some sick fades. Something like this but from one of the raw denim brands maybe https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T3IV8OM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

What are folks' favorite proxy services for buying from, e.g., Yahoo Auctions? I've used Buyee twice, and their service is good overall, but they make very little effort to minimize volume when consolidating packages, which I think may add to the international shipping cost considerably. I'd be interested in knowing of any good alternatives, particularly those with efficient consolidation services.

Better than answering my question, that answers the question that I should've been asking but didn't even think to! Thanks. I guess the USPS's strictish sizing regulation has made me paranoid.

I used Celga in the past when I was into buying sneakers from Japan.  Celga is still in business I believe but I haven't used them in years.

I use good ol Rakuten even though I get emails from Gokkyon(sp) about using their proxy service.  Almost every store is shipping overseas without a proxy right now....except Lahiana.

@longshanksBlue Owl Workshop has PBJ, Momotaro, etc.  Also drop by that big ass Starbucks (it's where it started btw).  I want to try their sushi burritos!

https://hypebeast.com/2014/12/a-look-inside-the-worlds-largest-starbucks

https://hypebeast.com/2018/2/stabucks-opens-first-reserve-store

Edited by mlwdp

The largest Starbucks is where the corporate HQ is. It's very nice, and very expensive. The original Starbucks is normal sized and is in the Pike Place Market.

@longshanks- It depends what your interest & budget are. There are good cheap places and good expensive places...

12 hours ago, mlwdp said:

@JDelageI'm fine with a good hole in the wall local coffee shop!  

Check out Jack's BBQ in SoDo - probably one of the best value food in Seattle and a top rated Texas-style (no sauce) BBQ. Plenty of good Vietnamese pho places too.

I'm wondering too.  It's not looking good as about 155 I believe are dead.  Been seeing some flood videos and posts on Instagram.

Check out this instructional Instagram post from Hiroshima Choppers.  

IMG_3090.PNG

IMG_3091.PNG

IMG_3092.PNG

IMG_3093.PNG

On 7/9/2018 at 12:22 AM, JDelage said:

Check out Jack's BBQ in SoDo - probably one of the best value food in Seattle and a top rated Texas-style (no sauce) BBQ. Plenty of good Vietnamese pho places too.

Unfortunately didn't make it down there, spent most of the time in Ballard and Fremont, being from Austin I'm always a little hesitant to try any Texas BBQ when I'm out of state anyway... Managed to eat plenty of good food and drink plenty of beer though and had a pretty great time, and the weather was fantastic!

What brands offer the 'low tension' denim other than Oni? I am returning the pair of Oni as the rise is non-existent for my preference. I know PBJ denim is also low tension and stretches a lot. What else can I look at? I am after denim that is 100% cotton but feels like you're wearing stretch denim. I feel that way in my pair of PBJ 019. 

On 7/11/2018 at 7:08 AM, i_denim said:

What brands offer the 'low tension' denim other than Oni? I am returning the pair of Oni as the rise is non-existent for my preference. I know PBJ denim is also low tension and stretches a lot. What else can I look at? I am after denim that is 100% cotton but feels like you're wearing stretch denim. I feel that way in my pair of PBJ 019. 

strike gold

On 2018-07-10 at 12:43 AM, nycsurfer530 said:

Any word on how people are doing in Okayama? Just read the news- apparently deadly flooding and landslides all over with over 100 dead 

I talked with Inoue a couple of days ago and Kojima where alot of brands are located is safe and sound.

• 2 weeks later...

What ballpoint pens do folks enjoy?

Background: For the last few years I haven't written much by hand, and recently I've been getting back into it, mostly taking notes during meetings / colloquia / whatever else. I used to really enjoy fountain pens, but these days I honestly don't see myself putting in the time to keep them cleaned and whatnot, so I'm leaning towards the lower-effort ballpoint. I've been using Pilot G2 0.7mm for the last few months, and they're okay, but they don't last super well and the grip is a little thinner than I'd like. Are there good options for well-made, refillable ballpoint pens?

I should probably go ask on some or other pen forum, but you all haven't failed me yet, and I figure pens and pants aren't all too different in the end…

49 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

What ballpoint pens do folks enjoy?

Background: For the last few years I haven't written much by hand, and recently I've been getting back into it, mostly taking notes during meetings / colloquia / whatever else. I used to really enjoy fountain pens, but these days I honestly don't see myself putting in the time to keep them cleaned and whatnot, so I'm leaning towards the lower-effort ballpoint. I've been using Pilot G2 0.7mm for the last few months, and they're okay, but they don't last super well and the grip is a little thinner than I'd like. Are there good options for well-made, refillable ballpoint pens?

I should probably go ask on some or other pen forum, but you all haven't failed me yet, and I figure pens and pants aren't all too different in the end…

I have a Mont Blanc store down the road from me.   They make some interesting pens, had a boss that used them.  Expensive at times but good quality.

I use whatever they have in the stationery cupboard at work! Beyond that I have a Fisher Space pen and a small stainless steel Inoxchrom ballpoint (from Spain) which has lived in the loop of my Filofax for the last 30 years. I bought my first refill for it last year.

On 02/08/2018 at 6:54 PM, mlwdp said:

Has anybody here recently received that email from Rakuten that says it can order from any JP site now, including ones that don't ship overseas?  

That's interesting, so acting as a proxy? I want to buy a shirt from FC but they won't ship overseas and have directed me to SOAS who are getting it end of the month. So that adds about 100 quid to the price.....

Which leads me to another point, why so many Japanese stores won't ship to the UK? For example  I have spent a fair bit of time in the loopwheeler store, Converse with them  thru social media, bought 5 or so items from them and they also know my son quite well.. however they won't accept me paying by card or PayPal and shipping to me even when I know the exact model and size. 

How many retailer's turn down sales!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic