SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I find hanging knits and some sweats distorts the shoulders. Although if you hang them fully dried on a thick wooden hanger that's wide enough to fill the shoulders properly and they not squeezed into a wardrobe it can be minimal if it all.

I fold mine personally 

For all your NYC folks, I will be heading there for a day trip this weekend. Any places (other than Self Edge) I should hit up? Vintage stores? I dig Americana/Heritage style. If anyone has other recommendations for coffee, booze, food, or music stores as well it would be appreciated :) 

On 5/9/2018 at 11:41 AM, julian-wolf said:

I agree that distinct phone and wallet fades look silly, but I'm not willing to inconvenience myself on a daily basis for the sake of a pair of pants. If I'm wearing a jacket, my things go there. If not, pants pockets it is.

completely agree. Never understood any attraction for phone and wallet fades.  Only time it looks good if its a skoal can imprint on a pair of wranglers or MIUSA Levis, and you are actually a working rancher/cowboy....other than that...tacky 

1 hour ago, cottonskinblues said:

For all your NYC folks, I will be heading there for a day trip this weekend. Any places (other than Self Edge) I should hit up? Vintage stores? I dig Americana/Heritage style. If anyone has other recommendations for coffee, booze, food, or music stores as well it would be appreciated :) 

Blue in green Soho, RRL on west Broadway, I hear wooden sleepers is a pretty awesome place too

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Geeman... I've got 5 Merz B tops - 2 army tees, 1 LS tee (model 212), 2 LS Henleys model 206 I believe. The army t-shirts are from a few years back and I don't recall any shrinkage in width though there might have been a little in length but with no issue as, if there was, the raw sizing accounted for it. Only washed 1 Henley - cold and at 30 - and didn't notice any significant shrinkage - still plenty long enough. These buys have been great - washed really well, kept the shape really well and a nice fit. The t-shirts are size 7 and the Henleys at 6 - all fit well - my point being I can move a size and get a slightly different fit that still works. Depending on the fabric and model you're getting they mention on some there is shrinkage but they make them long to cater for it.

The outlier is the LS t-shirt (212) - that lost a lot of length and shape despite a similar washing regime. I got this direct from Merz in Germany. The service wasn't great either which might be an exception though. This didn't stop me buying Merz again as the t-shirts were really good.

Not sure if that helps. I suppose it depends what you're buying. As you'll know there are plenty of places selling Merz so you can cross-check measurements. Good luck!

The t-shirts are a 7. The Henleys a 6 as I wanted them more fitted. I tend to go from the measurements and the fit I want when I get something new. But yeah L / XL is right for me.

What have you got your eye on?

If there's enough info on the fabric floating around for me to get a good guess at shrinkage, I prefer to hem before washing. There's plenty of good evidence to the contrary, but I still have the voodoo belief that this'll somehow help with getting nice roping. I err on the side of too long, so worse comes to worst I end up having to cuff a bit, which I don't usually mind.

Major shrinkage ! I keep reading about it but find little on intentionally doing it .

how would be the best way to approach it and how many sizes down can be achieved ?

On 06/06/2018 at 7:48 PM, qodryrinaldi said:

Hello, does anyone know Iron Heart store in Tokyo??

Are you asking for stockists of IH in tokyo or for an IH official store?

20 hours ago, kicks79 said:

It depends on the denim and brand, whether is sanforised or not. You need to list some examples to get a definitive answer.

Well ok then , two years ago I ordered some wasab denim jeans from " The circle brand " was advised on a size and while I got dicked around waiting for said special order I lost weight and for some unfathanable reason the size I was sent is exesivly large so after corraspondance with maker about size problem and build issues I sent them back only to get the same pair back again so now I'm done trying to get my size , Iv two choices selling them on and copping a loss or a successful shrink .

1 hour ago, splash pitman said:

Well ok then , two years ago I ordered some wasab denim jeans from " The circle brand " was advised on a size and while I got dicked around waiting for said special order I lost weight and for some unfathanable reason the size I was sent is exesivly large so after corraspondance with maker about size problem and build issues I sent them back only to get the same pair back again so now I'm done trying to get my size , Iv two choices selling them on and copping a loss or a successful shrink .

Googled “the circle brand” and only found “circle a brand”, is this the one you have dealt with? Have you contacted the maker asking if the denim is unsanforized or not? If it’s sanforized it won’t shrink much. If it is unsanforized stick with @kicks79 suggestion.

Sorry you are right it is circle a brand and the material is unsanforised .

so Would it be more beneficial to boil jeans over just a hot wash . I don't have a drier so I'll have to spend an afternoon at the laundrymatt with a fist full of dollars .

cheers and thanks for the advice . 

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic