SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Ah, that'd explain it

I know I've seen them mentioned before, but I don't remember ever seeing them on his website or on denimio, so high-hemmed pants seems like a very plausible description

Those who have a jacket make of cotton duck fabric, how long did it take to lose the uber-stiffness and loosen up a bit (or did it ever do so?)

I just got a 3 Sixteen hunting jacket and love it but its so fucking stiff I feel like Im wearing that lead bib they make you wear when getting an X-Ray at the dentist.  

@garden gnomes in space I've had a practically-bulletproof SDA unlined 19oz. duck jacket for the last 2 years that still has tons of stiffness to it. Unless I start actually doing more robust work around the house in it, I suspect it will stay that way for another couple years at least. It's the one piece I own that reminds me how buying heavy duty repro workwear can get a little silly if you're not actually doing any heavy duty work.   

I’ve asked before but thought I might try again; are there any of the better Japanese brands out there making unsanforized denim jackets with hand pockets? I know oni has been doing a few type 2’s with hand pockets, but I’d prefer a less boxy cut I think. Why is it that even the not-so-repro brands insist on no hand pockets?

Does anyone here have experience with Graph Zero / Heart Made Base? They've come up recently when searching around for info on Nihon Menpu's in-house brand, and some of their products and collaborations seem really great. These, in particular, have piqued my interest: http://graph-zero.com/?pid=112582973

Any further info or anecdotes would be greatly appreciated. Gonna x-post this to the Unknown Japanese Brands thread for greater visibility.

edit: If their descriptions are to be trusted, it also seems that they might have done a recent collaboration with CSF? It doesn't really look like it's done in the usual CSF style, but… http://graph-zero.com/?pid=57035369

Edited by julian-wolf

For all those who own loopwheel sweaters or sweaters in general, I need some laundry drying tips.

After hang drying one of my wtaps loopwheel hoodies the sweater got really warped around the shoulder and chest area because of the delicate/heavy nature of the material when it was hanging. 

I bought a couple flat drying racks to lay them flat on but I feel like its taking so long to dry them. Do you guys have any tips? Do you think putting them in a dryer on low heat will damage the sweater material if i put it in a net? Maybe ill flat dry them outside on certain days?

Thanks.

Edited by HAZARDkid

Maybe some Jelado or Sugar Cane stuff. I have no idea why I've always been against wearing short sleeve button up shirts for me.  Gotta stop buying long sleeves in the summer.

Self Edge had the hank dyed natural indigo s/s shirt from Sugar Cane on pretty deep sale last I checked…

edit: Most sizes still available: http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1598

Edited by julian-wolf
add link

Depends on what price point and style you are after. If you want premium quality you can't go past Native Sons or Effector for a made in Japan frame.

Broadway and Sons are selling great aviators made by the original company that used to supply the US Air Force. 

There are plenty of options out there.

Thanks @mlwdp, Glad Hand looks cool. I had a pair of made in Japan Thom Browne’s I really liked but lost and I was thinking of trying out a different brand instead of simply replacing them with the same model.

Edited by jegr

Hi! This will be my first post. But it is important nonetheless! 

How do you guys carry your everyday stuff, like wallet, mobile phone, keys etc.?? I don't like my pretty and expensive japanese premium pants getting a phone fade!

When i commute i always have a backpack, sandqvist peter. Great bag! But for the occasions i only need what i can fit in my pockets i don't have a great alternative. What's the solution? 

Thanks for a great forum!

Edit - not a big fan of fanny packs

Edited by maharu

I agree that distinct phone and wallet fades look silly, but I'm not willing to inconvenience myself on a daily basis for the sake of a pair of pants. If I'm wearing a jacket, my things go there. If not, pants pockets it is.

For what it's worth, more often than not I'm able to avoid carrying my phone around with me, and my wallet's pretty slim.

Thanks for all replies. I agree with jacket pockets as a first choice. But more often than not I tend to want to also wanna bring the glasses case with a cloth and prescription sun glasses.

Anyone ventured the small bag/murse? What would work for a denimhead? 

Who makes some legit polo shirts? I’ve tried one a few years ago from warehouse and it shrunk a ridiculous amount and never felt very great to begin with. Looking for something other than the usual mall brands and would prefer to avoid branding/logowear. 

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic