SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I’ve used Western River. No problems. 

Edit: Scrap that sorry, I bought from Masuya. Almost used Western River fit the WR CSF jeans but they were too steep in the end. W River were super helpful though and even cool after I backed down because of the cost. 

The owner of West Ride also owns Western River. 

Edited by unders

16 hours ago, mlwdp said:

If you want a Rakuten route, Wolf Pack and Ot-emens sells Trophy.

Unfortunately, its a little bit of an older Trophy piece and Western River is the only place Ive been able to find it, after weeks of searching. But I think i'll probably just end up giving them a try, not totally worried

15 hours ago, unders said:

I’ve used Western River. No problems. 

Edit: Scrap that sorry, I bought from Masuya. Almost used Western River fit the WR CSF jeans but they were too steep in the end. W River were super helpful though and even cool after I backed down because of the cost. 

The owner of West Ride also owns Western River. 

I did not know that the owner of West Ride owned this store, thats cool. I had met that gentlemen a couple of years ago at the Born Free motorcycle show, very kind souls. Thats good news.

If I can convince the wife that I have $300 extra dollars to spend with a baby due at the end of July, "JUST ONEEEEE LAST PIECE, ITS THE LAST ONE, I SWEAR", than I'll let ya'll know how the ordering experience played out 

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it all makes sense now since @undersmentioned that.  It's cool watching the big store host some huge biker meetups on Instagram.  

Reading these posts made me go ahead and make a West Ride purchase but unfortunately it was through Masuya as well.  I haven't had the courage to buy from WR yet.

@MasonAlexanderI deleted the post by mistake, but if you try to buy Trophy,etc from Lahaina on Rakuten, they'll ship but it will need a forwarding service to complete the buy.

Just a tshirt for right now. Hiroyoshi speaks very good English and the shipping isn't too bad.  I'll go for the heavier West Ride stuff from Western River some other time.  I used their measurements for this purchase since there's is the most accurate obviously since that's their brand.

Edited by mlwdp

Has anyone had luck contacting Nihon Menpu about their in-house jeans (and / or shirts)? I sent an email more than a week ago and still haven't received a response; I'm wondering whether folks know of any other ways of getting in touch with them.

3 hours ago, CAL415 said:

Forget the 70’s headache and get lofgrens. They’re not that much more but they’ll last longer, and it’s better than giving money to the Nike empire. 

3 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

^^ This.

I like the way you guys think. Trust me, If I could get Lofgrens insted, I absolutely would.. BUT I want specifically the red hightop 70s. If I was just shopping around for a nice new shoe, Lofgrens would absolutely be the choice.

Thanks everybody for the sizing advice!

What shorts do folks here wear? With summer approaching, I'm realizing that I don't really have any that I like, and, as tempting as it is to just keep wearing jeans year-round, I'd like to have at least one pair to throw on for the hotter days.

So far, the Ues Duck Shorts have seemed most interesting to me, but I haven't spent much time searching. Interested in middle-weight fabric and a looseish fit. Pockets are a must. Would rather not spend more than ~$180.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:25 AM, julian-wolf said:

What shorts do folks here wear? With summer approaching, I'm realizing that I don't really have any that I like, and, as tempting as it is to just keep wearing jeans year-round, I'd like to have at least one pair to throw on for the hotter days.

So far, the Ues Duck Shorts have seemed most interesting to me, but I haven't spent much time searching. Interested in middle-weight fabric and a looseish fit. Pockets are a must. Would rather not spend more than ~$180.

I was intrigued by these https://www.superdenim.com/row/orslow-sateen-fatigue-shorts-army-green.html

Thanks all.

The fatigue shorts interested me too, but I've read a few accounts of them running very slim.

I'd be all for the TCB's, but I don't think those are being produced anymore? I haven't seen any mention of them in a while…

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic