SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

All - looking for *indigo* lightweight hot weather pants. Any good alternative to the MFSC Chambray Naval Chinos would be greatly appreciated. Regular straight / loose cut preferred...

1 hour ago, UkeNo said:

@mlwdp

I've use Sutocorp in the past (not for a couple of years now) and that was quite simple. 

https://www.sutocorp.com/

There are others, can't think of them...?

Yeah there's quite a small list to choose from on under the Forward Services Info on Rakuten.  I had a store respond to me yesterday that they don't ship directly to USA and for me to use the services to make a purchase for shipping purposes.

That's s fairly common response on Rakuten.

I used a proxy for exactly this resson to buy McCoys clothing via Rakuten. 

The result is a higher cost to you due to their comission but they'll arrange the purchase and shipping on your behalf. 

16 minutes ago, MasonAlexander said:

So, I just went searching for the LVC website and cant seem to find it anymore even though I am positive that I have been on it, and pretty recently

Anybody know anything about that? Or know about an LVC webpage that I dont know about?

The regular Levi's site in UK has the LVC products http://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/mens-jeans/p/335010048

So does the Levi's US site https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/1890-501-jeans/p/905010009

Stores like super denim and end clothing seem to carry LVC though. I haven't seen a separate site for LVC though.

Does anyone have any experience of the hem service at denimio? Is it ok? I have had jeans hemmed at Hinoya, UES (both in Tokyo), Nerdy by nerds (Malmö), TCB and SELA. All are fine apart from the SELA one which is horrible. Very big, wonky and the selvedge isn’t folded properly. Comparison between TCB hem job, SELA (from 2011) and an original hem on a pair of LVC ‘37s from -07.

4BAC9E05-2EB6-4412-9E15-59FE3442DAC7.jpeg

C4E87270-9434-494A-8BCD-71164D392071.jpeg

5CE242A1-C07B-4F00-BC0C-940531AAE44C.jpeg

Let's not confuse a chainstitch hem, which is possible on many sewing machines, including modern ones, with a chainstitch hem performed by a union special, which is what our preferred retailers and Japanese brands use. 

Same same, but different. 

Edited by UkeNo

4 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

Has anybody here ever ordered from the Western River online store? They have a Trophy Clothing piece that I really want, but I have never heard of the store

From a email last year:

Hi ,

Thanks for your inqy. Yes, we can ship to USA by EMS on your dime. https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html

www.post.japanpost.jp
All zones include countries and areas in Asia, Oceania, North America, Central America and the Middle East, Europe, South America and Africa.
If any question, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Akira

差出人: 
日時: 2017年3月28日 10:53:42 JST
宛先: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
件名: Do you ship to USA?

Do you ship to USA? Thank you.

On another note, some of the American stuff you can get from the US cheaper than from them like their Frisco Choppers clothing.  Western River is also the largest distributor of West Ride clothing.  They're the first ones that get the new stuff, two locations I believe.  They're a motorcycle enthusiast store with gear and clothing geared towards motorcyclists.  Real cool store with a huge following by the Japanese bikers.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic