SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hmm...Use the Rakuten.ne.jp link I posted (the first link) and either complete the purchase through that using translator or just clicking the item through the same link but don't complete the purchase and then switch over to the global Rakuten (the second link) complete the purchase through that when you look at the Recently Viewed Items list and see the same item.  Add it to th cart and complete the purchase through that.

If that doesn't work through all of that while you're still logged in, then it might be a browser error or need to re-log into your Rakuten account.  Sometimes Rakuten doesn't show Previously Viewed items in Global.

Hope this helps.  I was able to complete the purchase on my side.

12 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Got the order through finally!

Funny thing is I already own the jacket but sized wrong, when this one comes through I'll put the original one up on Grailed. 

Thanks for the info @mlwdp

Glad it worked on your end!  Sometimes I just bite the bullet and complete my order through the Rakuten.ne.jp site even though it's a pain when I'm in a hurry.  The shop usually figures it out that you're a overseas buyer when they get the order  in but they prefer you complete it through Global so it's easier for them omit the Prefecture address and long Phone Number submission.  Just gotta remember to put USA/etc as the country of address or you may get a email from them stating they can't ship until you provide exact address.  Global will translate for them automatically.

Anybody on here have experience with Ben Davis products? More specifically the shirting. 

I am not expecting it to be as well crafted as some of the other brands that we like, but it is however made in the USA and they have a  half zip workshirt shirt that I wouldnt mind having

No experience with their shirts, but they definitely get good rep for being classic MiUSA, and are about as close as you can get to the originators of what would now be "streetwear". Also pretty sure the Davis family (if not Ben himself) was somehow instrumental in the early days of Levi's?

Doesn't help to answer your question, but never a bad time for fun history facts : )

I just purchased the Oni 622Aizumi from Denimio. Raw in a size 32, which is one size down from the Oni 517xx that I've worn for the last two years. The 517xx fit a little on the large side in the waist, but great in the thighs.

What do you guys think about the 622Aizumi fit pre-soak? I'm worried that they're too big, particularly in the waist. There is about 2" of extra fabric at the moment (pre-soak) and it's also bunching around the crotch. Perhaps this cut isn't for me?

20180316_123827.jpg

20180317_091500.jpg

20180317_091418.jpg

20180317_091349.jpg

20180316_123827.jpg

Edited by Erik Wagner

32 minutes ago, i_denim said:

Did anybody here develop an obsession with the cinch? I am looking for a pair of Jeans with a Cinch that aren't too wide. LVC 1890 501 or any other good repros?

I’d say LVC 1915 rather than 1890, they are a more ‘modern’ fit (by 25 years!) and have 2 back pockets. I had a pair a few years back and really liked them, they had a reasonably slim-ish fit compared to the 40s/50s reprise I’ve worn. The 1922s (if you can still find a pair) are similar but have belt loops too.

38 minutes ago, i_denim said:

What’s wrong with the one at a Walmart?

Same thing that is wrong with the jeans at Walmart I suppose.

Id prefer to support a product I believe in, both ethically and in quality

EDIT*

sorry, that sounded very rude. Not cool

Same idea as buying an excellent quality, hand crafted tshirt or sweater. You are getting the product that you pay for. If I am going to wear $400 jeans, Id prefer to pair it with top pieces of a similar standard

Edited by MasonAlexander

On 3/21/2018 at 10:04 AM, Erik Wagner said:

I just purchased the Oni 622Aizumi from Denimio. Raw in a size 32, which is one size down from the Oni 517xx that I've worn for the last two years. The 517xx fit a little on the large side in the waist, but great in the thighs.

What do you guys think about the 622Aizumi fit pre-soak? I'm worried that they're too big, particularly in the waist. There is about 2" of extra fabric at the moment (pre-soak) and it's also bunching around the crotch. Perhaps this cut isn't for me?

20180316_123827.jpg

20180317_091500.jpg

20180317_091418.jpg

20180317_091349.jpg

20180316_123827.jpg

Erik - it looks fine. As long as you’re going for a carrot look. I used to wear this type a while ago. ERIK, one of my favourite cuts in denim by a designer at Jack and Jones. I know it’s not selvedge or raw denim. But the man created a fabulous cut.

BTW, throw them in the washer and if that don’t it; the dryer will. How do you like them?

4 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

Does anybody else happen to know of a Sufu worthy brand offering this style “singlet” shirt? I like the Merz B ones but cant seem to find a size anywhere.

I would prefer if it wasnt the thermal/waffle material, but Im willing to give those a try aswell

DC663DE7-F875-4D5B-9CAD-C8C6B51B1019.jpeg

Would this work? It's the same material you want:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pirates/item/twomoon-20173-07nat/

If not, maybe Black Sign would have something.

Hahaha. I was thinking more like a documentary about raw denim, it’s heritage, people could talk about brands, we could even get some retailers to talk.

anyway, parking the idea for now till I understand more about crowdfunding.

Samurai or Warehouse or orSlow? Wasn't looking for a new pair as just started breaking in my PBJ but some fade pics of a Samurai on another forum really killed me. Warehouse - everybody says they are the nicest jeans they've ever worn. I don't know why orslow appeals to me but it does.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic