SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Trophy Clothing might be up your alley if you want jeans with some texture.

Definitely go to Ueno though if you're not sure what you're looking for. You'll find plenty to choose from in Hinoyas stores, Americaya etc. 

5 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Definitely go to Ueno though if you're not sure what you're looking for. You'll find plenty to choose from in Hinoyas stores, Americaya etc. 

I second Trophy Clothing.  I own the 1605bk with a fit pic on here.  Awesome texture, and can't stop myself from wearing them everyday!

4 hours ago, mlwdp said:

I second Trophy Clothing.  I own the 1605bk with a fit pic on here.  Awesome texture, and can't stop myself from wearing them everyday!

10 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Thanks, Trophy Clothing looks OK but, I think the main thing is that the 1940's railroad worker/locomotive thing is just not really my style. I've got more of a 50's/80's hipster/indie rock thing going on. So Warehouse doesn't really fit my style either.

I think I'll go to Hinoya and look at their huge selection, seems like the best bet. Being able to visit all these stores in Tokyo is going ways to improve my style. I'm kinda thinking about trying to get involved with the denim guys since I can speak some Japanese ;p Would be cool to visit a factor and take pictures or something to show everyone on this forum.

Edited by brainmonster

22 minutes ago, i_denim said:

If my jeans are lose at the knee, would it take longer to get fades? I guess there are a lot of people here who wear relaxed, straight, regular fits that aren't tight?

The fades might not be so pronounced if they fit looser but that's nothing to worry about imo. Just wear and wash the jeans when they are dirty and you will get fades. It won't happen over the night. 

Post some fitpics so it's easier to see what you mean. 

Edited by tigerstrom

is the Fullcount 1101 fit close to a Samurai 710. Ideally looking for a fit that's slightly higher rise + larger thigh with the same amount of taper as the 710. Don't plan on buying anything right now just looking...

Edited by FreeCharlesManson

When do like to spring for chain stitch hemming? After initial soak ?  Or afte first wash ?   I’d like to hem a few pairs but they are not ready for wash yet. 

Or do do you go with a generic hem to get rid of some length early and then chain stitch later after yor are comfortable all shrink is out post washing 

Both a wash and a soak will give you some roping. For me it usually takes about 3-4 trips through water to get the roping settled. If you dare or know exactly how much they will shrink, hem as soon as possible. If you don’t know how much they’ll shrink and hem after all the shrink is out its not the end of the world. The roping fade usually  catches up.

Hi all, had a question for @kiya / folks in general.  

Here's my question / concern:  I have two pairs of 45rpm Sorahikos that I've worn and loved for years, and which developed holes in the knees.  Since I live in San Francisco, I took them to Self Edge for their denim repair service.  SF did a nice job with both jeans, really working over the holes with a LOT of darning. 

The problem is that the darned sections are now so 'dense' and stiff with new material that the stress and strain of wearing the jeans is now transferring awayfrom the repaired sections, and to the edges of the unrepaired denim.  That strain is evident, as the threads around the edges are starting to wear out and unravel.  If I continue wearing these repaired jeans, the threads all around the repaired bits are going to unravel, and the entire patched portions are simply going to 'fall off', leaving huge holes.

I don't think this would happen if the darned portions were more flexible, but since they're so stiff and rigid, its kind of a challenge because the whole jean doesn't really move and flex in a 'fluid' way anymore.  Is there a way to UN-darn the repaired sections, or make the darned areas a lot more flexible somehow?  As it stands, I'm scared to wear my beloved old Sorahikos because they are wearing out even faster now with the darned patches.    

Any advice would be appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Collin said:

@Geeman just received some Orslow fatigue from Reggie on rakuten (same ship I guess). It's been like another rakuten experience : Fast and reliable. Haven't been in touch with their customer service but they shipped extremely fast.

I mentioned a while back about the difference between a store's direct site and their Rakuten shop.  I think the common consensus is Rakuten will ship anything as long as the store uses it, unless the store explicitly states they won't ship certain things like Red Wing shoes, etc.

13 hours ago, Geeman said:

I can't find the same items in their Rakuten store as their own site though? 

You can add the item to your cart in their store and add it to your regular Rakuten cart when you go on Global Rakuten.  You should see the item in the past viewed items section.  As long as you're logged in already when you do the first thing, you're good. 

example

https://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/reggieshop/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/reggieshop/

The first pictures are through the rakuten.jp.gold site and the last few pictures are through the Global a Rakuten site.

Hope this makes sense as Rakuten can confusing between the two sites!

IMG_2628.PNG

IMG_2629.PNG

IMG_2630.PNG

IMG_2631.PNG

IMG_2632.PNG

IMG_2634.PNG

Edited by mlwdp

Appreciate that mate, thank you.

I'm logged in to both Reggieshop.com and Rakuten but still not seeing it in cart or recently viewed??

Can't seem to ship from their store either as I keep getting an error message about illegal post code and phonetics?Screenshot_2018-03-14-20-44-55.thumb.png.095ddcb986703b0c9788d8d517cc35f3.png

Hmm...Use the Rakuten.ne.jp link I posted (the first link) and either complete the purchase through that using translator or just clicking the item through the same link but don't complete the purchase and then switch over to the global Rakuten (the second link) complete the purchase through that when you look at the Recently Viewed Items list and see the same item.  Add it to th cart and complete the purchase through that.

If that doesn't work through all of that while you're still logged in, then it might be a browser error or need to re-log into your Rakuten account.  Sometimes Rakuten doesn't show Previously Viewed items in Global.

Hope this helps.  I was able to complete the purchase on my side.

12 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Got the order through finally!

Funny thing is I already own the jacket but sized wrong, when this one comes through I'll put the original one up on Grailed. 

Thanks for the info @mlwdp

Glad it worked on your end!  Sometimes I just bite the bullet and complete my order through the Rakuten.ne.jp site even though it's a pain when I'm in a hurry.  The shop usually figures it out that you're a overseas buyer when they get the order  in but they prefer you complete it through Global so it's easier for them omit the Prefecture address and long Phone Number submission.  Just gotta remember to put USA/etc as the country of address or you may get a email from them stating they can't ship until you provide exact address.  Global will translate for them automatically.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic