SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

13 hours ago, lance said:

Hey Spiraltoy, thanks, it does clarify somewhat.  Like you, I wonder why there are three; there must be a difference? It would be helpful to hear from a mod but likely not worth any more of our time. Knowing that all 3 are positive is helpful.

There was a post somewhere a while back stating that the new rep buttons were because of an inevitable change in the interface that sufu uses for its forum, if I remember correctly they defaulted to goofy emojis which the magical sufu guys turned into various rep options which still all equate to either positive rep or negative rep. 

@itsbenhere Volvo explains why here: 

I received a message last night at 11 PM East Coast Time on both my IPAD Pro and Windows laptop that blocked me from this site saying someone might be using it to steal personal data. Did anyone else experience this warning?

Edited by lance

Hmm are you guys on chrome? Did it say anything about a certificate expired or cannot verify identity? I saw no such thing on safari but I think when the certificate really is stale chrome makes it look much scarier. 

Hey, LQW, the message said something like “people pretending to be this site are using it to steal personal information, suggest you return to previous page” all in a large, outlined and centered box. I never did get past the message until this morning when the message no longer appeared. Maybe Broark can be more specific.

edit appeared on both Safari and Google 

Edited by lance

I've had it when logging from my phone but never had any problems. Could it just because the mobile signal bounces all over the place and they can't verify or something?

That's the height of my technical know how exhausted.

Anyone know any japanese brands that make high quality t-shirts with native american motifs?

I have a couple from Flat Head, but I haven't liked the designs from last couple of years  and they seem to have ditched native americans motifs completely

Calee.  Good luck buying the brand without a proxy.  I believe they have some deal with Rakuten and stores on Rakuten to not sell their merchandise overseas except used, like Lynch Silversmith.  Outside of Rakuten, every store I've seen carry the brand refuses to sell overseas.

Gentei was the only place in USA that sold the brand until Oliver of Cut Rate closed in shop in Maryland.

Anyway, Calee has been on my wishlist since 2008.

Edited by mlwdp

Anyone had a weird shipping experience with Okayama Denim? First time I've ordered from them, and this is the first time in my entire Japan shopping career that the package didn't get to me directly and I will probably have to pick it up at the custom office myself. Usually, even when I had custom fees, the package would at least wind up at my door and I could pay there.

1 hour ago, Frost said:

Anyone had a weird shipping experience with Okayama Denim? First time I've ordered from them, and this is the first time in my entire Japan shopping career that the package didn't get to me directly and I will probably have to pick it up at the custom office myself. Usually, even when I had custom fees, the package would at least wind up at my door and I could pay there.

You are from Germany, right? Did you always have the true value declared on the package with an accompanying invoice? That would explain why the package always went through in the past. 

For me it's normal to pick up the package at the customs office. 

And I'm not sure of Okayama Denim in general can be blamed for actions of the customs authorities. Other than having put a wrong value on the package and haven't added an invoice. 

Yeah, I'm from Germany. Packages in the past had always been declared correctly, but I also didn't ask OD to do anything to the contrary, hence why I'm confused. I know they are not necessarily to blame, just found it odd that it's the first time it happened. We'll see why when I get to pick it up at customs. 

Is there a difference of ems shipping between Rakuten jp and a shop's personal Rakuten.ne.jp store address? It seems like there's two gateways and logins/purchase styles for overseas shipping or not allowed to ship overseas through Rakuten.ne.jp address versus the Rakuten JP general link.  

Case in point:

Speedway's personal Rakuten webshop

https://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/speedway-shop/

Speedway's regular Rakuten link

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/speedway-shop/

If a shop only uses the ne.jp address, would they still be able to ship overseas due to standard Rakuten practices? 

6 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Is there a difference of ems shipping between Rakuten jp and a shop's personal Rakuten.ne.jp store address? It seems like there's two gateways and logins/purchase styles for overseas shipping or not allowed to ship overseas through Rakuten.ne.jp address versus the Rakuten JP general link.  

Case in point:

Speedway's personal Rakuten webshop

https://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/speedway-shop/

Speedway's regular Rakuten link

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/speedway-shop/

If a shop only uses the ne.jp address, would they still be able to ship overseas due to standard Rakuten practices? 

I am not sure of the answer, so I cant help you there unfortunately.

But.. rather have a question of my own. Do they have different items on the 2 stores?

So the 555 code on LVCs denoting they came from the Valencia St. factory... is that a LVC only thing? Meaning were I to find a pair of vintage looking Levi's with the 555 on the button I would be sure that they are not real vintage?

Please help with sizing between Raw and One wash. Buy true to size raw or buy true to size in one wash. Don't plan to wash.

I need waist 96 cm. Should I buy a pair of Raw in 96cm as I don't plan to wash it for 6 months and it will get better fades than one wash? Else, I can buy one wash in 96cm as it won't shrink further. I want to try Raw/Unsanforized but it isn't available in a bigger size than that.

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/pure-blue-japan-pbe-019-relaxed-tapered

Edited by i_denim
spelling

6 hours ago, LQW said:

So the 555 code on LVCs denoting they came from the Valencia St. factory... is that a LVC only thing? Meaning were I to find a pair of vintage looking Levi's with the 555 on the button I would be sure that they are not real vintage?

I am pretty sure original items were stamped with 555 in the 70s or 80s - but don't think there were many 501s, as Valencia Street was a smaller factory, and the 501 was a high-demand item. I don't recall seeing original 501 with a 555 stamp; so I think if you saw 501 with the stamp they're unlikely to be vintage. That said, the should look immediately different anyway. The buttons in particular and the stitching do look different on real vintage.

10 minutes ago, i_denim said:

Please help with sizing between Raw and One wash. Buy true to size raw or buy true to size in one wash. Don't plan to wash.

I need waist 96 cm. Should I buy a pair of Raw in 96cm as I don't plan to wash it for 6 months and it will get better fades than one wash? Else, I can buy one wash in 96cm as it won't shrink further. I want to try Raw/Unsanforized but it isn't available in a bigger size than that.

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/pure-blue-japan-pbe-019-relaxed-tapered

It's not really a great idea to wear from raw. It won't really get you better fades and it's impractical.

Have you tried raw denim before, @i_denim It's good you're researching it carefully, but don't make the mistake that there's an 'ultimate' pair of jeans and an ultimate way of washing/caring. That's really marketing speak. Going for the most expensive, funkiest jeans from an online store as one of your first pair is almost certainly a mistake. Better to go to a store near you and make sure they're sized correctly.

7 minutes ago, Paul T said:

I

It's not really a great idea to wear from raw. It won't really get you better fades and it's impractical.

Have you tried raw denim before, @i_denim It's good you're researching it carefully, but don't make the mistake that there's an 'ultimate' pair of jeans and an ultimate way of washing/caring. That's really marketing speak. Going for the most expensive, funkiest jeans from an online store as one of your first pair is almost certainly a mistake. Better to go to a store near you and make sure they're sized correctly.

Thanks, Paul. This is my first pair of Raw jeans and I don't have the luxury of buying something locally in India.

I just returned a pair of Japan Blue to the store as they were a little big and can't find anything else in the fit I like except these Pure Blue Japan ones. I am not buying them as they are more expensive than others but because I am tired of researching and waiting.

Seems like they are a very complicated beast. Kiy just told me I can’t wear unsanforized jeans without a soak so I need to buy 1-2 sizes bigger than what I need. Nobody knows if they will shrink 1 size or two. What a bummer. 

There seems to be a lot of knowledge here that says they stretch back to original measurement after a few wears.

my newbie brain is telling me to stick to the one wash versions for now.

On 2/24/2018 at 7:15 PM, MasonAlexander said:

I am not sure of the answer, so I cant help you there unfortunately.

But.. rather have a question of my own. Do they have different items on the 2 stores?

Yes and no.  I've seen some shops offering different items through either links.

Both carts look different through both Rakutens.

Case in point, top pic is through the regular Rakuten link and second pic is the Rakuten.ne.jp store link.  I'm able to add items in my cart on the second link and purchase but have to use Google translation.  I'm also able to use my same USA address and PayPal.  However, the first link won't even allow me to add the same item to my cart.  WTH?

IMG_2543.PNG

IMG_2546.PNG

Edited by mlwdp

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic