SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I just used standard airmail for a purchase from HK to UK and it arrived in 4 days, no issues. 

Having said that EMS has always been fast and efficient for me in the past, I was just in no rush for what I bought from HK. 

They haven't changed their name; that's just how they label their international products. Their domestic products are still labeled Pure Blue Japan. I don't know what the initial reasoning was for the separate labeling, but it's been this way for a while.

Anybody know of somebody doing a repro (or even just a jacket that is a similar style) of these? 

As far as Ive seen, the ones I like were made by “King O Wear” in possibly the 40s.

I do think that I saw one somewhere (probably deep into a binge on Japanese folks instagrams) but I cannot seem to remember where or when because I never actually wanted one until now

FBB442C9-5AC1-4263-9E06-F7DCECBBF4EC.jpeg

6E41B627-272B-4C4E-AF52-08C03A4A6055.jpeg

7C402FA6-6E36-4D31-A30B-3284A728DEEA.jpeg

149AB7CC-EBA0-4B99-B263-EF1C9310EE90.jpeg

1 hour ago, MasonAlexander said:

Anybody know of somebody doing a repro (or even just a jacket that is a similar style) of these? 

As far as Ive seen, the ones I like were made by “King O Wear” in possibly the 40s.

I do think that I saw one somewhere (probably deep into a binge on Japanese folks instagrams) but I cannot seem to remember where or when because I never actually wanted one until now

FBB442C9-5AC1-4263-9E06-F7DCECBBF4EC.jpeg

6E41B627-272B-4C4E-AF52-08C03A4A6055.jpeg

7C402FA6-6E36-4D31-A30B-3284A728DEEA.jpeg

149AB7CC-EBA0-4B99-B263-EF1C9310EE90.jpeg

Jelado has a pretty decent one if you can deal with the back of the jacket.  It's at Wolfpack.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/wolfpack/item/sg23428b/

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

6 minutes ago, MasonAlexander said:

That looks like almost exactly what I would want, but I could never deal with that back graphic

Yeah the back is probably the reason why it isn't selling! :D Jelado has a tendency to do overdo their clothing.

9 minutes ago, MasonAlexander said:

That looks like almost exactly what I would want, but I could never deal with that back graphic

Yeah the back is probably the reason why it isn't selling! :D Jelado has a tendency to do overdo their clothing.

21 hours ago, lance said:

Why did Pure Blue Japan change it’s name to Syoaiya?

Read somewhere that it has to do with the words in the name. It’s hard to regester a trademark with words as generic as pure blue japan.

On 21/01/2018 at 6:00 PM, SuperJackle said:

Do any of the repro companies make a one off type 2 or 3 with hand pockets? I would absolutely love to find a legit denim jacket that doesn't make my arms feel awkward. 

This new Oni jacket may be what you’re looking for.

Same issue here...pretty annoying.

With the new 2MB attachment limit I can no longer directly attach photos from my phone. How are you guys working around this? I'm sure it's been talked about but I couldn't find anything after a (half-assed) look through the recent pages.

What is everybodys opinion on buying a used pair of jeans?
 I mostly had a pretty hard "nope, not into it" stance up until lately, as I was very attached to the feeling of getting a fresh pair and doing the initial soak and all of that jazz, but as of lately, I have been trying looking a lot at Yahoo Auctions and there is a ton of good stuff but obviously already used.

I am currently kind of lacking in the cash department, and once I send these TCB contest jeans back to Japan, I'll be left without ANY jeans in my possession. What I really want as my next pair of jeans is the Dawson Denim "wide taper" jeans, but seeing as they are around $450, it might be a little minute before I could grab those. My thinking is that maybe I could spend $100-200 and grab a used pair of something fun to wear in between pairs.

What is everybodys thoughts on wearing somebody else's jeans? Mostly just looking to open up a discussion on this topic for the hell of it 

12 minutes ago, MasonAlexander said:

What is everybodys opinion on buying a used pair of jeans?
 I mostly had a pretty hard "nope, not into it" stance up until lately, as I was very attached to the feeling of getting a fresh pair and doing the initial soak and all of that jazz, but as of lately, I have been trying looking a lot at Yahoo Auctions and there is a ton of good stuff but obviously already used.

I am currently kind of lacking in the cash department, and once I send these TCB contest jeans back to Japan, I'll be left without ANY jeans in my possession. What I really want as my next pair of jeans is the Dawson Denim "wide taper" jeans, but seeing as they are around $450, it might be a little minute before I could grab those. My thinking is that maybe I could spend $100-200 and grab a used pair of something fun to wear in between pairs.

What is everybodys thoughts on wearing somebody else's jeans? Mostly just looking to open up a discussion on this topic for the hell of it 

As long as you don't wear any denim from Swissjeansfreak, you should be good! :D

Or, you could give Trophy Denim a go since they're reasonably priced for the quality they offer.  My 1605bk fits perfectly now and has stretched a bit in the waist. Probably 2 inch stretch once finished.

I've bought quite a few pairs from grailed, eBay, or one of the forums. I just wash them when I receive them and move on with my life. I won't buy them if there's any noticeable signs of wear but all the pairs I've bought were already shrank and the original owner either sized wrong or hemmed too short and didn't want them anymore. Saved me a lot of money...well probably not since I've bought way too many pairs this way. But it's never bothered me to own them second hand since they've all been worn only a handful of times before they became mine. 

I'm the same as kevypf

I think if you really want to try out a different fit or style (or whatever) for a period of time, and then decide if you'll stay with it or not, then buying second hand is the way to go. I bought my freewheelers 1951 second hand, because i wanted to try out a wider fitting pair of jeans. Downside of it was that it had been hemmed a fair bit and not chainstitched, but for the price I got it at, it was a compromise I had no problems making. Been a good buy, evidenced by the fact i'm wearing them right now as I type ^_^

On 2017-11-19 at 6:38 PM, Bobbo said:

^^ It's no difference from before when we only had positive and negative rep. Superrep gives the same + as Posrep or regular rep. 

This is the answer I got a couple of pages back. I didn’t help me much but you might find it useful.

Why have 3 different positive reps if they mean the same? A “rep explained” guide from mods would be helpful.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic