SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

3 hours ago, SLAB said:

looking for a denim jacket similar/inspired by the LVC triple pleat blouse. Length has to be longer than the LVC version though so not looking for an exact repro

anyone have any suggestions?

Funny, I was just asking about such a blouse in the Unknown non-Japanese Brands thread a few days ago. Check out the El Patron jacket; it's a nice conceptual reproduction that's been modernized in a number of ways, including the fit. I should have one showing up some time in the next few weeks and plan on posting a quick photo-review, if you feel like waiting.

So everyone - how did you do during the various Thanksgiving sales? I purchased an LVC at 40% off and the last XL indigo garrison shirt from MrFreedom (along with a Liberty belt). What about you?

9 hours ago, JDelage said:

So everyone - how did you do during the various Thanksgiving sales? I purchased an LVC at 40% off and the last XL indigo garrison shirt from MrFreedom (along with a Liberty belt). What about you?

How do you like the Garrison? I was thinking of getting the flannel  version but I was unsure about the length and if it would look alright being worn untucked. 

I thought this would be fun to share: chainstitching styles from (L-R) BlueInGreen, BlueOwl Workshop, Standard & Strange, BlueOwl Workshop, and Godspeed (Melbourne AU). Props to all for tight work.

IMG_20171129_160929.jpg

Edited by mlyngard

On 28 November 2017 at 11:24 AM, SLAB said:

looking for a denim jacket similar/inspired by the LVC triple pleat blouse. Length has to be longer than the LVC version though so not looking for an exact repro

anyone have any suggestions?

foxy discussed ordering similar in Bowery Blue Makers - but am sure the length is similar - key distinction is 12oz denim rather than 9oz

http://boweryblue.com/shop/type-lb-authentic-pleated-blouse

imo the triple pleat is defined by boxiness / shortness, but i am short-sighted

and then remember this? not triple, but pointed...

http://whitefeathermfg.com/produkt/greenebaum-type-1870s-blouse/

On 2017-11-28 at 2:51 PM, MasonAlexander said:

Anybody out there making good vintage style, athletic/university inspired sweaters?

Looking for specifically a burgandy/red one.

I remember seeing a really nice one, it was burgandy and yellow, I think it was by Warehouse but now I cant seem to find it

Hi mate, maybe you say this one on Ebay? https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-WAREHOUSE-TWO-TONE-LOOPWHEEL-SWEATSHIRT-SUGARCANE-BUZZ-RICKSON-REAL-MCCOYS/182750163866?hash=item2a8cc2339a:g:dPwAAOSw-29ZWdfp 

9 minutes ago, ALB said:

Well, I'm just curious at the moment to see whether or not I have another bookmark soon.

But I am curious in a west ride long sleeve that's available at 49ers.

I'd hit them or the Wild One up but through Instagram. There's also Mr Oldman, which has a Rakuten account.

If those don't pan out, Mayclub is one of West Ride's biggest stockists outside of Japan.

Edited by Iron Horse

33 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

I'd hit them or the Wild One up but through Instagram. There's also Mr Oldman, which has a Rakuten account.

If those don't pan out, Mayclub is one of West Ride's biggest stockists outside of Japan.

Ah, so insta is where it's at. Don't have one though and won't bother making one.

Was just made aware of May Club and got an email back from them not too long ago but they don't have it in my size thus my search. Gonna try Mr Oldman though it doesn't look like they have any west ride stuff.

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

what is the best proxy to use these days for yahoo auctions ? used to use sutocorp but i havent seen the best reviews for them lately 

I use buyee far more often than my wallet would like and I haven't had any problems so far. 

Hi,

I have spent quite some time on building calisthenics skills for the past 6 months (another kind of evo I guess).

It turns out it gives good results and as you may guess, some jeans, T-shirts, shirts and jackets are now almost unwearable (SG-5109 jeans and  pbj-6066 jacket for example).

So I was wondering what your approach was for some of you into calisthenics or body building. For the legs, there are some options: straight cuts or slim with large top block. But for the top, the waist does not get bigger. It may even shrink when getting rid of love handles. So you end up with wide shoulders, a large back that tapers into a thin waist (which is nice from an aesthetic POV but not so much when looking for shirts and jackets) .

For top pieces, do you size up even if the waist is going to be too wide? Do you buy raw and shrink 'carefully' to keep room in the shoulders area? Or are there labels I should consider for that matter.

I was mostly thinking about a denim jacket to replace the pbj one. IH seemed nice.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks!

I have a thermal shirt but I live in Australia. I find that they let the air/breeze in when you stand stilll, but after you've moved around a bit they trap the heat. I get hot quite easily so for me that's the opposite of what I need.

Probably better off as an underlayer in a colder climate

7 hours ago, vgadjo said:

Pretty much my position a year or two ago via weight lifting.

1) it helps to find a weight you're comfortable with and stay there. 2) during the transition period in getting to that final weight I would just buy something cheap to serve as some intermediary. Went on a self-freeze on all purchases till I got to where I was happy with my body.

For me I found that my shirts still fit me pretty good for the most part. A good amount I've outgrown but I still have a decent amount left over since those shirts have some crazy stretch or were a bigger M/smaller L. Same thing with jackets.

Jeans I've gone up two sizes and either sold all those smaller raws or kept them in the "archives." Again didn't buy anything till I was happy with my weight.

So yeah, I personally would avoid trying to do a guessing game with clothes till you're at the weight you want to be.

Feel like I have been having a lot of "where the hell can I find one of these" questions lately.

here is another..

Looking to find a little brown/tan/olive style sweater vest type piece similar to this McCoys one, and am also looking to find a vest similar to this Freewheelers one or similar to the Browns Beach vests.

Normally I would just go all in and try to buy the best version of the piece that I could find but these are a little obscure for me and Im not sure if I would wear it often so I am looking to find a similar style at a lower price point for now

IMG_1159.PNG

IMG_1158.PNG

For the browns beach vest, try workwear Hong Kong. Decent price compared to the usual brands and felt decent quality when I tried it on. 

http://www.workwarehk.com/workware/product-detail?product_id=135

http://www.workwarehk.com/workware/product-detail?product_id=137

Edited by Geeman

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial for treating denim with kakishibu, as roughly described in that old Bandana Almanac post from Denim Bruin a few years ago? This is something I'd be very interested in doing at some point, but I can't really find much info on what all's involved.

There's not really a flagship to my knowledge but some stores are better than others. Siam Square, Emquartier, Paragon  and Central World are the best  in my opinion. Siam Square, Paragon and Central World are all pretty close to each other.

The stock of brands, colours etc vary across stores so it's worth visiting more than one.

Whilst in Siam Square also check out westcode store in Soi 1 and Oscar Denim in Siam Square 1 mall. 

Edited by Geeman

Question re: Superfuture and rep and shit.  Under the user name there is a green number.  below that is how many posts you have.  How are theese related?  I see semi-active members with say 600 post but a green number thats like 18,000.  Then I see members that are really active and the numbers are really close together.  I thought it was every time you get a +1 pos rep the number goes up, but of that were the case, some people who have 200 or so posts, each post would need to get a ton of pos rep.  So, whats the deal?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic