SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anyone have any suggestions about the best affordable way to ship a pair of denim from US to Denmark.  There are us post office flat rate boxes and envelopes but the ones that fit a pair of jeans seem to be around $60 usd.  Has to be a cheaper way....

Edited by kbuzz

I always ship jeans with a USPS medium-size flat rate envelope (11x17 inches). It usually costs me around $23 internationally for a 5-7 day delivery, but you have to look through the shipping options available to get to that price. Try asking a postal worker for the cheapest shipping option when checking out, or press the little scroll arrow when given pricing options if using the shipping computer—either way it should come up.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:46 PM, JDelage said:

All - do you know what are the (chambray?) shirts worn by Harry Bosch in the TV show?

i have no idea but I have just spent the better part of my afternoon trying to figure this out.  Not because they look any different than the standard run of the mill chambray but to see how good I am at finding this kinda shit out with little to no info.  All I have is that on the cuff placket there is a "W" or "M" according to some google image searches.  And i have struck out.  I cannot figure this out.  

On 8/6/2017 at 0:06 AM, Iron Horse said:

Warehouse 1001?

Nah, too tapered. Go with WH 800, LVC '44 or '47. The LVC 44's are going to give you the narrowest leg of the three.

SC 47s would work, but you'd probably have to wear them as small in the waist as you can stand to get that narrower looking of a leg.

You could also try one of WH's current WWII models (1003XX and 1003SXX).

On 8.8.2017 at 6:15 PM, setterman said:

Nah, too tapered. Go with WH 800, LVC '44 or '47. The LVC 44's are going to give you the narrowest leg of the three.

SC 47s would work, but you'd probably have to wear them as small in the waist as you can stand to get that narrower looking of a leg.

You could also try one of WH's current WWII models (1003XX and 1003SXX).

The 1001 has a bigger leg opening than the 800 though. But since the 1001 has more room in the top block they have probably a stronger taper than the 800, which starts out slimmer.

Does the LVC 44 really have a narrower leg opening than the 47? I didn't know that :D

Should have been a little more detailed. Not sure what the leg opening is on the LVC 44s and 47s. But, the last pair of 44s I had (size 36) were about the same in the waist as my '47s (size 38). So, forgetting what the tag says, they're the same size. Comparing the legs of the two, the 44s were noticeably more narrow through the thigh. The two were probably very similar at the ankle, but because of the slimmer thigh the '44s give more of that straight, slim, stove pipe, 40s look, like the guy in the photo.

Hi everyone,

What are the cuts from Stevenson Overall like? Mainly looking at 727, 737, 747 and 767. Looking into something not too slim or tapered. I wear jeans mainly with workwear inspired outfits or just t-shirt and boots.

The cuts I've owned (727, 747, 767) have all been a bit weird for their own reasons. 727 is very slim; my thighs outgrew them which has never happened on any other pair of jeans I've had, besides maybe my jeans from baby gap. 767 was very loose in the seat for me, sometimes that's okay but for some reason it looked quite bad on this pair. 747 was great except the rise felt like it should have been higher for the rest of the cut. I've never owned a pair of 737 but it seems like the best/most well-rounded straight cut out of all of those, judging by measurements... that'd be my recommendation.

46 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Surprisingly those 747s never really took off...

Strangers in the night

Why is no one talking about the 340 Calistoga when SOC is mentioned? They were high on my want list for some time, I thought they'd be a great slim straight pair.

^Tbh for me, as great as that cut looks, i wouldn't get it because it's only been released since SOC's rebrand, which really made them fall off the radar for me. Prior to 2016 or whenever the change happened, SOC's detailing was amazing—the old patches were *so* cool, their greencast denim was totally in a class of its own, and the back pocket design was distinctive enough to set it apart from other brands imo. On the other hand, the new pocket stitching and belt loops look sort of contrived, not to mention that their new denim looks way more irregular and less vintage-y than the lovely denim the old models came with.

23 hours ago, chicote said:

The cuts I've owned (727, 747, 767) have all been a bit weird for their own reasons. 727 is very slim; my thighs outgrew them which has never happened on any other pair of jeans I've had, besides maybe my jeans from baby gap. 767 was very loose in the seat for me, sometimes that's okay but for some reason it looked quite bad on this pair. 747 was great except the rise felt like it should have been higher for the rest of the cut. I've never owned a pair of 737 but it seems like the best/most well-rounded straight cut out of all of those, judging by measurements... that'd be my recommendation.

did you think the rear pockets should have been slightly higher?  for some reason in every pic i see they remind me of some G-Star jeans where the pockets are way too low.

I want to like Stevenson but the listed measurements are never where I need them to be, mostly with the front rise.  

@garden gnomes in space Nah I thought the pockets were great! Probably my favourite back pockets ever actually, or maybe tied with tender -- so spacious without looking or feeling oversized or baggy. Check page 2 of the Stevenson thread, there's a pair of 767s there that show how the pockets stretch out... amazing. I wonder if the low-slung look might be due to how they were worn in photos you've seen--never thought or experienced that personally.

Hi @chicote and the rest,

Thanks a lot for a really meaningful answer. Looks like 727 is out of the picture.

I am looking for something not too tapered and maybe not too low in the rise. So maybe 767 or 737...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic