SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

18 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

sweatpants and a stretched out t-shirt with exposed belly- Garden Gnomes in Space

you're not alone GGIS, I wish to express my deepest sympathy by posting this. The third eye.

Kk1mYO9.jpg?1

On 25.1.2017 at 2:19 AM, Iron Horse said:

If you want western wear, Weldon's in Denton is good. 

I had this place on my list and while I was setting up a list of waypoints to do sat nav by I noticed that they closed up show in January :( A real bummer because it looked like an awesome small shop that wasn't all the same "Boot Barn" style stuff you can get everywhere.

Another thing, I'm still trying to locate a White's boots dealer somewhere in TX, NM or AZ. I'm using the dealer locator on http://www.whitesboots.com but all shops listed there either seem to not exist anymore or don't even mention White's in their brand list online. Is it actually that hard to get a selection to browse in retail?

That's too bad about Weldon's, Cuccoo. I guess the amount of interest in western wear there isn't very high considering Weldon's was the only game in town.

Re: White's, I've never seen a dealer in Texas. Granted, I left in 2012, but back then this whole scene was confined to a few shops for the whole state. Might still be that way.

3 hours ago, mikecch said:

Uh, very nice, thanks for the find mate.

I wonder if there might be a version with finer, vertical striping, more akin to the traditional versions.

Buzz R has made them, so have Stevenson and John Gluckow:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/organweb/item/br12746/

Maybe High Grade US Standard could be convinced? :P 

https://www.highgradeusstandard.com/collections/our-products/products/striped-pincheck-jacket

Anyone with Horween Colour 8 Chromexcel  leather who can verify if the flesh side is untreated/undyed (like natural veg tan); or if the dye, tanning process penetrates to the core and back.

Thanks

Most CXL have the dye sitting not too much further than the grain layer, with the majority of the substance of the leather being natural coloured.

The tanning process penetrates all the layers, otherwise your leather will start rotting.

Has anyone purchased from "Vision Store HK".

Does the website offer better prices for Visvim goods than stores outside of Japan. 

Why do they mainly stock 14 A/W stuff on their web shop?

Thanks

I think you've answered your own question I'm afraid. I can't imagine the repro makers that this forum tends to follow would bastardise a cinch with slim jeans. You could always size down and taper - but that would cock up the intended fit 

A guess would be SDA as they're more experimental. 

Edited by unders

6 hours ago, serotonin flood said:

Anyone know of a pair of jeans on the slim side that have a cinch?  I know these things don't usually go together but I've suddenly become interested in getting a pair with a cinch and thought I'd ask here.

I'll save you my opinion regarding slim jeans with a cinch, hahaha!

Companion jeans has the Jan model which is cinchback and tapered, and fairly expensive too at 350 ish euro or even more depending from the fabric.

Orgueil made a slim cinch back too, it was on sale in a few places about an year ago a guy who was posting year bought them and posted a few pics too.

Studio d'Artisan made quite a few slim cinchback pairs, but they make so many different models and cuts that I can't really keep track on them.

Well that's about what I expected haha but thanks for the replies fellas!  I guess Viapiana is an option too, especially since he has the sugar cane denim that I've always been interested in.:D

Edited by serotonin flood
sp

What is “high quality selvedge denim” to you? What kind of information do you want to gather?

Check the mill which produced the denim, look what is specified and if you like the description (weight, texture, used cotton) and most importantly: just wear to find out.

On 5/5/2017 at 2:20 PM, serotonin flood said:

Anyone know of a pair of jeans on the slim side that have a cinch?  I know these things don't usually go together but I've suddenly become interested in getting a pair with a cinch and thought I'd ask here.

the cut and details on these are great https://shop.risingsunjeans.com/collections/pants/products/spade-jean-ind-raw-1

check out the cinch shape. i've always wanted a pair. not sure how much is done differently to produce it since rs changed hands from mike hodis, but from some of the ig photos i've seen they might still be sewn by the same team. the denim is pretty boring, though it would still look good after a long wear (when i saw it, three years ago, it used the same cone as the one on my blacksmith).

you could also get some kapital https://www.kapital.jp/e-store/detail.php?id=SLP014&key=4852&category=57

can you cold soak unanforized denim its entire life span including the pre soaks to minimize shrinkage and preserve as long inseam as possible or are they gunna shrink all the way ???

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic