SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

33 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Where can I get a nice brown's beach vest? Still effing cold here in Seattle....

I would say Speedway but they're sold out of seemingly anything 40 and up; they do have BB down vests though:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/speedway-shop/item/bbj-724down-black/

Looks like most other shops are too as A/W is officially over. Here's one in 40:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/reggieshop/item/brownsbeach-r0054789531452/

Edited by Iron Horse

1 hour ago, Frost said:

Can anyone tell me how much Hinoya charges for shipping to the EU?

I think it depends on what item you're getting such as a tshirt vs shoes etc shipping price. You could ask them to give you an estimate in case you're worried about customs charges.

I'm looking for a recommendation for some japanese raw denim that fits similar to my Nudie Lean Deans (size 32/34).

I have been unlucky with 2 purchases so far. The first were Japan Blue 0304z (size 31) which I found were too wide in the thigh and leg. The second was an Oni 512idid (size 32 one wash) which i found the rise too small, but the thighs and legs a little too big.

Do any of you have any denim suggestions? I'm basically after something that matches the fit of my nudies.

Basically im after a tight jean with a normal rise.

havent bought jeans for so long and havent checked up on how to acquire jeans.

originally i came across denimio and thought, wow, so much has changed and was going to buy some ONI's from there. the model i wanted was out of stock unfortunately-  huge bummer.

where else can i get Oni's/samurais without going through a proxy? 

trying to avoid BiG/selfedge for now. 

On 4/7/2017 at 9:39 PM, noobedloser said:

Has anyone happen to DIY line their type3 jackets??

Would love to line mine but curious to know if anyone could share any experiences!

Back in my Rock'n'Roll days i lined a few jackets/vest and let me tell yah its a pain in the ass if you have no type of textile cutting/forming experience ( i used sweater fabric sewn with dental floss) What ended up happening is that the stitching to sew in the fabric would pinch and bunch up the fabric and you would have the jacket sitting weird, Also you have to remember if you are lining the jacket with thick material you will lose that extra wiggle room ( if you sized tts this can be an issue). I would say upsize your type 3 to fit a sweater underneath, IF the type 3 is too long just get it tailored. ALSO REMEBER LINER KEEPS IN BODY HEAT, If you like wearing your jacket on cool summer days it can be an issue as the liner will act as insulation.

I've noticed a lot of brands have a black label with gold/yellow script writing (like Mister Freedom Sportsman, Stevenson Overall Company off top) and was wondering if there was an original that these are based on.

Edited by serotonin flood
spelling

can someone link me some well worn, around 1.5-2 years constant wear, examples of "vintage" faded jeans i just bought some Fullcount 1108xx. i've tried searching for vintage fade in TCB, Fullcount, and Denim Evolution threads

4 hours ago, FreeCharlesManson said:

can someone link me some well worn, around 1.5-2 years constant wear, examples of "vintage" faded jeans i just bought some Fullcount 1108xx. i've tried searching for vintage fade in TCB, Fullcount, and Denim Evolution threads

TCB - Volvo

FC - tricky one, just search through the thread

WH - Max Power, setterman

Evisu - crashtestbrummie

Denime - atzec 

Ooe - contest thread

Samurai - loads in the thread 

LVC - Paul T

Sugar Cane - 00 Soul (on Denimbro)

UES - Max P/spitfiredealer

IH - Max P/nizzel55

PBJ - loads