SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I use converse all stars and a pair of vans, but this year I am about the invest in a pair of repro USN deck shoes as well.

Surprisingly, Sperry makes a repro deck usn shoe, which is quite nice. I am going to buy it. I can't find the link anywhere on the internet, but Allblues co in Leeds sells them for 60 GBP. They look the same as these wakouva by anatomica:

tumblr_mi9845p3H51rqnjjfo1_1280.jpg

On 19.3.2017 at 8:42 PM, Articulate said:

Looking for a quality pair of swim trunks / board shorts. My short list:

1. Mister Freedom

2. Battenwear

Any other brand tips to check out?

@articulate Have you checked out Biidwell Beach Britches yet?

Edited by Max Power

Hope this is the right place to pose this question, I'm looking for something with a similar fit to 3sixteen's ST-120x.  Of all the pairs I own, this one seems to work the best in terms of fit for me.  I also currently own a pair of Samurai s710xx and Strike Gold 3109 and the 3sixteen pair are a nice in between.  According to the measurements on Self Edge's website (unless I'm reading something incorrectly), the 3sixteen pair should have a narrower knee/leg opening than the Strike Gold pair, but comparing the two, the opposite is actually the case.  What I'm look for is something with a low to medium rise with a slim leg and just a slight taper, somewhere in the 14oz - 19oz range.  

If it matters, my inseam is between 28" and 30", could make a difference as far as the knee/leg opening are concerned. 

Edited by VivaMarlon

9 hours ago, JDelage said:

All - what's the consensus on build & fabric quality of Mr Freedom shirts and jackets?

I have the cowboy jacket and it's of great build quality. The fabric is a deadstock denim, but I doubt Christophe would choose anything that's not up to the highest standards. 

I think Mister Freedom stuff is great, I'm a little biased though since I like the brand quite a bit.
Some of it might be a bit over the top in regards to looks, but quality wise it's all very nice.

Denimio: Legit and a big go-to site for a good chunk of people.

Mister Freedom: build and quality are solid. I think some of his choices lately have been boring but I have a good amount of MF stuff that I don't regret at all.

23 hours ago, VivaMarlon said:

Hope this is the right place to pose this question, I'm looking for something with a similar fit to 3sixteen's ST-120x.  Of all the pairs I own, this one seems to work the best in terms of fit for me.  I also currently own a pair of Samurai s710xx and Strike Gold 3109 and the 3sixteen pair are a nice in between.  According to the measurements on Self Edge's website (unless I'm reading something incorrectly), the 3sixteen pair should have a narrower knee/leg opening than the Strike Gold pair, but comparing the two, the opposite is actually the case.  What I'm look for is something with a low to medium rise with a slim leg and just a slight taper, somewhere in the 14oz - 19oz range.  

If it matters, my inseam is between 28" and 30", could make a difference as far as the knee/leg opening are concerned. 

Have you tried looking at Flat Head's 3012, Sugar Cane 2014 jean, and maybe Stevenson's 340 CALISTOGA jean. Though the Stevenson's have a big waist which requires a belt and is sanforized. Also have a look at Mister Freedom over on his site. Has a nice mix of straight and slim straightish cuts.

On 2017-3-26 at 0:17 AM, JDelage said:

All - what's the consensus on build & fabric quality of Mr Freedom shirts and jackets?

All of the MF pieces I have are very well made.

Thats; Caban Peacoat, Okinawa Patrol Shirt and the lot 64 Okinawa jeans. 

Can't fault it at all...maybe the indigo bleed! - That's crazy on some mf pieces ;)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic