SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Thanks I'll check out Mr. Oldman. I'll email Larry Smith again too. When I emailed them a few months ago they were saying that they weren't shipping to US due to some distribution issue, but maybe thats changed. 

On 2/28/2017 at 10:52 AM, Bobbo said:

I'm looking to get a new hoodie, preferably with a zipper that doesn't cost me a shitload like Iron Heart. I liked the McCoys one I tried on in Tokyo, but I'd like to hear about other solid choices before I bite the bullet.

What's your favorite hoodies? What should I check out?

they are not Japanese but Reigning Champ are great.  I was very underwhelmed by the Strike Gold hoody i bought.  I mean I got decent wear out of it but its lifespan was pathetic compared to others I have.  I wore the elbows out to the point they just blew out.  I have put easily 2x the wear into the Reigning Champ sweatshirt and there's no holes.   

On 3/2/2017 at 4:25 PM, garden gnomes in space said:

they are not Japanese but Reigning Champ are great.  I was very underwhelmed by the Strike Gold hoody i bought.  I mean I got decent wear out of it but its lifespan was pathetic compared to others I have.  I wore the elbows out to the point they just blew out.  I have put easily 2x the wear into the Reigning Champ sweatshirt and there's no holes.   

Champion by Todd Snyder uses the same construction as Reigning Champ, both being made in Canada.  Worth checking out if you love Champion JP but hate Champion JP sizing.

http://www.toddsnyder.com/collections/champion?gclid=CjwKEAiA6OnFBRDcgt7YmPKI33ESJACJoTJY9-T-cftVcE57rqWirBxXYsEO4i-6PeTiwwTJlHnCGhoC3xjw_wcB

Going to be inheriting my girlfriend's father's Woolrich Mackinaw that was made in the 1950s.  It's been hanging in a basement for years, and has  a little mildew on the front of it (brushes off), and it smells.  Thoughts on how to cleaning it?  My first thought is to dry clean it because it appears to be in very solid shape, I want to make sure there's no bugs in it, and I'd rather deal with dry cleaning smell than musty basement/house.  

Thanks!

On 3/2/2017 at 4:55 PM, Bobbo said:

That sounds interesting, never heard about them before. I don't care too much if it's japanese or not, quality is what matters the most.

Will definitely check them out.

Reigning Champ is made long and slim. Definitely recommend trying on before purchasing if you can. Fortunately for you, it's a brand that is readily available at most decent streetwear shops. 

Edited by shoreman

Which Japanese (or equivalent) shirt makers fit between IH and TFH in terms of shoulders-to-p2p ratio? Most IH workshirts that fit me in the shoulders are too loose in the chest, and of course most TFH shirts have an extreme tapper. I'd like something in between...

What's the best way to de-wrinkle jeans after they have dried from a wash? Sometimes I get a lot of creases and wrinkles near the bottom of the legs. I usually just wear them and they come out over time, but is their a way to do this other than ironing or tumble drying?

maybe steam them? i know that before i bought an iron and i had to get the wrinkles out of a dress shirt i would just put it up on a hanger in the bathroom and take a hot-ish shower, and all the steam would kinda ease the wrinkles out.

On 11/03/2017 at 2:09 AM, JDelage said:

Do you generally not get charged sales tax when ordering (directly) from Japan?

Depends on the store. You shouldn't really. When I buy from Rakuten, I try to buy from sellers which state you will not pay the 8% if you are ordering from outside Japan or I will ask them.

Someone on here put up a really good post detailing the process of tax free shopping within Japan as a foreign visitor. Wished I saved that post.

Hardware related question.

I've got a pair of PBJ 24 z. It seems the hardware is the same as for regular 14 oz jeans. And it looks a bit weak for that denim thickness. The belt button has popped out. I've tried to replace it with a regular button found at a store nearby. It did not last a full day.

So I was wondering if there was a (online) store anyone could advise for stronger hardware.

Summer's coming (Yeah not quite, but spring has sprung in London) and its almost time to hang up the boots.

What does everybody wear when its too hot for boots but sneakers don't fit in with the head to toe LVC miner/farm hand steez?

Slip on sneakers may be an option, or desert boots?

Edited by heyheyhey

How about some pecos boots? Used Red Wing pecos are going for a song online these days; since the shaft is so wide and short they actually breathe well too.

Oxfords from either John Lofgren or Moto are an option, too. 

Honestly I mainly just wear sneakers in summer; Warehouse, Converse 70s, Vans, and now I have a pair of Lofgrens on the way.

Edited by Iron Horse

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic