SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

On 24.1.2017 at 10:51 PM, Cucoo said:

I'll be flying into Fort Worth for a 3 week vacation in the USA in May. Cities along our planned round trip route along Route 66, through Nevada and New Mexico include FW/Dallas, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Tucson and then back to Texas for San Antonio, Austin and Houston.

Any stores a denimhead shouldn't miss?

I did almost the same trip a couple of years ago and first of all I envy you. Second, I think my favorite stop along the way was Santa Fe, and I wish we could've stayed there a little longer. The vintage stores were excellent. Can't remember names but one carried western boots by the thousands and I think another one was just called Santa Fe. 

Also on the topic Of Santa Fe, while you're here you might want to check out the art installation called Meow Wolf. It's really cool. It's funded by George R.R Martin, writer of the books that inspired Game Of Thrones and long time Santa Fe resident. 

Edited by SuperJackle

Why do Japanese denim brand/sellers web sites generally suck?  I'm specifically talking about (although I have gotten great service from them by just e-mailing) Pants Shop Ave and Pirates.  Even Full Count and to a lesser degree Warehouse web sites are just a drag to navigate.  Poorly laid out, require a ton of click-through, and drilling down like they were built in Excel and transferred to a web format.  Why is this?  

Thats a very good question!

Do you think it's a translation issue? I don't know if online shopping is big in the bigger city's given the proliferation of stores to visit so perhaps the websites are an after thought?

9 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Thats a very good question!

Do you think it's a translation issue? I don't know if online shopping is big in the bigger city's given the proliferation of stores to visit so perhaps the websites are an after thought?

I dont think its translation related as I have clicked around in the original non-translated Japanese and its still bad.  You might be right about the preference to go in-store but I still feel that even if that were the case the websites are generally sub-par even for that.  I had to click through 12 pages of Studio D t-shirts on PSA to find a wabash work shirt.  The SS version was like 8 pages previous LOL.    

2 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

I did almost the same trip a couple of years ago and first of all I envy you. Second, I think my favorite stop along the way was Santa Fe, and I wish we could've stayed there a little longer. The vintage stores were excellent. Can't remember names but one carried western boots by the thousands and I think another one was just called Santa Fe. 

1 hour ago, SuperJackle said:

Also on the topic Of Santa Fe, while you're here you might want to check out the art installation called Meow Wolf. It's really cool. It's funded by George R.R Martin, writer of the books that inspired Game Of Thrones and long time Santa Fe resident. 

Thanks! I very much look forward to Santa Fe myself, planning to drive there along the Turquoise Trail... we just scrapped plans to go up North to Monument Valley because we're travelling with our 2 1/2 year old after all and we want to avoid too many 6/7 hour drives, so there should be some more time to spend there.

I see myself buying more bolo ties than a German dude would ever need in his lifetime already! :P

4 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

Why do Japanese denim brand/sellers web sites generally suck? 

i reckon it's an extension of the repro aesthetic... coded for netscape using authentic web 2.0 technology!

7 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

Why do Japanese denim brand/sellers web sites generally suck?  I'm specifically talking about (although I have gotten great service from them by just e-mailing) Pants Shop Ave and Pirates.  Even Full Count and to a lesser degree Warehouse web sites are just a drag to navigate.  Poorly laid out, require a ton of click-through, and drilling down like they were built in Excel and transferred to a web format.  Why is this?  

https://randomwire.com/why-japanese-web-design-is-so-different/

It's the web equivalent of what modern Japan really looks like. :D

5062013491_1bd102f111_b.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

Anyone know of any throw-back style jack purcell sneakers that look like this?july-8-15-010.jpg

11259758_836222016447760_1885155950_n.jp

These were apparently a superdenim x pf flyer exclusive but I'm just looking for something perhaps a leg up from your standard converse jack purcells. Btw... I have wide feet. :( The shame...

Here you go

http://www.converse.co.jp/product-category/jack-purcell/

The MIJ cons are nicer than standard, not quite as heavy material as the 70's. I find them to be a little rounder and wider in the toe box also. The purcell have more padded tongues a little thicker material 

So I'm looking to proxy a pair of Boncoura jeans from Japan (finally) and I'm trying to figure out what the best proxy service is.
The quote Suto Corp gave me is pretty pricey, so I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions.

There are a few Rakuten sellers who sell Boncoura stuff—Coupy is one, if I remember correctly. Maybe one of them might be a cheaper alternative?

edit: seems like the ones I've found ( fill store - 66, Coupy - 66, On the Earth - Z ) only go to size 34 ... perhaps sutocorp is the best bet for larger sizes. if i remember correctly they charge something like ten or twelve per cent commission, which goes down to eight if you buy enough shit from them (as i once did years ago...). not the best price-wise but they're communicative and reliable.

Edited by chicote

6 hours ago, Broark said:

So I'm looking to proxy a pair of Boncoura jeans from Japan (finally) and I'm trying to figure out what the best proxy service is.
The quote Suto Corp gave me is pretty pricey, so I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions.

What you need and size?

Thanks for the feedback guys, so turns out the cheapest option is actually to purchase them from Alpha Shadows due to the VAT being deducted, plus free shipping.
Needless to say I now have a pair of Boncoura XX's on the way finally. :ph34r:

Has anyone here in the US ever used a Rakuten coupon? I see that they're offering a 1,000 yen coupon but only for registered members.  When I tried to register, it asks for my prefecture/island in the registration page.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic