SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've noticed that in their brand list as well.

Seems like they're moving towards more technical fabrics and stuff like that. But a lot of those brands still seem to be Japanese.

Still quite a few denim brands represented, I'm sure they're not dropping Samurai or Kapital. That'd be surprising.

I'm interested in the Mt. Rainier Design stuff from Japan, they make some cool looking parkas.

I also have noticed that the aesthetic they're pursuing is a bit different lately, and it seems they're moving away from "workwear" and towards something I can't really describe. It appears they're bringing in more non denim items than ever before. My observation anyway.

Yeah I have noticed the shift in brands. I thought it was kind of cool as I hadn't heard of many of those brands and the market for Osaka 5, heritage, etc stuff is a bit more crowded than it was when Gordon started, but i'd hate for it to be totally at the expense of the classics. At the moment (and speaking only of Jeans here) there is no Samurai, no Kapital, no Fullcount, no Warhouse, no Studio d'Artisan...

I actually wanted to use the 25% off code they mailed me to finally nail down those Zipangs. Oh well.

Here's hoping its just a hiccup and nothing serious. Would hate to hear my favorite denim store in the states is in jeopardy. 

Edited by ColdStorage

I've noticed that in their brand list as well.

Seems like they're moving towards more technical fabrics and stuff like that. But a lot of those brands still seem to be Japanese.

Still quite a few denim brands represented, I'm sure they're not dropping Samurai or Kapital. That'd be surprising.

I'm interested in the Mt. Rainier Design stuff from Japan, they make some cool looking parkas.

They're on sale at endclothing right now

Nice bra! :o

yeah, sorry about that.  i didn't realize till later.  a rather spontaneous photo shoot by me and no, they are not mine!!!!

someone mentioned something about not gaining weight.  it's a funny thing.  ever since i started to eat smaller portions i tend to get fuller faster.  the theory is, i think, that i have not stretched out my stomach as much anymore.  if you know what i mean. 

i am glad that my local store stocked the b10.  i do not wear leather so i was lucky that the shop stocked the b10.  perfecto. 

i am getting the zip deck jacket next year.  anyone here own a zip deck jacket by the mccoys?  i wonder how the 40 fits compared to the 40 in the b10?

Have a look at some Indonesian brands. They do a lot of hw denim. Sage even has a 27oz pair of jeans.

I've got good experience with oldblue co. I wore their 21/23oz jeans for last hwdc and I'm wearing their 25oz for this dwc. They are a Indonesian fabric and quality wise on par with most Japanese Brands I've handled

Edited by greathoudini

Have a look at some Indonesian brands. They do a lot of hw denim. Sage even has a 27oz pair of jeans.

I've got good experience with oldblue co. I wore their 21/23oz jeans for last hwdc and I'm wearing their 25oz for this dwc. They are a Indonesian fabric and quality wise on par with most Japanese Brands I've handled

Id love a pair of Old Blue Co the 25oz is sold out which is a bummer. I might get the 21/23oz. Ive been folllwing them for awhile. Speaking of Indonesian brands do you have any experience with Carnivores Soul??

Id love a pair of Old Blue Co the 25oz is sold out which is a bummer. I might get the 21/23oz. Ive been folllwing them for awhile. Speaking of Indonesian brands do you have any experience with Carnivores Soul??

you could sent them an email. Sometimes they still have some stock not listed or something.

I didn't know carnivores soul, they look allright but the details are a bit too much for me. 

I have a question for the Japanese members of the board regarding drying denim after it's been washed.

Regarding the winter, do you still line dry your denim outside during the cold weather after wash?

Edited by mlwdp

I have a question for the Japanese members of the board regarding drying denim after it's been washed.

Regarding the winter, do you still line dry your denim outside during the cold weather after wash?

If you didnt want to hang them outside in the cold and you're against putting them in the dryer another way ill dry mine is to take them right from the washer, lay them on a big towel and roll the towel up with the jeans in it. Thatll remove a lot of the water and then ill throw them over the shower curtain rod and dry them overnight.

On 1/3/2017 at 11:11 PM, garden gnomes in space said:

does BiG no longer sell Full Count jeans or Samurai Jeans?  They have shirts and accessories but no jeans.  Or is this  a lack of inventory so they just remove any trace of the jeans until they show up?

I was in the store a few days ago and asked specifically about Full Counts. The guy said they would be getting more in, but they were going to stop carrying the standard 13.7oz jeans because those were getting a bit commoditized by Denimio and others. They're going to shift toward carrying collaboration pairs with more exclusivity instead, though I didn't learn any more about the details of the new stuff. Does sound like they'll get to use some non-standard denims though... The new stock should be arriving sometime in February, I think.

Didn't notice that they were out of Samurai, it would surprise me if they didn't even have a few sale pairs knocking around their shelves, but I imagine that's going to be a similar deal.

On 12/28/2016 at 8:04 AM, itschrisb said:

Im on the hunt for some heavyweight denim. Id like something 22oz or higher and preferably something a little less common. Whats out there?

At Railcar Steven just bought more 23oz japanese kuroki fabric. They are not on the site because they are made to order, the fabric is so expensive we have to buy as people order.  You can reach out to me or Steven if you want to talk about sizing or if you are interested. I think we have made about 7 so far.  

1037.jpg1039.jpg1038.jpg

22 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Didn't BiG try this route with special models from Samurai, too?

They've carried some special models for the past few years alongside the regular releases, certainly some of the blackhawk jeans were exclusive to BiG. But yeah, it looks like this is the next step they're taking to stay ahead of the Denimios of the world - either pair up with smaller brands that lack the cheaper distribution channels or go for special releases and collaboration pairs instead of widespread mainline models.

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question ... will these fade over time? JAPAN BLUE JBL1169S(ID) SKINNY (STITCH) 9.5OZ LEFT HAND STRETCH DENIM (ID)

Here are the links describing these jeans...

Denimio : https://www.denimio.com/japan-blue-jbl1169s-id-skinny-stitch-9-5oz-left-hand-stretch-denim-id.html

Japan Blue: https://www.japanbluejeans.com/en/item/index.cgi?c=zoom&pk=165&col=77

I assume "ID" means indigo dyed but I don't see any of the usual wording that I see for raw denim like "one wash" "no wash" etc... so I feel like I should check and make sure...I want some fading over time... subtle fading is OK

Thanks in advance :D

7 hours ago, chicote said:

^Imperial's Shearer fit is pretty good, perhaps Left Field's Chelsea would work too.

@machine-language, they seem like they should fade, although stretch denim tends to be a bit harder to achieve any sort of contrast with.

@machine-language ^ this

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

8 hours ago, chicote said:

^Imperial's Shearer fit is pretty good, perhaps Left Field's Chelsea would work too.

@machine-language, they seem like they should fade, although stretch denim tends to be a bit harder to achieve any sort of contrast with.

Thank you both!  Subtle fading is OK :) 

I just made a purchase on Rakuten and used PayPal as my payment.  Do shops typically send the PayPal bill after the order confirmation email?  I received the order confirmation only and the item sold out due to my purchase.  PayPal is the only form of payment the rakuten shop allows for overseas purchases. ???

edit: received PayPal invoice from shop.

Edited by mlwdp

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic