SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Obviously it needs to be a sturdy, thick patch to be able to do that. I love the extra support/hold that my Ande patch provides for my belt but if I tried to use my SDA patch (that I'm wearing today) in a similar manner, it's way too thin and would just rip.

Any derby shoes that can take a beating? Latigo or oil tanned leather perhaps?

Already looking at the northampton companies and viberg but either not my style or I'm not sure if the leather is what I'm looking for.

if you like the shape (they're very special, and kind of love/hate) you can have a look at William Lennon shoes.

the make two derby style work shoes

the "slim" shoe (which in fact it's not slim at all!)

EB057BB6-F5CC-4AB6-AFE2-20F71D30FF46_zps

and the hill shoe, which I own

A0FC7075-399E-4595-AE82-2761BEAEC406_zps

they sure can take a beating or three.

their range of waxy leathers are all by Horween.

What's up guys,

I've been into denim for about three years now, and I own 3 pairs of Iron Heart's since. I love iron heart and their products but after my third pair I'm finding my self kind of bored and I think it's time for me to see whats out there and try something new.

I wanted to go in more of a slubby direction as that's where my curiosity and interest has been taking me.

The thing is, is I still yearn for heavy weight denim as I really love the way it feels but I am open minded. Also construction is a huge aspect for me as I'm super active in my jeans, as they get tons of mileage when I'm out skating or biking. 

I just wanted to know what your guys' thoughts are in terms of brands and maybe your experiences, as some of you may be able to relate.

Immediately I'd think maybe you could try the new 18oz PBJs? Or if you could track them down, a pair of Samurai s5000s or 0500s from one of the older lots (17oz zero, 21 or 24oz) seems to fit exactly what you're looking for.

I also really liked my Tenders, which aren't necessarily slubby but marble really well—they're sewn with all cotton threads, however, so you'd probably need to make a lot of repairs.

Non-Japanese brands that come to mind immediately are Red Cloud and Oldblue... in my experience the Red Clouds are pretty durable; I've climbed, biked and, ah, studied in them for around 14 months and they're still holding up for the most part.

I think my primary recommendation would be to look for an old pair of Samurais if you can!

yes that's pretty much what I've been looking into, aside from the older sammy models.

From what i've seen samurai wear down pretty fast, maybe not construction wise but the way they weave their denim, I may be wrong but I'd like to know how long they really can last.

The new pbjs look crazy but their cuts aren't very catering with my body type, as I am a bit more stocky.

I've been really eyeing what's going down in the east Asian denim community, particularly the Malaysian scene.

Oldblueco, sage, hanzo, and worker shield all look really badass.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, both of these brands are awesome as I've only heard of them but haven't really done any in depth digging

@maxpower - I really dig UES's 400T and 400s so far, the red and white tabs are killer, and the fit is spot on

@Ironhorse - Damn...... that fabric is awesome, i think these may be a serious consideration for my next pair. Is there any other cuts in the Okinawa fabric?

the sc okinawas and hawaiis are indestructible. at least out of all my jeans they look like they can withstand anything even being pulled by two horses. 🙃

I checked out the sc Okinawa and Hawaii's and their both really awesome. The Hawaii fabric seems like my cup of tea.

Haha I thought asking would make things a bit easier but actually I just have even more options than I did initially haha.

Anyways thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it

The SC fabric looks really nice, but if you're still not sure about the decision I can recommend oldblue as well

The 21/23 oz held out the 2 years pretty well while hwdc2 and the 25oz I'm wearing right now are still going strong with no repairs after 7 months of wear and are starting to develop a lot of character.

They also teamed up with Indonesian leather making brand voyej to start a brand together called Blue Muscle Union, they use pretty heavy denim with slub and your type of fits as well.

@greathoudini

Thanks man that's actually quite

reassuring. Oldblueco's stuff looks amazing and I've been courious about them for awhile now; knowing their construction is good is definitely brownie points haha

I'm interested in a good off-white high top sneaker. Here's what I'm considering:

Chuck Taylor 70s Hi Top

PF Flyers Made In USA

John Lofgren/Self Edge Dessau sneaker

I'm willing to pay for any of these, but I'm interested in knowing if you guys have hands-on experience with more than one and what your suggestion is as far as the best value/recommendation.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic