SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this one, but want some confirmation.  If I wear a 30 in Okis, would I also be a 30 in Hawaii?  How about SC 1947 one wash?

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of don't know where to head next in terms of my next pair.. Currently have the PBJ contest pair and they are starting to rip everywhere. I am a skinny build. My past pairs: PBJ 011s, FH310, FH3001, Skulls S010, Samurai S0505XXII. I prefer slim tapered

I'd say go strike gold, i can't fit into them and I am always jealous of the way they turn out. 

http://corlection.com/blogs/news/116650307-the-strike-gold-2109-2-years-in-use

These are killer as fuck 

I used to be in love with strike gold, but I've since kinda changed my position. A couple pairs I've seen are completely blown out, there's no contrast left in them at all, like that pair... Almost like they're Self Edge's answer to Oni, super slubby/irregular.

Thoughts?

Also, never seen a good fit on anyone with strike golds...

^ The sweats are really nice. I bought mine in 2012 and it just gets better and better. I'm not a fan of the cuts or how they look on most people, though my tastes are for a 40s-60s cut rather than a tight, low-rise modern jean. Their denim deserves a little more credit that being labelled the Self Edge Oni...

Kind of don't know where to head next in terms of my next pair.. Currently have the PBJ contest pair and they are starting to rip everywhere. I am a skinny build. My past pairs: PBJ 011s, FH310, FH3001, Skulls S010, Samurai S0505XXII. I prefer slim tapered

Stevenson Overall Company always seemed underappreciated to me, and the 727 La Jolla fit should meet your slim tapered needs as long as the waist works (they have a somewhat larger waist than most). Great denim that's got more texture than the more subtle repro types, but not the obvious loom chatter and major slub of some of the louder brands out there. Lots of excellent little design details, too, and some of the best construction I've seen outside of the brands where only one or two people make every pair.

If you do want louder, I also think Strike Gold is pretty awesome, and always wished I could fit into their slim fits.

Strike Gold jeans often seem to have wide waists and slim legs so definitely not my cup of tea.

Exactly. To be honest, it seems like such a strange way to make jeans, to me it seems as though this would fit very few people well. So many people have to size up to make the thighs comfortable and end up with a baggy waist, who wants that?

I was interested in Evisu for a brief minute after I saw bod's pair, and I forget where I read this, but I read that Evisu purposefully makes the waists big on their pairs so that you can cinch it with a belt, like in the "good old days." I then realized it wasn't worth trying to make a fit work (that probably wouldn't anyway), especially if it's directly going against the spirit of the jeans.

This reasoning makes less sense to me though with strike gold, who is already offering non-historical fits...

My 714's just keep getting better and better. Still only a couple months of wear, but I'm falling in love. As Felonious mentioned, the details and construction are top notch.

I wish that every brand would follow Stevenson's trailblazing idea that front pockets should be comfortable to use and stick your hands into... to date, that's the only brand of jeans that I've seen that in.

Exactly. To be honest, it seems like such a strange way to make jeans, to me it seems as though this would fit very few people well. So many people have to size up to make the thighs comfortable and end up with a baggy waist, who wants that?

This is the same way I feel about the Sugarcane 2009/2014 cut.

It works for guys with beer guts and chicken legs I suppose.  :P

I was interested in Evisu for a brief minute after I saw bod's pair, and I forget where I read this, but I read that Evisu purposefully makes the waists big on their pairs so that you can cinch it with a belt, like in the "good old days." I then realized it wasn't worth trying to make a fit work (that probably wouldn't anyway), especially if it's directly going against the spirit of the jeans.

This reasoning makes less sense to me though with strike gold, who is already offering non-historical fits...

Dunno where you read this but IMO this is not true at all. A pair of Evisu 2000 or 2001 in the No.1 denim has a waist at tagged size and shrinks 2 - 2.5 " with relative big legs. So the 2001 would definitely be a pair that could be of interest for you.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic