SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I got a jeans jacket that I got a long time ago. It is nothing special but I like the fit.

I do however dislike the buttons. They feel like cheap Teflon or something. They do not weight anything. So I am thinking of changing them.

Anyone know where I can get some nice buttons? In brass, Iron or copper.

BR N

I have. I sized wrong on my Railcars so sent them in for down sizing and taper. The taper was done extremely well the waistband not so well! They came back at least one size smaller than the requested size, and it's left a tiny fold in the top corner of each of the front pockets where they join the outside leg seam. Also the fly has a little fold in now which causes it to stick out slightly. To the casual observer probably not noticeable but noticeable to me. Hardly ever wear them now. 

Gee man - thank you for the response! That helps make my decision.

Sigurd - you're going to want to apply heat to the mink oil after you applied it to melt it down and open the pores of the leather so it seeps in. Doing it before shouldn't make any difference!

Allen Edmonds makes a fine line of leather care supplies. The conditioner they offer won darken it a lot but it will some. Mink oil darkens for sure. And red wing makes a boot oil that also will darken it. those are all the brands I have personal experience with.

iCnnlhi.jpg

w1sV5zO.jpg

how is the fit on these elephant3s weirdguy.  Initially I was dissappointed I didn't get a skinny fit by not sizing down enough but I believe this is a pretty decent slim fit. I'd love to hear what y'all think to whether or not this is a decent looking fit or if the cuff is too big.  I wanted a decently big cuff with just a little stacking to get a few stack fades and was hoping it didn't look too wonky. Thanks in advance.

PS the cuff is the same in both pics just different perspective.

Edited by Karasu

Stacks and big cuffs is going to be difficult to pull off, smaller cuff and stacks would work better. One or the other I say. 

Other than that the fits good any smaller and the top block will be like ladies hipsters. WG Have low rises and sizing down to much won't work 

When you say a smaller cuff with stacks do you mean a small thick cuff with the same amount of stacking here or less or a thin small cuff with more stacking or fold once more and keep the cuff size to remove all the stacking? I'm worried about disrupting the fading already taking place but I'm also wondering if I just remove the cuff all together the stacking will be too much. But out of those options which would you think work best? Thanks again for helping me figure this out. Overall figuring out how to style these guys has been a challenging part of getting these as a present from the missus.

Edited by Karasu

hey guys am after options in (when all said and done shrinkage and stretch etc) to fit a true 32 waist and with a hem measurement of 6.5 inches or less after hemming to a 30 leg

struggling to find anything that will be around 6.5 after hemming in quality denim rather than "fashion brands"

i know there is the option of tapering after purchase but have had this done several times before and never quite happy with the way it effects the cut overall in the end so trying to get a pair that are cut the way i want from the start

any suggestions appreciated

hey guys am after options in (when all said and done shrinkage and stretch etc) to fit a true 32 waist and with a hem measurement of 6.5 inches or less after hemming to a 30 leg

struggling to find anything that will be around 6.5 after hemming in quality denim rather than "fashion brands"

i know there is the option of tapering after purchase but have had this done several times before and never quite happy with the way it effects the cut overall in the end so trying to get a pair that are cut the way i want from the start

any suggestions appreciated

Mt first thoughts are nudies, naked and famous, apc.

cheers mate yea they are the brands i am trying to stay away from, owned plenty before but after something more "proper denim"

My other thoughts are PBJ, Somet, Rogue Territory, Momotaro.

I've got a deck jacket which is slightly large in the shoulders. The outter layer is heavy cotton and the lining is wool and wedge inbetween is a water proofing material (?). Is it possible to hot soak such a jacket to fit more snug and does wool shrink at a different rate compared to cotton?

Thanks

Can someone explain how and why humidity and temperature actually changes denim fading progress? I guess there are detailed articles in of pro-denim magazines, but I couldn't google any. I hear a lot about "those lucky asian guys getting sick fades by just brushing their teeth in denim", but can't see any explanation.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic