SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Saw this post a bit late, anyway. I bought a sick jeans of Orslow back in 2011 in Tokyo. A nappy weft, double pleated denim chino cut till the ankle, tapered. Mad comfy jeans, lightweight however. I do know Tenue de Nimes are now stocking their slim fit denim and I saw some fit pics and they look f*cking epic. 

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look over on their site!

Thanks guys, as luck would have it my motorcycle battery decided today was the day it was going to die... so as much fun as push starting a motorcycle in lower Manhattan can be, I decided to only stop at SE, oh well maybe another time.

My wife is in love with the fades on my black Somet 008 denim which I've been working on for about 4 years, so was pretty disappointed when she contacted Blue in Green and discovered they only make the black version for men. Sadface.

So, I may have made some potentially unfulfillable promises to take her to a Somet store when we visit Tokyo next week. Is that store still open, and if so, does anyone have the address? Also, any leads on other stores in Tokyo that would have a decent selection of women's raw selvedge denim?

I purchased a pair of Unbranded 21 oz jeans (they are now half off at Urban Outfitters).  I have 2 questions:

1) Do they transfer or can I wear a light colored shirt or boots?

2) I got the straight fit and I normally double cuff when jeans do not taper.  Am I correct in assuming that even though these do not taper they are thick enough to hold a single cuff even after they soften up.  Want to get these hemmed before the cold sets in.

Edited by babydials

Couple things, made my first order from Japan over the weekend and used yuichi at pirates. Does EMS typically transfer to FedEx or to USPS? Secondly, how would I know if my package got held up at customs? Tracking still only shows it having left Tokyo either Monday or Tuesday. Perhaps it is still en route. Thanks guys!

It does take a couple of days to update due to air travel. Use this link to track international post, enter the tracking number and destination country and it will find your package and which courier will handle your package when it arrives in your country. Then it links you to their own website 

http://www.trackitonline.ru/

http://www.trackitonline.ru/

Has the jeans still been the same cut/quality since Heidi left? I cant really get a good answer after browsing the official thread.

I am interested in buying a Dior Homme MIJ Raw Selvedge if they have any.

I heard the Selvedge line for there MIJ Raws arent that good compared to there normal jeans. Can someone clarify this for me? I need new Raws and been very interested in getting Diors but I am afraid that the quality wont be the same as before due to a new director.

I have read that people said the silver/red selvedge jeans smell weird and the denim felt thinner according to some users.

Also. I was wondering how the Fit is vs Naked & Famous Weird guy and Skinny guy.

How much tighter is the 19 cm compared to Naked & Famous Skinny guys? Is the 21 cm fit similar to the Weird guy Fit? Or is only the leg opening different of the 2, I remember reading that the thigh sizing is the same for 19 and 21 cm just that the leg openings arent as big. I have only owned Naked and Famous Skinny guy and 7Fam Raw selvedge straight.

Edited by showbe

???

Has the jeans still been the same cut/quality since Heidi left? I cant really get a good answer after browsing the official thread.

I am interested in buying a Dior Homme MIJ Raw Selvedge if they have any.

I heard the Selvedge line for there MIJ Raws arent that good compared to there normal jeans. Can someone clarify this for me? I need new Raws and been very interested in getting Diors but I am afraid that the quality wont be the same as before due to a new director.

I have read that people said the silver/red selvedge jeans smell weird and the denim felt thinner according to some users.

Also. I was wondering how the Fit is vs Naked & Famous Weird guy and Skinny guy.

How much tighter is the 19 cm compared to Naked & Famous Skinny guys? Is the 21 cm fit similar to the Weird guy Fit? Or is only the leg opening different of the 2, I remember reading that the thigh sizing is the same for 19 and 21 cm just that the leg openings arent as big. I have only owned Naked and Famous Skinny guy and 7Fam Raw selvedge straight.

I know this isnt really the right place for this question but I also know there are a lot of musicians on here and a lot of people with good knowledge of leather, so.....

Any suggestions for a decent leather guitar strap for an acoustic?

Please note: I will be wearing denim whilst playing so hopefully that makes it somewhat relevant?

For those who have experience with blanket-lined denim jackets, how warm do they get?

I was considering ditching the winter coat this year (the coldest it gets here is low 50s F) and going for something like the Studio D'Artisan blanket-lined denim jacket with a vest underneath.

Edited by Iron Horse

I have a blanket lined jacket that is just now starting to get a bit too chilly, but that is with temperatures slighty above 0°C (32°F). So, 50°F (10°C) is certainly not too cold for a blanket lined denim jacket in my opinion. I was doing well in that jacket in those temperatures.

Does anyone have any experience in removing/sewing-on the leather patches on demin? I'm toying around with the idea of removing a patch and replacing it with another, for my own personal asthetic taste. Just wondering if this is something I could do myself, should be done by a tailor/seamstress/etc., or if it's a job for a denim shop?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic