SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I wouldn't use the words "plenty of room". They fit you well, you obviously liked them enough to fade them really nice. And as you seem to be pretty skinny, you should choose a slimmer cut then the 710s to get a slimmer Silhouette. Those look as they should.

thanks so much for your reply max!!

well as for me I think that's quite "plenty", hehe, but I know it's not that plenty compared to most of your jeans' fits max.

I think I can go with size 28 of the jeans that I'm wearing, for the fades that's the result of a whole one-year-wear with 5 washes  :D

I know most of your fits and they mostly have way more room than mine, I just think I'm not ready yet for that relaxed straight fit you're into, but maybe sometime later? who knows  :)

so then yeah maybe the s710xx model doesn't really suit me, I know a slimmer cut from samurai which is S003jp but the fading type just doesn't go with my taste, I'm really into s710xx's typical of fade.

I was interested in PBJ's xx007, but I think it's no longer around, or am I wrong?

I just wanna know if 007's fabric is the same with the 012, just with a different cut? and I'd like to know how to size on it too   :D

I'm curious about one size down on s710xx, will it be safe for long term wear? can it get any close to my jeans' fit? I only seen some preferences on beautiful_FrEaK's fit guide that gives a TTS and a Sizedown 2 which is a not-to-do thing.

Sorry for being a question-whore  :unsure:

Edited by renindra

Anyone know of a pair that is similar to the N&F Okayama Spirit's weight, texture, and loom state?

I'm interested in a tapered/slim fit.

Edited by bigblack

Wondering if anyone has any experience with OrSlow denim? Friend of mine is getting them in his shop for SS15 so I ordered a pair of 105 Used in Size 3. I'm a 32 in NS, but size charts on the line sheets and on Bureau and other sites are all different.

Saw this post a bit late, anyway. I bought a sick jeans of Orslow back in 2011 in Tokyo. A nappy weft, double pleated denim chino cut till the ankle, tapered. Mad comfy jeans, lightweight however. I do know Tenue de Nimes are now stocking their slim fit denim and I saw some fit pics and they look f*cking epic. 

Edited by UnionofArtisans

Quick question: I'll be getting a pair of raw unsanforised denim jeans soon; I'll be fine just turning them inside out and giving them a 40-degree wash with no spin instead of soaking them, won't I? I'm not bothered about ceremony, I just want to get all the shrinkage out of the way.

Mate, I've washed samurai 710xx & 5000vx plus a pair of pbj 012 (all raw, unsanforised) in a machine inside out at 40 with a little bit of APC x Aesop fine fabric care liquid - no ill effects whatsoever. I used a hand wash setting each time.

I also put the 5000vx on a spin cycle (800 revs) for agitation purposes to get a little extra shrink. This might have caused a tiny bit more indigo loss but no other noticeable effects.

My denim is washed as required (every few weeks usually) and I use this method each time.

My jeans don't really fade for shit though but I think that's more down to the easy life they have than my washing regimen...

^ ha! Truth...

for me I do quite enjoy the ritual of seeing the denim adapt and take shape in stages which is why I always go through the hassle of a soak even though I know full well they are going to end up in the machine!

Bear in mind though, it's the agitation which gets rid of the most starch and therefore allows the most shrink.

Hope you enjoy the PBJs mate that double indigo, slubby, slubby denim is really something special!

Any suggestions for a mid-rise tapered jean that's slim but not skinny (something like 10"+ rise on a size 30 with around a 6.75-7" leg opening)? So far I've found the Fullcount 1110z and Oni 527ZR that are kind of close to what I'm looking to find (1110z seems close except I'm not big of a zip fly). With the low Yen I'm probably looking to order from Japan so any other suggestions from Japanese brands would be great.

Edited by Curious_George

Any suggestions as to how I might stretch the waist on a pair of 25oz IH? They've always been about an inch smaller than I'd like, and as a result they've been hanging in the closet for a year. Normal wear isn't stretching them. I underestimated the rigidity of the denim and sized them similar to a pair of 16oz denim that mercifully stretched in the waist.

Any suggestions as to how I might stretch the waist on a pair of 25oz IH? They've always been about an inch smaller than I'd like, and as a result they've been hanging in the closet for a year. Normal wear isn't stretching them. I underestimated the rigidity of the denim and sized them similar to a pair of 16oz denim that mercifully stretched in the waist.

Try and find something solid that's similar width to your waist, i have a wooden coat hanger that works, button the jeans up and push the object in, use the object to keep the waistband under tension even when not wearing them. If the thing you use is wide enough in relation to your waist it will help. I've used this method to success in the past 

I've been wearing my first pair of raw denim now for about 3 months... just a cheap pair of Levis STF. But I'm on the hunt for a second pair. Since this is an expensive way to buy jeans (once beyond the STF), I'm trying to take my time to find the right pair. So I have two questions:

1. Are there any other Raw denim offerings in the Levi's stable? It looks like there may be, but at the same time, I'm new to it all... so maybe not?

2. If I were looking for a pair of jeans with a lower rise than the 501, what might you recommend? I'm not looking for skinny jeans, but a straight leg is fine. I like it a little more relaxed in the legs. Any ideas? Trying to not break the bank too hard.

tilmann and i had a discussion about this over pm sometime ago, if i remember correctly our consensus was that naoki measures a little bit on the smaller side if compared to BiG-style measurements. not sure about his method, though.

I've been wearing my first pair of raw denim now for about 3 months... just a cheap pair of Levis STF. But I'm on the hunt for a second pair. Since this is an expensive way to buy jeans (once beyond the STF), I'm trying to take my time to find the right pair. So I have two questions: 1. Are there any other Raw denim offerings in the Levi's stable? It looks like there may be, but at the same time, I'm new to it all... so maybe not? 2. If I were looking for a pair of jeans with a lower rise than the 501, what might you recommend? I'm not looking for skinny jeans, but a straight leg is fine. I like it a little more relaxed in the legs. Any ideas? Trying to not break the bank too hard.

I would recommend stepping up to Unbrandeds if you're trying not to break the bank. They'll fade pretty fast and they're pretty easy to grab a pair. It all depends on how much money you're will to spend of course. Or, you can always go on something like grailed and keep an eye out for something at a deal. also, try rawrdenim scout.  scout.rawrdenim.com might give you some ideas

Yeah, the Unbranded 301 sounds exactly like what you want. Rise is a bit lower than a 501, and they're straight cut. I went TTS with my pair and the top block was tight as balls at first, but they've stretched out to a point where they're comfortable and still don't need a belt to hold up.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic