SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

anyone know where i can get slim/skinny light washed denim size 28-30. less than $150, something like the apc butler

some examples of what im looking for

W2ZlLfl.jpg

$_12.JPG

not exactly what you're looking for but you could consider civilianaire's light blue rigid denim, they're more expensive tho

looking to purchase another pair of jeans after beating my APC's up the past 3-4 years now... where can I get a pair of higher quality raw denim? looking for a slim, tapered cut similar to the petit standards from APC. i've got no hard budget, but i would prefer not to spend more than ~$350.

Edited by macky

Kind of a tough one here but i'll ask anyway. Do you guys know if there any japanese brand that makes a raw/one wash jean with a fit similar to 1980s/1990s levi's 550s? Relaxed/tapered cut or how i like to call them "fat boy jeans":

-High rise;

-Relaxed all through the leg;

- Small leg opening?

I've been looking at a lot of the "straight tapered" models (evisu 2011, flathead 3012, etc...) but they all seem to start tapering too high on the leg if you know what i mean. Only one i found which seemed interesting was a pair of cav empt 1994 model jeans but from what i understand they are washed and not made with selvedge denim.

realized i didnt get all the shrinkage out of my denim from the first soak. 

how should i wash without having my fades move? just cold wash? 

Probably best to stick with a cold wash with little agitation 

Asking some pretty basic questions just for confirmation of some things before me and a friend tackle his next pair of jeans.  He got Momotaro 0702BR which is the slim straight cut from them and he has roughly a 36" waist and he had some blowouts i believe is due to a looseness back at his ass/thigh area.  SO I figured getting him something with a fuller rise would fix the problem since it would sit higher and leave less loose fabric down in that area.

Asking some pretty basic questions just for confirmation of some things before me and a friend tackle his next pair of jeans.  He got Momotaro 0702BR which is the slim straight cut from them and he has roughly a 36" waist and he had some blowouts i believe is due to a looseness back at his ass/thigh area.  SO I figured getting him something with a fuller rise would fix the problem since it would sit higher and leave less loose fabric down in that area.

I'm pretty sure that the blowouts would be a result of them being too tight rather than excess fabric. I would try a larger thigh.

usually jeans wear there because they're too tight, but as a man with no ass, I can say that excess fabric rubbing and wearing on itself can lead to the crotch/seat wearing out quicker than the rest of the jeans.    

^ Agreed. A higher rise is often accompanied by a fuller cut so this may alleviate or increase the problem, depending on the cause. In addition, a higher rise, if worn lower and slouched, could also lead to more excess fabric rubbing together between the legs and therefore further exacerbate the issue.

The thighs are not tight, the cut is actually spot on in the legs.  So I figured picking up the rise and/or taking some fabric off the thighs would take away the blow out.  It was not a stress break, the fabric was worn in in a circle which made me think it was the "No-Ass" blow out that many a men face. He ended up picking out the IHXSE-301s with the 20oz Grey weft loomstate denim

The search for my next denim is killing me. I'm a few weeks into my N&F superskinny's and they aren't 100% what I was looking for, so I'm trying to get another pair into rotation. I'm really skinny, 5'11 and 135lbs, so most fits are ridiculously baggy on me. I'm trying to find something with a leg opening under 6.5", a knee around 7", and some solid quality. Best thing I've seen so far are the rogue territory SK's..any advice?

Hi, so i need some sizing help with Rick Owens Torrence Denim.

I am size  31 in Naked and famous skinny guy and W+H denim. I can fit in a 30 but its painted on me at that point.

I cant find anything anywhere to help get an idea on the sizing of this denim.

Thanks in advance, I am in a pickle between 30 or 31.

i need a natural leather belt for my my ps. i have a size 28 and a 1 1/2 belt is too thick/wide/big for them. any suggestions?

(i know its supposed to be on the 3rd hole, just showing how big the belt is compared to the front)

I think that's hilarious. I'm not sure where you got yours but I have one I made from a blank full grain belt strip from Tandy Leather Factory. The quality is pretty good as I've had it for over a year now with zero issues. It's aging nicely I think. But more importantly, unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't look as thick as that behemoth belt you've got there.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic