SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Good eye Bobbo, those definitely look interesting.

I've looked through most of the usual suspects and the Black Marias look interesting as well.

Does Samurai do a black x black denim? I only found one model on BiG that's black x black and they're all sold out in my size.

Still, the 634s-B seems really sick.

Restocks around 2 times a year sounds about right for most brands. Momos are nice and they have some quality offerings but they can be pretty hard to size. I've heard they barely stretch, like getting half an inch in the waist would be pushing it sometimes. So you need to size right day one. Not much room for error. They're a brand I personally wouldn't buy without being able to try them on first. Denimio does offer returns though so If you order the wrong size you`re not screwed like you would be with other Japanese stores. They also don`t really have an equivalent to the XX-011, someone correct me if I`m wrong, but I have never seen a left hand twill offering from them with a grey weft. They`re also quite a bit more stubborn to fade than PBJs for most of their models with a couple exceptions. Mostly the grand indigo/deep indigo stuff. 

Edited by B-Sandy

PBJ vs Momo are not really comparable. Both high quality denim but with very different qualities. Momo have just released 2 very tapered fits that are closer to PBJ but the sizing guidance will be different as Bsandy points out

who does a good low straight with taper cut?  thinking something like the rrl low straight or somet 003 but with more taper below the knee

ideally, looking for something in a black washed denim that's more 'luxe' than super slubby (eg, somet and DH stuff, as opposed to most samurai stuff)

Can anyone suggest any jeans similar to the n&f weird guys? Most important attribute I want is a lower rise but I have good size thighs. I really like the roomy top block that tapers. I have destroyed 3 pairs of n&f weird guys in about 8 months. Love em but they are made like shit.

Ideas?

I saw the fh 3012s but they claim to be fhs tallest rise. And the sammy 701s have a great silhouette too except for the sky high rise.

Edited by MikeS

Go TTS on a pair of flathead 3002s. They're pretty similar to the weird guys but are a bit roomier in the thigh. Also the higher rise on a pair of 710s really isn't all that noticeable. A pair of sized down fullcount 1109xx might work too. Not quite a tapered as the weird guys or the 3002 but they still have a nice slim leg with a roomier thigh. 

Go TTS on a pair of flathead 3002s. They're pretty similar to the weird guys but are a bit roomier in the thigh. Also the higher rise on a pair of 710s really isn't all that noticeable. A pair of sized down fullcount 1109xx might work too. Not quite a tapered as the weird guys or the 3002 but they still have a nice slim leg with a roomier thigh.

thanks so much, ill check em out.

I've owned 2 pairs of 710s and sold both...

thanks bud!!!

^^

The SugarCane Natural Indigos would fit your description. Namely the SC40200, SC40300 or SC40400.

But they are very hard to come by these days.

^

did you order the Lightning Vintage book? I ordered it yesterday and also waiting on confirmation. I ordered from them in the past and IIRC it took them always a couple of days for the shipping notice. But once on the way, they are fast

Those Levi's are these, which I thought were natural indigo, although I could be wrong (description doesn't state if natural or synthetic):

http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/lvr0116002ind

Alternatively, you may still be able to track down a pair of LVC 1873 natural indigo, such as these (unfortunately sold out):

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=133

Good luck!

Alternatively, you may still be able to track down a pair of LVC 1873 natural indigo, such as these (unfortunately sold out):

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=133

Good luck!

Those look perfect, thanks! Guess I'll just have to hope the pop up on eBay or something

Looking for a pair of Japanese denim

-mid to high rise

-fitted in the top block/thighs

-slight taper

-overall width of legs regular to slim (not skinny or wide)

-classic 5 pocket repro

any suggestions?

How's it going??

Long time lurker first time poster

Just been working in my first pair of jeans when my singer 99 handcrank decided to stop working, I'm going to look at a singer 457 zig zag model tonight. And I can't seem to find much info.

Now I know there's a lot of dudes here who know there stuff, anybody help me out with some info?

Much appreciated!

Looking for a pair of Japanese denim

-mid to high rise

-fitted in the top block/thighs

-slight taper

-overall width of legs regular to slim (not skinny or wide)

-classic 5 pocket repro

any suggestions?

Warehouse Copper Kings?  I've been eyeing the 60s zip fly model (they also make a button fly version). The 70s one is supposed to have a little more rise than the 60s one.   

http://store.whw.jp/?pid=69131100

http://store.whw.jp/?pid=75219658

http://info.ware-house.co.jp/ck_shoes.html

How is the rise and crotch room on a pair of APC NS?

i need something for work where i move a lot and really need the room. i had N&F WG but the rise was too short and my crotch/ thigh area was a bit snug does the SLIM GUY have the same rise/top block as the Weird Guy?

i looking for something with a bit more crotch room than the WG for work, where i'll be moving around a lot,squatting and bending. i own 3 pairs of WG but they'd kill me if used for working. what do you big thigh fella's recommend 

i'm a 34 waist. i was even thinking about grabbing a pair of WG in 36 for a roomy crotch area and slightly higher rise

Edited by MosNY

how would you guys i suggest on the dior denim "jake" wash? i love how my APC petit standards fit me now but am ready to buy a new pair of jeans. if i am a size 32" waist and am looking for a slim, tapered fit should i purchase the size 33 (17.5 cm) pair or a size 31 (19 cm pair and have them tapered) ?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic