SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Noob question =/

So I got some new Jcrew 484 selvedge $225. I want the leg opening to be a little tighter, its a 14" (7") now and I want a 6" or so. My ankles are pretty tiny but I want them to be more snug almost like my joggers (obviously not skin tight) just to the extent that they aren't super floaty around my ankles when I cuff and dont wear socks. . What do I need to tell my tailor specifically?? Last time I had a pair of 3sixteen's brought in in the thigh and leg, she could only go so far on the leg opening because of the slevedge and now I won't wear them because they have a somewhat noticeable bootcut and flare out compared to the rest of the leg. I'm also concerned that with just an ankle brought in, one would think that the new aper from knee to ankle would look drastic and forced - so would a good tailor know to bring it all in to compromise for a new leg opening or am I just overanalyzing?

I'm kinda new to denim tailoring so bear with me fam, thanks!

Edited by sstevens

re flickr, u shd be able to get the bbcode from each pic uploaded on flickr, copypaste it to sufu and voila. click on the arrow sign below yr flickr pic to get the code.

I remember awhile ago there was a small company based in the U.S. that made pretty durable raw leather wallets semi-custom for a pretty good price. Anyone remember the name of this company or know of any others? I can't seem to find it using the search.

Thanks!

Edited by brainmonster

What wash or type of denim is this?

its got a small greenish tint and the rip strings are yellowed

PPE4210.png

Can anyone help me find some denim like this or let me know how to do it?

i know that these a rhude but i dont want to buy those

I remember awhile ago there was a small company based in the U.S. that made pretty durable raw leather wallets semi-custom for a pretty good price. Anyone remember the name of this company or know of any others? I can't seem to find it using the search.

Thanks!

Hollows?

Barrett Alley?

Thanks!

I've ordered a wallet, belt and key-ring lanyard at Don't Mourn Organize. Scott, the owner, delivers great products at a good price point. He can do custom orders too!

Ok people, help me out...

It's hot and stuffy in the UK right now.

Any suggestions for a lightweight summer jean that still manages to ooze texture and character? Straight with a slight taper would be favourite. I was thinking along 3 sixteen or SDA lines but am open to any ideas!

Ok people, help me out...

It's hot and stuffy in the UK right now.

Any suggestions for a lightweight summer jean that still manages to ooze texture and character? Straight with a slight taper would be favourite. I was thinking along 3 sixteen or SDA lines but am open to any ideas!

How about the 2009 and 2013 cuts from Sugarcane or something from Fullcount in their standard 13.75oz? Depends on how straight or slim you like your cuts but the denim on what I've recommended is summer-suitable. DArtisan is ultra dark and tightly-woven... I think you'd cook your legs trying to break in a pair of their standard line over the hottest months.

Nice one fellas, this is a great help! 

How about the 2009 and 2013 cuts from Sugarcane or something from Fullcount in their standard 13.75oz? Depends on how straight or slim you like your cuts but the denim on what I've recommended is summer-suitable. DArtisan is ultra dark and tightly-woven... I think you'd cook your legs trying to break in a pair of their standard line over the hottest months.

I definitely tend to err on the side of slimmer than straighter, i'm just trying to avoid anything that is stuck to my legs from the get go.

Sugarcane i'm very curious about but it's next to impossible for me to find them anywhere to try on, or at least put a hand to a pair and i'm a little reluctant to dive in without at least a bit of first hand knowledge. The brands I mentioned I can at least get to (albeit with a fair bit of effort hence the digging for help for a short list!) on my visits to London, during which I am usually in a bit of a rush.

I hadn't considered Full Count, mainly because I have previously tried on the 1108xx and absolutely loved them and they have been on my 'to buy' list ever since. I didn't think to try the standard model but will definitely give them a go - thanks.

Thanks too for the heads up on SDA - a fair point I had not taken into consideration.

Re tapered summer denim, LVC 44 or 66 or something from Ande Whall.

Maynard, I have looked into the Ande Whall route (in general not specifically for this) and admit to being very intrigued. My issue at present is that a one man effort like Ande or Roy feels somehow really 'serious' and at the moment while i'm finding my feet with this i'm just 'playing', if you know what I mean!

I don't really have much love for Levis these days i'm afraid ** ducks and runs for cover**, which is weird considering as a teen in the mid/late '80's all I wanted was a pair of 501's. Cue many visits to Camden and Kensington (RIP) Markets and American Classics. To this day I think the some of the coolest and most generation defining moments on TV were the Levis adverts of this period. The Marvin Gaye soundtrack to Mr Kamen stripping in the launderette or the guy getting his jeans from the fridge to the strains of Mannish Boy changed my whole musical direction and defined my (attempt at) style for this period and beyond. So for this I do admit to owing them a debt of gratitude. In my defence I did live in Levis for most of my early 20's... I do understand that the LVC of today will be very different from the bog standard 501's picked up from a Levis store in Croydon during the early 90's however!

I think maybe I am just a very typical Englishman, always rooting for the underdog and have been slightly soured towards Levis after recent events. I understand their stance completely but that doesn't mean I agree with it. Still what do I know, eh?!

Edit: i've just popped back over to the AW site. Hell they look good though....

Edited by Artisandenim

Are there any "made in north america" workwear brands that haven't given into the menswear craze--i.e. slim this, heroin chic that--that won't cost an arm and a leg for some work shirts, pants/jeans?

How about Taylor stitch? Kinda menswear/heritage I know, but they have decent prices. And I've been eyeballing an indigo work shirt from best made co.

Edited by SuperJackle

I mean, if you don't have a reason to wash your jeans, don't wash them. (Basically, if you just chill in them and hardly get them dirty, there's nothing to worry about.) I wear mine everywhere--work, baseball, social gatherings etc.--so I accumulate a lot of dust, dirt, debris, food, drink, wtv. Mine get washed at least once a week. I guess it also depends on why you're wearing your jeans. If you're buying $400+ jeans with the specific intent of getting sick, wicked dope fadez so that you can post pics on the internet, then I guess you need to be more cognizant of your washing methods?

Edited by TresUnCool

I'm currently looking to get a pair of PBJ xx-011, i tried on the xx-013 as they didn't have my size for the 11s, but i can't help but notice that they are loose at the calf area, which looks like a flare. I'm currently wearing APC petit new standards and love the fit, so i am looking for something similar. If i'm a size 27 for APC, what size should i get for the xx-011?

It seems like most people here wash their jeans on the reg now and even in the washer machine. Is the hold out washing for the first year sort a thing of the past now?

I think that there are enough people on here that will call out ugly-ass jeans that it may encourage a more reasonable washing routine.

Also, I like posting wicked dope fades, and with good denim more washing only makes them more wickedly dope!

What wash or type of denim is this?

its got a small greenish tint and the rip strings are yellowed

PPE4210.png

Can anyone help me find some denim like this or let me know how to do it?

i know that these a rhude but i dont want to buy those

im still looking for help on this

if any of you could help me in any amount it would be amazing

I have a question about keeping Acne Ace Cash as dark as possible. I know the general knowledge is wait as long as possible before first wash, but isn't this so you get a good natural fade upon first washing? Has anyone tried washing early to lock in the color? The problem for me with not washing is I like how the Ace fits a lot better after the first wash. I have an older pair that faded a ton the first time I washed it (but fit way better) after about 6 months of wear. Just got a fresh pair and trying to preserve it.

Came across this site as well which recommends for keeping jeans dark, wash once after only a few wears with some vinegar. Anyone try this?
http://www.dutildenim.com/pages/denim-care

Edited by Ryoanji

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with the Williamsburg Garment Co. Grand Street? In particular I'd like to know about the sizing as I'm generally a 32 but could only get em in a 33. They were on sale for like $50 on Opening Ceremony so I figured why not.   

New here, looking to buy a good pair of jeans. eyeing the Levi's 510 Rigid dragon but have a few questions

first and foremost: is it raw/rinsed or is it a dark wash? I have had washed jeans and want something that will fade well.

additionally if you have any recommendation for skinny jeans that are good quality and can be had for around $50 US or less, that would be fantastic. they must be available in 32/34 or even better 31/34. they should be a lightweight denim. 10 to 14 oz, and they absolutely must have spandex(elastane). I will be commuting by bike and need jeans that fit tight so they don't get caught in the chain, but must also move with me.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic