SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Last time I shipped something to the US, the tracking stopped at the border and you have to track the package through the official homepage of the company that does the shipping in the US. Could be USPS. You certain it was Deutsche Post and not DHL? You bought them from Max Power, right? :)

Yup. Been tracking on deustche post site.

rg790097707de

via www.deutschepost.de/briefstatus

Maybe you see something we don't?

EDIT:

http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do;jsessionid=2952FDDE29235B82645D49C9C28C8FBC

The DHL link with the tracking worked. I'm assuming DHL is delivering which would explain the long delay. All must be ok.

Edited by cmboland

They do fit true to size. They're definitely not as skinny as the 510, but if you went for the chelsea cut you wouldn't regret it. They will most likely stretch over time, you might ask in the left field thread to get some info from people who have owned that specific denim. I have a pair of the green weft and I love them.

edit: the 29 might give you the skinnier fit you're looking for, too.

Thanks, I went with the 29, fits great! 

Please can someone help me out here!?

my dad wants some selvedge denim, and he basically only wears Levis 505 off the shelf at Sears or wherever, so I am trying to find the closest fit to those as I can't find those 505s in any kinda good denim. Anyone have suggestions? It's for Christmas and I gotta order soon.

anyone familiar with Item Denim at all? Trying to find info online and not seeing much.

http://www.itemdenim.com/index.html

I'm not familiar with them, but they seem like bullshit if you're interested.  The fact that "DO NOT MACHINE WASH RAW DENIM" is so large on the description leads me to not take them seriously.... and their "description" of the jeans is really dumb too.

Saw a dude in new cross with the best jeans. I need to know these jeans.

Slim fit.

Plain back pockets. Corners side stitching got wider at the top as if around a hidden bar tack.

Green line selvedge. A green thread running though white.

Heavy denim, at least 14oz.

Smooth, not hairy.

Quite large warp threads.

Holla any suggestions.

Saw a dude in new cross with the best jeans. I need to know these jeans.

Slim fit.

Plain back pockets. Corners side stitching got wider at the top as if around a hidden bar tack.

Green line selvedge. A green thread running though white.

Heavy denim, at least 14oz.

Smooth, not hairy.

Quite large warp threads.

Holla any suggestions.

They may have been the slim Full Counts (1653?) produced exclusively for BiG with the remainder of the 15.5oz competition denim. There are none left at BiG now but search the Full Count thread for pics/details. I think a few pairs pop up on Supermarket now and then as they are often a little too slim and low-rise for the unsuspecting purchasers!

To the redwing on snow, ice slip question...rw makes a sole that is "non slip" on many of their medium ramge work boots for work on oily floors, it is also very good in wet and icy weather. I wear it quite often.

I'm having an issue using Google Chrome on the Global Rakuten site - when I select an item to view details, the page comes up blank. Happens with any item from any store. I can go the Global Rakuten home page and do a search, but can't select an item. 

I don't have problems using Chrome on any other sites. 

I don't have problems with IE11 on the Global Rakuten site. But Chrome does a decent job of translating with it's built-in translator. Haven't figured out how to translate with IE11... I can copy/paste the URL from Chrome to IE11 and the page will work. 

Anyway, does anyone have a solution? Thanks. mpp

A question for euro based members, is €200 a good price for a new pair of Red Wing 8890 in Charcoal. There's a shop where I live has them on sale, I didn't check sizes or anything, just thought I ask on here first to see if it's a good deal. Also, I take it they're a good boot althought I've never been totally convinced with those white soles but I have a feeling once they're broken in they would grow on me.

I'm trying to figure out why both my pair of raws have blown out on me so quick. My first pair was Nudie Grim Tims that didn't turn out too well but good starter pair, but the crotch blew out at the ~5 month mark. My current ones are PBJ 007's that are absolutely amazing fit and fade wise but the crotch blew out significantly at about ~7 months and I've had them rebuilt twice and about to have them shipped to a better repair shop. I didn't do a soak or wash on either of mine from new, and the PBJ's I washed once at the ~5 month mark.

Do I need a better fit with wider thighs or heavier denim or am I waiting to long to wash? I wanna figure out what I'm doing wrong before I grab a new pair cause I want my denim to last.

I'm looking for some thick wool socks to help break in some boots. Any recommendations welcome..

Check out Darn Tough Socks out of Vermont. BEST wool socks I have ever owned. Period. Far better than Smartwool, Ice Breaker, Dahlgrehn, Carhartt, etc. 

I'm trying to figure out why both my pair of raws have blown out on me so quick. My first pair was Nudie Grim Tims that didn't turn out too well but good starter pair, but the crotch blew out at the ~5 month mark. My current ones are PBJ 007's that are absolutely amazing fit and fade wise but the crotch blew out significantly at about ~7 months and I've had them rebuilt twice and about to have them shipped to a better repair shop. I didn't do a soak or wash on either of mine from new, and the PBJ's I washed once at the ~5 month mark.

Do I need a better fit with wider thighs or heavier denim or am I waiting to long to wash? I wanna figure out what I'm doing wrong before I grab a new pair cause I want my denim to last.

blowouts happen due to the fit, how you wear them, how you sized them, and how you're built too. i like my jeans in a slim straight fit and i have thicker thighs which usually results in the crotch area wearing thin quicker. picture of how your jeans fit?

blowouts happen due to the fit, how you wear them, how you sized them, and how you're built too. i like my jeans in a slim straight fit and i have thicker thighs which usually results in the crotch area wearing thin quicker. picture of how your jeans fit?

I meant to do this a long time ago with my nice camera, but here is a quick one of my fit for these guys. Would love all the advice I could get, I'm retiring this pair tonight cause the left thigh broke open again so they are done until I get them repaired again.

IMG_0632_zps6beef6b0.jpg

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic