SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

anyone recognize these jeans? Or know where I could get the specifics. Where the denim is from, the weight of the denim, where they were made, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEVIS-LVC-REDLINE-Cure-JAPAN-RAW-SELVEDGE-APC-Iron-NAKED-Heart-Flathead-29-28-/111194841654?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item19e3baa236

I was talking about denim, I have a pair of Left fields that are much rougher on the outside than the inside.

Samurai describes their method as a 4 5 thread difference or something like that...from what i remember reading.  They use different gauge threading for the warp and weft it may also have to do with the tightness of the weft threading and the difference in size

Samurai describes their method as a 4 5 thread difference or something like that...from what i remember reading.  They use different gauge threading for the warp and weft it may also have to do with the tightness of the weft threading and the difference in size

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

anyone recognize these jeans? Or know where I could get the specifics. Where the denim is from, the weight of the denim, where they were made, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEVIS-LVC-REDLINE-Cure-JAPAN-RAW-SELVEDGE-APC-Iron-NAKED-Heart-Flathead-29-28-/111194841654?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item19e3baa236

Also while I'm here, those appear to be from Levi's now-discontinued Selvage Goods line (at least the jeans in the pictures). 

It also looks like this particular model is known for their AMAZING HONEY COMB FADES!!! ;)

Also while I'm here, those appear to be from Levi's now-discontinued Selvage Goods line (at least the jeans in the pictures). 

It also looks like this particular model is known for their AMAZING HONEY COMB FADES!!! ;)

What I was wondering is if the selvedge was from Cone or if it is from a prefecture in Japan(since it says Japan raw selvedge) and yea I'm totally stoked about the righteous honeycomb potential myself.

What I was wondering is if the selvedge was from Cone or if it is from a prefecture in Japan(since it says Japan raw selvedge) and yea I'm totally stoked about the righteous honeycomb potential myself.

I'm not sure. I want to say the salesman (at Levi's Meatpacking in NYC) said that it was japanese denim, but it was never clear which mill it came from.

My first pair of raw denim was from that line, and they did fade pretty well, so I too can attest to that attribute ;)

Hey altoclefchris, just this one - The jacket was shown on Denimbro. I look at the site once a week but have never joined so cannot post the question. thanks

47f18507-6efa-4c7a-bab9-67d2e0404f4a_zps

Pretty sure this is it...

http://www.misterfreedom.com/chaparral-blouse-brown.html

Hey guys. Planning to buy Dior Homme denim. My first one. I've been only buying and exclusively wearing APCs for quite some time now.. So question is how is APC sizing (Petit new standard in particular, love the fit) comparable to Dior Homme?

Thanks!!

My denim life has proceeded as such

Wal-Mart Jeans -> Target Jeans -> Levi's Jeans -> Cheap monday raws (got like 3 pairs for $15) -> N&F raws

Where should I go next? I'd like to keep them under 200, I'd like them to be naturally cut thin with a very long inseam (34 or 36). N&F has this strange flare with their skinny guys, the opening is just way too big and I have to taper them, but i dont mind tapering. I also dont like N&Fs huge seat, I'd like to show off my buns a bit more

where go for good <$250 denim that will last me years, that i can taper to the actual circumference of each of my leg parts, preferrably low rise to hide my wide hips. I live in Canada

Hey guys- can anyone tell me if there are any good 17oz+ pairs out there for sub $300? And not NF or unbranded. Preferably a fuller cut. I would be totally down for either 11bsp or the IH 634s but don't really have the budget for either. Any input would be great!

Hey guys- can anyone tell me if there are any good 17oz+ pairs out there for sub $300? And not NF or unbranded. Preferably a fuller cut. I would be totally down for either 11bsp or the IH 634s but don't really have the budget for either. Any input would be great!

Red Cloud and Co. does a 17oz denim for around $220. You coup also check out some of the indonesian brands, they're typically pretty inexpensive.

Hey guys. Planning to buy Dior Homme denim. My first one. I've been only buying and exclusively wearing APCs for quite some time now.. So question is how is APC sizing (Petit new standard in particular, love the fit) comparable to Dior Homme?

Thanks!!

Dior is more TTS than APC, if you size down 2 in APC, size down 1 on dior.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a tailor service that is able to handle selvedge denim and regular washed denim? I live all the way from Florida, but I simply don't have much trust in these local tailors. 

there's denim therapy and also railcar takes in mail in orders for tapering, repairs, etc 

I recently purchased the Naked & Famous Weird guy vintage dungaree selvedge TAPERED. They were on sale for $81 on Nordstrom online. The inseam is 32". I'm wondering if the inseam will be too short as I am 6 feet tall. Will the inseam look okay with my height? Will the inseam shrink when I soak or wash in the future? Feedback/help appreciated 

Edited by Wasianman

I recently purchased the Naked & Famous Weird guy vintage dungaree selvedge TAPERED. They were on sale for $81 on Nordstrom online. The inseam is 32". I'm wondering if the inseam will be too short as I am 6 feet tall. Will the inseam look okay with my height? Will the inseam shrink when I soak or wash in the future? Feedback/help appreciated 

Just measure a pair of jeans you already own and compare inseams. Since they're sanforized they'll barely shrink at at. At most you could lose an inch or so with a hot machine wash and if you throw them in the dryer after. Hang dry instead and pull on the inseams while damp to stretch them back out if you're worried. 

The reason why I went with raw denim is because of the availability of jeans with long inseams. If I was a lil shorter, I'd be rockin LVC or RRL washed models right now.

So I tried raw denim and it's just not for me. It's convenient because you can just wear one pair of quality jeans almost everyday but the bleeding process is really annoying to me. Plus, I want my jeans to look sexy right now and be able to switch between diff styles.

So I ask your help, sufu, is there washed denim out there for a tall ass nigga like me?

If I wear size 24 APCs, what are other brands that make jeans I should check out? (Based on how APC sizes things I'm guessing i'm actually a size 26.) I'm not a big fan of APC, but it seems like there isn't much choice if you want jeans in sizes smaller than 28.

The reason why I went with raw denim is because of the availability of jeans with long inseams. If I was a lil shorter, I'd be rockin LVC or RRL washed models right now.

So I tried raw denim and it's just not for me. It's convenient because you can just wear one pair of quality jeans almost everyday but the bleeding process is really annoying to me. Plus, I want my jeans to look sexy right now and be able to switch between diff styles.

So I ask your help, sufu, is there washed denim out there for a tall ass nigga like me?

You may be in the wrong place... but I had similar problems before trying raw denim. It looks like nudie offers a lot of their washed/pre-distressed offerings with longer inseams. What specifically do you mean by "washed?"

My denim life has proceeded as such

Wal-Mart Jeans -> Target Jeans -> Levi's Jeans -> Cheap monday raws (got like 3 pairs for $15) -> N&F raws

Where should I go next? I'd like to keep them under 200, I'd like them to be naturally cut thin with a very long inseam (34 or 36). N&F has this strange flare with their skinny guys, the opening is just way too big and I have to taper them, but i dont mind tapering. I also dont like N&Fs huge seat, I'd like to show off my buns a bit more

where go for good <$250 denim that will last me years, that i can taper to the actual circumference of each of my leg parts, preferrably low rise to hide my wide hips. I live in Canada

Skinny guys have what too big?  I wear a size 28 and I assure you the leg opening is plenty small.  Also I don't feel they have a huge seat they are considerably low rise and plenty tight through the whole jean.  Your size may have been slightly off or something, but that aside Nudies offers enough cuts and sizes for you to play with inside of your price range go look through the cuts in the comparison widget they have and play around with the sizes until you find a combo of leg opening, rise, and taper that suits you you sound like a person who would like anything to the left of the Grim Tim cut minus the Thin Finn.

Hello

I need help to finding the right very, very slim/skinny selvedge jeans.

I bought an Iron Heart 555-01, donsized 2, hoping they look skinny... but had no luck.

i have an apc petit standard, downsized 3, fits perfect, but the leg from knee down to leg-opening is still a bit too wide for my taste.

Can you maybe suggest me some other jeans or raw selvedge denim which are super skinny and around
12 oz to 18 oz?

I want a skinnier fit than APC petit standard...

thx for your help :)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic