SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

lol how do you guys do it? I guess back-rise comes into play too.

Im looking for a roomy seat/thigh with fitted legs.

My momotaro 1005sp are 29 waist, 11rise and 11.9 thigh and its pushing it. My waist feels perfect but, my seat is jusst right and thighs are just cutting it. I think the backrise is a little tight. I like a roomier seat though, and a slight taper need down (as opposed to straight).

I looked at NF Regular guy, as the rise is slightly longer and thigh just a touch bigger but, Im scared the cut will be too similar.

I may just have to buy denim and get them tailored slightly.

If you really want a fitted leg that might be a requirement. The thigh and rise you want are much more characteristic of a looser fit. Tapered pairs rarely have a larger seat thigh. You might want to check out both the pure blue japan xx-03 and 09, the thigh is closer to what you want but the rise is still lower than what you want . They're a fuller cut with a bit of a taper but not as much as actual slim cuts. Edited by B-Sandy

If you really want a fitted leg that might be a requirement. The thigh and rise you want are much more characteristic of a looser fit. Tapered pairs rarely have a larger seat thigh. You might want to check out both the pure blue japan xx-03 and 09, the thigh is closer to what you want but the rise is still lower than what you want . They're a fuller cut with a bit of a taper but not as much as actual slim cuts.

I had a pair of those at one point too, the front rise was small, the calf area was tightt (basketball calfs) and it was just an awkward fit overall. I've spent too much buying/returning now, looking for the right pair. Chances are I'll have to do some tailoring to the legs of a pair I like.  Rise+Thigh are my priority. I can deal with knee and hem.

I'm the process of leaning up as well since I've returned to the gym, so that'll help alleviate the rise and thigh fits over time. My momotaros should fit better overtime as well. It's just my thigh/hip area is thick, and the rest of me is lean. Shopping in general is mission.

Edited by PhillyFresh

I feel your pain dude, have you considered FC 1101 - very tapered with roomy top block.

haha I have, as well as the 0105. I didnt want FullCount denim but, it doesnt look like I have much choice.  Thanks for the suggestion

Edit: Part two of my question:

Are there brands whose waist notably stays in tact and doesn't tend to stretch too much from post-shrink size? This is another issue i've had over time.

And on the flipside..which brands are known to stretch a lot?

Edited by PhillyFresh

I'm also trying to find a new pair that has a wide waist but tapered below the knee, the apc x kanye jean would be ideal but they are out of the question (way too expensive). I've had everything from Triple Works to Flat Heads, Samurais, Sugar Canes, but nothing fit me better than my APC NS. I'm debating ordering a new pair and sizing up two in order to get the room in the waist that I need but I wanted to ask here first in case anybody knows of a pair that fits similar to NS but more like the kanye jeans.

I'm also trying to find a new pair that has a wide waist but tapered below the knee, the apc x kanye jean would be ideal but they are out of the question (way too expensive). I've had everything from Triple Works to Flat Heads, Samurais, Sugar Canes, but nothing fit me better than my APC NS. I'm debating ordering a new pair and sizing up two in order to get the room in the waist that I need but I wanted to ask here first in case anybody knows of a pair that fits similar to NS but more like the kanye jeans.

Aren't they vanity sized? When I looked at size charts for them (because i was very curious about NS) they seemed like an odd fit. Maybe i'll check again.

recently bought my first pair of unsanforized black denim and even after a hot and cold wash, inseam is 37"...to hem or to stack?

wear a ~32" inseam on dress trousers worn low, and 34" commonly on more relaxed stuff (basic, non-crazy stacks), also worn low.

to hem or not to hem?

Hi

I went to a second hand shop run by a church here in Göteborg Sweden and found two pairs of NOS Lee jeans.

First pair is a pair of Lee 101Z with all tags left I think these might be from the 60-70s but I hope someone on here can help me date them and maybe tell me roughly whats the value, the size is 42/34

Second pair is a pair of carpenters pants with all tags left exept one, these are size 42/28 I do not know what the model is called but I found a tag inside one of the rear pockets.

Here is a link to some pictures https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ag7213ildnw1jb6/R6ejbO1fVp

I paid 4 euros for both of them which I think was a steal even though they are more than 10 inches to big for me. I want to know if there is any value in them and in that case maybe trade them for something that does fit me. Otherwise I might sew a bag out of the fabric or just keep them for my collection.

So please help me identify the models, years and value

Does anybody have a idea what type of jeans Scott Disick usualy wears? I see allot of Balmain, but I really like the fit of the normal jeans he wears.

Here are some links:

http://www.upscalehy...=3&p=full121763

http://www.upscalehy...=5&p=full117951

http://www.upscalehy...=7&p=full108856

I usually wear a size 32 but I took a chance of getting a 29 in A.P.C is there any way I can get them to stretch to my size I can get them to the 2nd button but its tight AF LOL or am i forever unable to button the top button??

I usually wear a size 32 but I took a chance of getting a 29 in A.P.C is there any way I can get them to stretch to my size I can get them to the 2nd button but its tight AF LOL or am i forever unable to button the top button??

Apcs are vanity sized so that 29 actually measures somewhere between a 30-31. The 32s you wear are also most likely vanity sized and probably measure around a 34 or more based on how tight you say the Apcs are. They will not stretch enough to be comfortable. Sell them and cut your losses.

I've tried googling this but haven't gotten a solid answer.

Sweating in raw denim, does that ruin the process for developing solid fades? I've always skated in my raw denim and noticed that I haven't really ever developed the strongest honey combs on my denim. Could sweat be the problem? If not then forgive me.

I don't think that sweating has any negative effects on raw denim other than contributing to a bad smell.  it's surprising that your combs wouldn't be super defined considering how much crouching is involved in skating, but maybe it's because they're looser than some of the pairs on here?

I don't think that sweating has any negative effects on raw denim other than contributing to a bad smell.  it's surprising that your combs wouldn't be super defined considering how much crouching is involved in skating, but maybe it's because they're looser than some of the pairs on here?

Word. I've got creases for sure, just little to no evo on most pairs.

Never got an answer or any feedback. Any input is appreciated!

I read somewhere that when you first wear your pair of raw denim to not cuff to get the most out of stacks...something along those lines. Then after the first soak or wash, proceed to cuff. Any feedback is appreciated!!

Basically, if you cuff enough that there is no break there will be no stacks because the inseam of the denim will end before it has a chance to hit your feet, thereby folding up... if you want stacks then you need to have your denim longer than your actual inseam and just leave it with no cuff.

Doing these things before/after washing will make no difference as stacking just depends on how long the effective inseam is.  

If you're talking about shirting fabrics and things like that, sometimes they call something brushed where they do it to just one side of the fabric.  Don't know exactly what that entails but I'm pretty sure it's not related to the weft...

If you're talking about shirting fabrics and things like that, sometimes they call something brushed where they do it to just one side of the fabric.  Don't know exactly what that entails but I'm pretty sure it's not related to the weft...

I was talking about denim, I have a pair of Left fields that are much rougher on the outside than the inside.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic