SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Anyone can help me? I stay in Singapore, or can I get it locally???

I don't think you're going to be able to find those anymore. I believe it was a limited run and, with a quick search, it appears that all of the sites that I used to see them on have discontinued them.  They're nice pants though.  I've got mine on right now.

I don't think you're going to be able to find those anymore. I believe it was a limited run and, with a quick search, it appears that all of the sites that I used to see them on have discontinued them.  They're nice pants though.  I've got mine on right now.

Okok, btw what's the fitting of 101z 23oz? Is it skinny or slim fit?

1. I have a budget of SGD $600 and I am looking for a raw denim that is above 21oz (currently I already have an unbranded skinny 21oz in waist 33) I also have a weird guy ele 3 in waist 32 and I want something that will be similar fitting to these two jeans.

am thinking about the Lee 101z 23oz but got no chance to try it as I suppose Singapore don't stock them and also I am considering the IH 666 XHS but then again its out of stock in Singapore gotta wait for the new shipment to be in then I can try it IRL.

so what other brands do u guys recommend?

Is there any good selvedge denim with some spandex or something stretch? I need em in a fuller cut too. Having no luck finding anything. 

Nothing with spandex in it is anything I would call good...inherently.  You're less likely to find spandex in fuller cuts than in the skin tight cuts that spandex is in some ways useful with.  

What is it that you are trying to achieve, perhaps its something that could be addressed with the right combination of cut and denim without spandex.

Nothing with spandex in it is anything I would call good...inherently.  You're less likely to find spandex in fuller cuts than in the skin tight cuts that spandex is in some ways useful with.  

What is it that you are trying to achieve, perhaps its something that could be addressed with the right combination of cut and denim without spandex.

Thanks for the info. I just have a hard time being comfortable in jeans now a days, I'm 5'7 195lbs and powerlift so I have a lot of size in my legs. Right now the only pair of jeans that I have which I like are my Iron Hearts 634S in 36. But I would like something with a tad slimmer profile that is not extremely constricting, so I thought a stretch denim might be nice. Slim profile to me is still a large cut though. I've tried a lot of stuff from Sugar Can 1947, various Samurais, various Levis repros, etc. 

Thanks for the info. I just have a hard time being comfortable in jeans now a days, I'm 5'7 195lbs and powerlift so I have a lot of size in my legs. Right now the only pair of jeans that I have which I like are my Iron Hearts 634S in 36. But I would like something with a tad slimmer profile that is not extremely constricting, so I thought a stretch denim might be nice. Slim profile to me is still a large cut though. I've tried a lot of stuff from Sugar Can 1947, various Samurais, various Levis repros, etc. 

The 1947s were one of the directions I was thinking of guiding you...they are a killer cut for all sorts of body types, and if you've got big enough legs can actually be a pretty slim and fitted cut.  What size did you try?  A potential solution along these lines could be trying to track down a pair of 3sixteen CL-100x which fits very similar to a 1947, but uses 3sixteens proprietary denim from Kuroki that used O/E spun weft yarns and are thusly very soft.

If you like the denim on the Iron Hearts, maybe dialing in the right size for you in a pair of Beatle Busters would do the trick?  More taper than the 634s for a given thigh measurement.

30bsp from 3sixteen also has a fairly large top block with a significant taper.  If you sized it the same as your 634s, I imagine it would achieve what you are looking for at least in terms of silhouette.  

Does it seem like the discomfort you are experiencing is coming mostly from the cut of the jeans, the hand of the fabric, or incidental things like the seams rubbing against your legs?

The 1947s were one of the directions I was thinking of guiding you...they are a killer cut for all sorts of body types, and if you've got big enough legs can actually be a pretty slim and fitted cut.  What size did you try?  A potential solution along these lines could be trying to track down a pair of 3sixteen CL-100x which fits very similar to a 1947, but uses 3sixteens proprietary denim from Kuroki that used O/E spun weft yarns and are thusly very soft.

If you like the denim on the Iron Hearts, maybe dialing in the right size for you in a pair of Beatle Busters would do the trick?  More taper than the 634s for a given thigh measurement.

30bsp from 3sixteen also has a fairly large top block with a significant taper.  If you sized it the same as your 634s, I imagine it would achieve what you are looking for at least in terms of silhouette.  

Does it seem like the discomfort you are experiencing is coming mostly from the cut of the jeans, the hand of the fabric, or incidental things like the seams rubbing against your legs?

Thanks again! The 1947s I had were a size 34. I think a 36 would be better, I bought them years ago when I fit into them. That pair of 3-sixteen sounds nice, something of a soft denim with a lighter weft would be nice. 

I'll check the measurments for 30bsp, I think I'm looking for something with more of a taper than what my Iron Hearts are. They are great though, just the 9.5" leg opening can eat up some shoes, look great with my Aldens though. 

Discomfort is mostly from the cut of the jeans and a hard time locating a good fit. Always seems like either the wasit, front rise, back rise, thigh is too small. I need something like 12.5" front rise, 17" back rise, 13.5" thigh, 8.75 leg opening. The Iron Hearts I have are 21oz but they are so soft it makes them comfortable. 

Edited by ColdsnapBryan

Just a quick question I was hoping to get some help on.

Managed to find a pair of Levi 501xx (47501.0073) in good condition.

However on closer inspection I see the label is in Chinese (or possibly Japanese)

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also the red tab is missing, I'm assuming its been taken off as I believe the '47 had the Big E tag on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

I support the idea of the Beatle Buster if you want something with some weight.  I think they have just enough taper to keep a slim profile while maintaining a roomy top block.  But measurements will tell you faster and better than a lot of things whether it is a good idea even.

Hi there gents, I have a 3sixteen field jacket from '08 I think. Love the fit except the shoulders are a little too big and kind of slouchy. Is it possible to have a tailor take it in at the shoulders? I know with structured materials like a wool pea coat its too difficult, however this is cotton (poly liner I think?). Any insight? Thanks guys.

How do I keep the dark color in my jeans while making them shrink at the waist? My Naked & Famous SuperSkinnyGuy Left Hand Twill's fit great at the beginning, but the waist has stretched out too much. I don't want to get it tailored before a wash.

I have Woolite Black to retain some color. Should I use slightly warm water?

Edited by landa

How do I keep the dark color in my jeans while making them shrink at the waist? My Naked & Famous SuperSkinnyGuy Left Hand Twill's fit great at the beginning, but the waist has stretched out too much. I don't want to get it tailored before a wash.

I have Woolite Black to retain some color. Should I use slightly warm water?

It's gonna lose colour one way or another. It's part of the process. A cold soak will prevent the loss of too much colour but, for shrinkage you're gonna need to use hot water.

You could hot soak JUST the waist/top block (waist, rise) area, and you'll shrink those as much as possible without effect the rest but, I'm pretty sure N&F is sanforized? So not sure how much more it'l shrink... sorry

I have a question though:

I'm looking for denim with a roomy top block (rise and thighs) with fitted or tapered legs. Anything? rise of at least 11.25. Anything less just crushes me.

Thanks!

^ Imperial shearers. Slim tapered leg with a higher rise and a bit of room in the thigh. 710s might work too if those are too slim on the legs. To know for sure you'd need to provide your waist size.

^ Imperial shearers. Slim tapered leg with a higher rise and a bit of room in the thigh. 710s might work too if those are too slim on the legs. To know for sure you'd need to provide your waist size.

Waist is 29-30. I looked at 710s but the rise wont cut it.

I got Momotaro 1005SP and the rise/thigh are just barely cutting it. but I'm not liking the look. I need more thigh/rise.

Waist is 29-30. I looked at 710s but the rise wont cut it.

I got Momotaro 1005SP and the rise/thigh are just barely cutting it. but I'm not liking the look. I need more thigh/rise.

A size 28 sanforized pair of shearers has a 29 waist, 11 inch thigh, and a 11.9 rise. Don't know many other slim cuts that have that high of a rise, I wear a 35-36 waist and the highest rise I own is still under 11 inches.

Edited by B-Sandy

A size 28 sanforized pair of shearers has a 29 waist, 11 inch thigh, and a 11.9 rise. Don't know many other slim cuts that have that high of a rise, I wear a 35-36 waist and the highest rise I own is still under 11 inches.

lol how do you guys do it? I guess back-rise comes into play too.

Im looking for a roomy seat/thigh with fitted legs. 

My momotaro 1005sp are 29 waist, 11rise and 11.9 thigh and its pushing it. My waist feels perfect but, my seat is jusst right and thighs are just cutting it. I think the backrise is a little tight. I like a roomier seat though, and a slight taper need down (as opposed to straight).

I looked at NF Regular guy, as the rise is slightly longer and thigh just a touch bigger but, Im scared the cut will be too similar.

I may just have to buy denim and get them tailored slightly.

Edited by PhillyFresh

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic