SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

With talk of crotch rivets in the air, Can somebody answer this vague question.
around 2004 i bought some raw 2002era 201,s from ebay UK seller for £88 from a £15 start 100% seller everything screamed legit. One of the last LVC items i bought.

Got them home immediately noticed no crotch rivet, otherwise they was perfect in every way, inside label,sticker,tags all perfect. Too good to be Thai fakes they appeared to be legit LVC 201,s without the crotch rivet. Self doubt crept in and i sent them back to the seller. I would still swear to this day they were kosher. Did any 201,s get through Levis quality control without the rivet?

Of course it's possible, they may have been seconds, having failed a QC check or the rivet could have simply fallen off at any time, which is what happened with my first pair of 1915s (on the cinch strap) when I received them. I got a discount from the shop, some new rivets from LVC and attached it myself in a very agricultural manner.

The question is, and this should interest Hoggy, was there a hole where the rivet should have been?

You'll stop noticing a crotch rivet on your jeans after having it there a week, and you won't "perceive" it even if you are commando, and even if you didn't it wouldn't necessarily be something bad, unless you had been standing near a serious heat source.  Just don't buy jeans with crotch rivets, and if there is a jean you really want that has a crotch rivet, think of it as an exercise in restraining your neurotic tendencies.

Just got my first pair of APCs, skin tight through the leg but the lady at Barneys told me they'll stretch out in the  thigh and waist (as we all know) what I really wanted to ask about is cuffing. First of all do you guys cuff? And on my Levis 508s that I cuffed the cuff ended up being bigger than I wanted. If I cuff the apcs is the denim stiff enough that the cuff wont move around a lot? 

These are from a couple years ago but just wondering if anyone knew more on these pair of Academis. Worn 1.5-2 years with multiple washes. 

20130710_172350_zpsa1f7dda4.jpg20130710_172406_zpsbf8a4788.jpg20130710_172425_zps7e5f522f.jpg20130710_172523_zps8c99cb87.jpg

You have done that the hard way, Removing rivets is simple just hit it with a center punch then drill the center out with a 1/16 drill and it just falls off. 30 second job at the most.

Option2) paint the rivet with indigo coloured enamel paint.

Heh you really dont even need to punch it. A normal power drill will take a rivet out in about 5 seconds.

Hoggy, don't make the mistake of buying inferior jeans just because they don't have a crotch rivet. Crotch rivets are one of my favourite features and I wish all my pairs had one. Seriously, think it over and learn to love the rivet. How often are you going to be commando and crouching around a camp fire? Really? You've been told! ;)

Hi guys,

This is my first post but I've been lurking here for a while. I was wondering if someone can give me some advise. I'm considering buying either Pure Blue Japan or Momotaro jeans. Can someone advise as to what model would be similar to APC new standards? 

Thanks in avance.

Ah, good tip. Didn't have either tool to hand which was a problem, but a good tip still.

I wish I had thought of that at the time. I have a powerdrill. Still, I'll know for next time  :wacko:

Make your mind up do you have a drill or not?

The punch is just to make sure the drill bit does not fly off at a tangent and ruin your jeans for people who are unskilled in the powertool department (a nail will do the same job,) 1/16 is the diameter of the drill bit and a drill or powerdrill is the same thing.

^ agreed, but for me it depends on the fit of the jean modulo the shirt and shoes that I am wearing. For example, I left the inseam long on my SExIH07's so that I could stack. Looked great (with most of my wardrobe) so I didn't mess. My IHxINDOs, which on paper have nearly the same dimensions, looked sloppy stacked up, so I hemmed them a second time. Now when I wear the INDOs with some of my flatter shoes, I find myself doing a single cuff. Maybe its just the summer?

Point is: If I were you, I'd leave 'em long to check if you like them stacked. Hemming them to your proper inseam can make a huge difference in how you perceive the fit. So if you like the other ways the jean fits (waist, thigh, rise, knee) and are unhappy with the stack, then having them hemmed short is a good option.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic