SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I´m from Madrid and here there is only one shop specialized in raw denim (http://www.concretemadrid.com). The owner is a taylor and he makes bespoke denim jeans, shirts and jackets with japanese and american fabrics. He makes also very nice chinos dyed with coffee, curry,... He has a very artistic denim concept.

My favourite shop in Madrid is called Sportivo. (http://www.gruposportivo.com) with brands like YMC, folk, libertine libertine,... They aren´t specialized in denim but they have jeans by Levis vintage and Naked and famous.

Other nice stores in Madrid are Sup&Rem (with paul smith jeans and nudie) and other brands like Commes des Garçons, Wood Wood,... and Clean (that sell apc jeans).

Is totally impossible to find heavyweight raw denim in Spain and I don't know that there is a store selling japanese brands. All cool stores here sell nudie jeans.

Thanks for the great advice. Guess online will be the best bet for denim then. When I make it down to Madrid I'll be sure to swing by those spots. Good looking out!

Hi there, I'm having trouble finding best fit for raw denim, and looking for your opinions. I've had a pair of Nudie Grim Tims 31w for a few weeks now, and they are just finally starting to get comfortable (not insanely tight everywhere). I also ordered a pair of NPC Rescues (30w). Just got them today, and not sure if I like the fit (too big perhaps, or maybe I should have gone NS in 29 instead?). Looking for some feedback before I go get them hemmed. The GTs were tight as hell when I first got them, but the APC are a true fit off the bat.

Grim Tims:

photo11zys.jpg

photo12fo.jpg

Rescues (cuffs tucked for pic):

photo13vw.jpg

photo14vy.jpg

I was looking over the Momotaro website and they offer pocket painting, does anyone know how the conditions work for a pair of Momo's not bought directly from them?

Hi there, I'm having trouble finding best fit for raw denim, and looking for your opinions. I've had a pair of Nudie Grim Tims 31w for a few weeks now, and they are just finally starting to get comfortable (not insanely tight everywhere). I also ordered a pair of NPC Rescues (30w). Just got them today, and not sure if I like the fit (too big perhaps, or maybe I should have gone NS in 29 instead?). Looking for some feedback before I go get them hemmed. The GTs were tight as hell when I first got them, but the APC are a true fit off the bat.

Grim Tims:

photo11zys.jpg

photo12fo.jpg

Rescues (cuffs tucked for pic):

photo13vw.jpg

photo14vy.jpg

get a new standard or a rescue a size down.

What (if any) are the jeans most similar to the IH-1955S? I'm looking for a combo of a very high front rise (12.5" - 13" on a 34" waist) along with wide thighs and knees (13.25"+ and 9.75"+, respectively).

It's relatively trivial to find wide legs, but not high rises....

Thanks,

JD

What (if any) are the jeans most similar to the IH-1955S? I'm looking for a combo of a very high front rise (12.5" - 13" on a 34" waist) along with wide thighs and knees (13.25"+ and 9.75"+, respectively).

Thanks,

JD

LVC 44 or 55 or look at other brands 44 (WW2 repro) cuts.

Alternatively Studio D'artisan SD-001 (left hand twill).

Thanks,

JD

Your rise measurements are what I'd expect on a post wash size 38 vintage cut. I'm not sure any model will give you that much raw rise with a 34" waist. Maynard suggested the LVC '44, that might come close since it's one of the highest rise models currently available. Quick look at Warehouse on BiG's site, the size 34 #700 has a front rise of 12.5". Everything else I'm seeing is 1/4" to 1" shorter than that.

Bleeding question...and I am sure this has been asked but search didn't help me find an answer...any easy way to get rubbed off indigo off of a white shirt? I'm asking before I wear a white shirt...if people have found it will come out easily with normal washing I won't be too worried.

Any tips on settling down those stacks? I have jbxmomotaro 0701 and I've been wearing them with a 3 fold cuff for about a year but after this most recent wash I want to go stacked. It's just annoying that they look so bulky now.

All,

Thanks for all your answers. I have decided that since I couldn't find a very high rise other than the IH1955S (which I love), I would get a lower rise and compensate with a wider waist (since my hips are wider than my waist). So I've ordered a pair of SD101, and they should be coming today.

Now I'm curious where one would go to get a pair of Samurai S3000VX?

I measured my best fitting jeans, H&M super drain (which are 2% elastine) and I was wondering if you had any jeans which have the same measurements (while being slimmer in the waist as it says). If no, what do you then think would suit best being tapered below the knee, as in most like the measurements above the knee?

Waist: 35,4 in (should be sized down 1-2 in) True waist is around 34,5 in (measured at where my boxer-briefs elastic is.)

Rise: 11 in

Thigh: 11,5 in

Knee: 7,9 in

Calf: 7,3 in

Opening: 6,7 in

Inseam: 34 in

I tried the Levi's 520 which fit really well, but they were a bit too tight in the calf and don't come in a raw version and the 508s were too loose in the calf..

I've gotten some different recommendations (Levis Calder and Iron Heart 301S Slim Selvedge), but I would like something which it's possible for me to try on before purchasing. I'm going to Berlin in a month, so if there are any recommendations I could try there I'd like that. Already intent on trying the APC Petit new standard.

Price-range is around $200 if possible

If you are in Berlin you should check out DC4 for serious Japanese denim (www.dc4.de). Other shops you should visit are Burg&Schild and maybe 14oz.

But I don’t think any of these shops offer raw denim with such a strong taper. APC might be your best choice when upgrading from H&M. Or look around if you can find a shop carrying Naked&Famous in Berlin. The are also more into those skinny/tapered jeans.

If you are in Berlin you should check out DC4 for serious Japanese denim (www.dc4.de). Other shops you should visit are Burg&Schild and maybe 14oz.

But I don’t think any of these shops offer raw denim with such a strong taper. APC might be your best choice when upgrading from H&M. Or look around if you can find a shop carrying Naked&Famous in Berlin. The are also more into those skinny/tapered jeans.

Thanks! Yeah, Burg & Schild also has N&F and I was also planning on trying on the Weird Guys. Guess I'll have to cut my leg workouts untill my stubborn calfs grow some more.

Be prepared that not everything what Burg&Schils say on their website is really available. Sometimes they have more stuff but most of the time I didn't find what I was expecting based on their homepage.

DC4 has often more in stock than they have on their webshop but not so skinny jeans. Maybe the IH 555, but that is a lot more expensive than your self-set 200$ budget

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic