SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Sounds like you're clued up as to what you're wanting, I suppose just one other thing to factor in is whether you're after sanforized i.e. pre-shrunk (though typical 1% to 3% shrink as with any 'ready to wear' denim) or unsanforized as in, shrink it yourself! Typically, the Japanese repro stuff based off of period cuts i.e. Levi's form '47, '55 and '66 is unsanforized, while the modern stuff from the States and Japan can be either.

Just something else to consider, as I discovered from lurking and asking question after question!

edit: also, 9.5" front rise really is pretty low, have you measured that from the centre seam? If it is right, Strike Gold (JP) are noted for their low rise as is Tellason (from SF), or their original model at least - the Mellor, I think? Both quality jeans, though there are scores more which would suit. Check anywhere that offers reliable measurements - TateandYoko, BlueinGreen, BlueOwl etc..

I don't have a strong preference for buying sanforised, beyond that this presumably makes sizing easier. The jeans I'm wearing now do have a 9.5" front rise from the center seam, but I could go a bit higher. Thanks for the suggestions, I will take a look at Strike Gold, Tellason, and Mellor.

What is the most expensive denim available. Excluded are jeans like these from Gucci with expensive stones on them and also excluded are denim jeans that are not being made anymore like the oldest 'known' levi's.

I could only find this Momotaro Gold label

made by hand which costs over 2K (source).

It this the most expensive pair of denim jeas of today?

Anybody????

Need advice ASAP. Currently wearing APC New Cure tagged size 30 measured size 32. Looking to pull the trigger on some 301s but need to know how size 32 will fit. Originally was looking for size 31, but can only get ahold of size 32. My APC's started pretty tight, almost too tight, but have stretched nicely though I could deal with a tiny more room...what do you guys think?

I have read through the sizing info posted, but still wanted to get some opinions (feel free to PM me instead of mucking up this thread)...I wish Flat Head made a 35 waist. I am a 35 in Samurai S5000VX and a 35 in Iron Heart 634S. Should i go with 34 in Flat Head or 36 in Flat Head? I do tend to need my 35's to stretch back out a bit after a wash. Thanks!

^ Sounds to me like you're saying you like sizing down to 35. If that's the case, go for the 36.

It isn't really sizing down as much as true to fit. They are comfortable, but I just like mine a little more loose around the waist. I worry that 34 will be too tight and 36 way too big. I'm stuck right in the middle. Guess it is better to go a little larger since I always wear a belt, but I worry they will be too loose. Hmm...loose a few pounds or gain a few pounds could work, too....maybe gaining...more fun that way!

I do tend to need my 35's to stretch back out a bit after a wash.

A bit like back out to 36"? Just measure your jeans.

If your 35's are stretching to 35.25" then you can probably get away with the 34's depending on your thighs, but if they're stretching to close to 36"+ then just get the 36's and wear a belt if need be. :)

Edited by jonny

A bit like back out to 36"? Just measure your jeans.

If your 35's are stretching to 35.25" then you can probably get away with the 34's depending on your thighs, but if they're stretching to close to 36"+ then just get the 36's and wear a belt if need be. :)

Good point...they are measuring about 35.5, but are a little on the loose side (thinking of doing a soak to tighten them back up. 36 FH is probably the safer way to go.

I'm looking to buy 2 pairs of Dior denim; the SS12 17.5 Jake wash as well as a pair of SS12 Skinny Khaki's. I'm having trouble determining what size to buy.

Most of my current denim consists of N&F Skinny Guy and Levis 510. In both I purchase a size 31 and in both instances the waist is tight and requires minimal but some effort to button the top button. I chose a 31 rather than a 32 to maintain as much slimness within the legs as possible. I'm 5,9/160 of athletic build with barely any body fat. The Jakes are available in size 31 & 32. I've seen suggestions to size down as well as size up so I'm unsure. I've only found the Khaki's in a size 30.

Naked and Famous Skinny Guy Black Power Stretch

Size: 31

Waist: 40.64cm

Rise: 24cm

Inseam: 92.71cm

Length: 114cm

Hem: N/A

Jakes

Size: 31

Waist: 42cm

Rise: 24cm

Inseam: 98cm

Length: 122cm

Hem: 17.5cm

Size: 32

Waist: 43cm

Rise: 25cm

Inseam: 100cm

Length: 124cm

Hem: 18cm

All input appreciated greatly.

Edited by Mister Anderson

If 30" gives you no break, then 32 will give you one fold/stack. If you want the accordion stacks you see on sufu, you'll probably need 34" or longer. If you want a 2" single cuff with no stack, you'll need a 32 to 33" inseam. Anything longer than that you can stack and cuff, or double cuff.

Hi there, kind sirs. I have a small question. What model/brand would you suggest for guy who likes to squat? My thighs are about ~60 cm, and I prefer denim to have some extra room in that area but with tappered leg and not to be loose at the backside. Sorry for my bad english though.

P.S. I can spend about 200 bucks.

So I picked up some FH3009 a few months back and been wearing em every since. Love em, except I had to get a sz33 (Im a true 31) to accommodate the measurements on the rise/thigh/knee/hem and although everything fits perfect (though i wish the rise was a touch longer), the waist and seat are not doing it for me. I've leaned up and lost fat since I started wearing em and now the waist/seat/crotch kinda sag.

My Question: Will a hot-soak alleviate some of the bagginess? Anything else I should do?

Edited by PhillyFresh

where the hell does one get Levis 505 (current 505 fit) in raw selvedge?

They used to sell a made in USA selvedge 505 on the levi's website but it looks like they're sold out. There's some of those for sale on ebay.. Looks like this seller has a bunch: http://www.ebay.com/...=item43b544b4c7

And this guy: http://stores.ebay.c...d=p4634.c0.m322

Edited by calvinsgross

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic